Official February 2014 Thread...

SW airfares are coming out on July 22 for Presidents Week!! Getting excited to book!

How did you find out about that tidbit of information? That's awesome. We've been waiting for both JetBlue and Southwest fares for that week. They both end on Feb 12, 2014 right now.

It's old news now, but for anyone who has not heard, package rates for 2014 will be out July 10 (or so the rumors say).

How did you find out about that tidbit of information? That's awesome. We've been waiting for both JetBlue and Southwest fares for that week. They both end on Feb 12, 2014 right now.

I saw it on the SW site under Travel Tools.

Yay! After three years, I've finally got a ticker again. Feb 1-8 at Coronado Springs and celebrating DH's birthday too. :yay:

Hey everybody. Brand new to the boards and to Disney. We're planning our very first trip Feb 8-15. It'll be me, hubby, ds8 and ds10. We are super excited.

Hi everyone!!! We are planning an 8 night stay over President's Day week. We haven't decided between POFQ or CSR yet, but I'm leaning toward POFQ at this point. I'm very very anxiously waiting on SW to release the dates we will be there. Jetblue has their rates out and they're pretty scary....but I expected that. So I'm just waiting on that and then I'm planning to book everything!

Hi everyone!!! We are planning an 8 night stay over President's Day week. We haven't decided between POFQ or CSR yet, but I'm leaning toward POFQ at this point. I'm very very anxiously waiting on SW to release the dates we will be there. Jetblue has their rates out and they're pretty scary....but I expected that. So I'm just waiting on that and then I'm planning to book everything!

Looks like we will be there at about the same time for the week. I can't decide on where to stay either. Right now leading contender is AoA purely for a suite and more room since we are staying so long.

Haven't looked at flights yet but JetBlue and SW recently stopped their non stop service for us so United is our only choice. Hoping to use credit card points though to cover at least half.

:cool1::cool1:Just booked my airfare thru SW!!!! We are going Feb 13-20!!! I was up at 5:30 waiting and am pretty pleased with the fare of $164 each way from Buffalo. I debated changing my trip to Friday-Friday or Saturday -Saturday but I'm holding off on that because 2 years ago we had FD over Presidents Week but I had to check in Thursday. So DD and I will just have to take 2 days off of school. We will still have a 3 day weekend when we get back. The schedule was pretty good too, leave 9:05 arrive in Orlando 11:55. Not as early as I usually go but it was the earliest direct flight available. Going home we leave Orlando at 9pm so that gives us an extra park day!:banana::banana:

Looks like we will be there at about the same time for the week. I can't decide on where to stay either. Right now leading contender is AoA purely for a suite and more room since we are staying so long.

Haven't looked at flights yet but JetBlue and SW recently stopped their non stop service for us so United is our only choice. Hoping to use credit card points though to cover at least half.

Yay!!! I would love an AoA suite but I'm so surprised at the prices. Too much for us I think. I checked out JetBlue and the prices were outrageous. This morning I checked SWA and the prices were great!!! I wasn't going to book flights for a couple of months though. Do you think the prices will go up? We don't fly a lot so I'm not sure about all this.

:cool1::cool1:Just booked my airfare thru SW!!!! We are going Feb 13-20!!! I was up at 5:30 waiting and am pretty pleased with the fare of $164 each way from Buffalo. I debated changing my trip to Friday-Friday or Saturday -Saturday but I'm holding off on that because 2 years ago we had FD over Presidents Week but I had to check in Thursday. So DD and I will just have to take 2 days off of school. We will still have a 3 day weekend when we get back. The schedule was pretty good too, leave 9:05 arrive in Orlando 11:55. Not as early as I usually go but it was the earliest direct flight available. Going home we leave Orlando at 9pm so that gives us an extra park day!:banana::banana:

Do prices generally increase a lot? I was going to wait a couple of months to book our flights but this morning when I went on SWA to look at flights the prices were so so much cheaper than I had seen on the JetBlue site. Now I'm worried I need to book much sooner..

My trip is finally official! Just booked airfare through SW. Our dates are now 2/22-2/28. We don't actually have a reservation yet, but since the airfare is the non-refundable part, that's what makes it official for me! We got a great deal by changing our dates slightly. It added one more night than we planned, but the tickets were so cheap it made it worth it!

Can't wait to be back at Pop! Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed for at least a soft opening of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train... :p

Airfare has scared us away and we are driving. Can't afford it at all for a family of five. It would cost us close to $1500! That is Disney spending money! Driving will only cost us a little over $300 for the entire trip. last time we drove the gas prices were much higher and only cost us that. Plus everytime we fly we get sick.

So, have any of you been there in February before? This will be our first time. We have gone in December and October or November mostly. What can I expect weather-wise and how are the crowds? I know to avoid Presidents week, but we are hoping for the week before the 8th-15th. And does anyone know when the list of ride closures will be out? My 9 year old just has to ride the RnR. :thumbsup2

I was there over Presidents Week in 2011. It was also Mardi Gras and of course Princess 1/2 Marathon at the end of the week. Honestly, the crowds were not that bad AT ALL! Everything was doable, the parks were open really late. MK was crowded the weekend of Presidents Day, but isn't it always crowded on a weekend? The weather was fabulous, low 80s most day. I think the weather can fluctuate. We went the second week of December and wore long underwear. There was a wind-chill warning. It's Florida in the winter the weather is all over the place.

Hi,

just joining because we JUST BOOKED!!!

February 4-11 @ POP

hoping for free dining!!!

Would you guys be interested in a DIS'er FEB 2014 Facebook group?

I belong on a fb group from last year, and is it so much easier than on here...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter