• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official February 2014 Thread...

Ended up changing today from CBR to BCV! We will be in a studio for the 2 nights. Really excited to try out their pool and Beaches and Cream!

This year was actually that first time in several years that free dining was NOT offered in February. Check out the historical discounts page on Mousesavers. Stay Play Dine was the discount instead this year. I think the experts believe that this means FD is being phased out and will no longer be offered in February. But many of us are hoping! I actually got a FD PIN for this past February even though it wasn't the discount for the general public.

Yep, you're right. Pins this year are out for SPD so it'd be rare that the general public would get something better than a pin code.

So will Disney contact you to let you know when they have put your Magic Bands on your account? I keep checking the MyDisneyExperience app and ours haven't been added. If you are supposed to be able to customize and have them mailed prior to your trip you would think they would want to give you plenty of heads up. Can't wait for our February trip. Really looking forward to making Magic Bands part of the experience (I think anyway ;)

Everything I've heard says they're shooting for it going active for everyone by the end of the year. I think it will be up and running by February, unless they run into some snaffus while they test... we'll be the guinea pigs though!

So will Disney contact you to let you know when they have put your Magic Bands on your account? I keep checking the MyDisneyExperience app and ours haven't been added. If you are supposed to be able to customize and have them mailed prior to your trip you would think they would want to give you plenty of heads up. Can't wait for our February trip. Really looking forward to making Magic Bands part of the experience (I think anyway ;)

There is a link on the MDE drop down menu that says 'Magicbands' or something like that. You should be able to go in there and just customize and order them BUT I think it's only starting at 60 days out.

It might be sooner, but we'd probably have to wait until it's live to find out. Since they're still just testing through October ours wouldn't be active yet anyway.

Everything I've heard says they're shooting for it going active for everyone by the end of the year. I think it will be up and running by February, unless they run into some snaffus while they test... we'll be the guinea pigs though!

There is a link on the MDE drop down menu that says 'Magicbands' or something like that. You should be able to go in there and just customize and order them BUT I think it's only starting at 60 days out.

It might be sooner, but we'd probably have to wait until it's live to find out. Since they're still just testing through October ours wouldn't be active yet anyway.

I guess 60 days would get the job done ;) I just didn't know when we were supposed to do it, or when Disney would open our accounts up to do it. Guess we are all in the same boat together waiting to find out! Hopefully some people will post when they find out for sure. Otherwise I guess we'll just be on the lookout for 60 days ;)

I will be going for the Princess Marathon and particiapting in the 5K. Feb. 19th-24th. We were just down there in July and I am so excited to not have to wait a whole year to go again. I have my ADRs set up, but I am waiting for Hotel deals. I have an AP so I am hoping for some discounts. I am hoping to stay at Pop. Just have to keep an eye out for flight deals!

I'm so excited to join this group! After just coming off the disney dream and the beach club for 10 days it helps the post vacation blues!

I'm doing the 10K at princess weekend, and then staying 21-27! We decided to so the deluxe dining plan, but not sure about resort yet! Thinking AKL! Let the planning commence! (My favorite part! Lol)

Good morning all!

I am excited to be heading to the world in February for the first time. Feb. 24-March 1 are my dates. We'll be staying at the BCV, also a first for us!!:yay:

Can anyone give me an estimate on what kind of crowds I can expect? We were able to easily get our ADR's and BCV at the 7 month window, so I'm just curious. I've heard rumors that this is a very busy time.

Thank you!!

Good morning all!

I am excited to be heading to the world in February for the first time. Feb. 24-March 1 are my dates. We'll be staying at the BCV, also a first for us!!:yay:

Can anyone give me an estimate on what kind of crowds I can expect? We were able to easily get our ADR's and BCV at the 7 month window, so I'm just curious. I've heard rumors that this is a very busy time.

Thank you!!

I went at this time this year (2/23-2/28) and will be going at this time next year, too (2/22-2/28). This year, the crowds were very manageable (think below average) and crowd calendars predict the same for next year. Afternoons can get busy but as long as you arrive at park opening and tour well, you should have minimal waits. Check out EasyWDW.com for touring plans. Happy planning!

dekkerdisneydreamer said:
Good morning all!

Thank you!!

I have heard opposite as it's right before it gets crazy busy with spring breaks. The calm before the storm if you will

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

I have heard opposite as it's right before it gets crazy busy with spring breaks. The calm before the storm if you will

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

I'd agree with this. It's a relatively easy time to go. I think Easter was really early this year and it's not until later in April next year so that should also help!

We were there 2/22 - 3/4 this year and it was great!

I, too am anxiously awaiting a closures/rehab list for February, specifically Feb. 12-20. Last year we were disappointed that SM was closed, but from what I learned today SM will be open when we're there this year :cool1: (it closes 1/6 and reopens 2/1). Anyone have any predictions on what we can expect to be closed at MK during our visit? Hopefully all the mountains will be open AND the Mine Train will be up and running. That would be fantastic! Thoughts?

I, too am anxiously awaiting a closures/rehab list for February, specifically Feb. 12-20. Last year we were disappointed that SM was closed, but from what I learned today SM will be open when we're there this year :cool1: (it closes 1/6 and reopens 2/1). Anyone have any predictions on what we can expect to be closed at MK during our visit? Hopefully all the mountains will be open AND the Mine Train will be up and running. That would be fantastic! Thoughts?

Where did you see that? Splash has been down for both of it late February trips so far.

I've got my fingers crossed for Mine Train but Im pretty doubtful. That would be very early, whereas most things are maybe a month or less lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter