Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

Okay - so I am so confused. I though that I had read somewhere that the wall was only going to be up until May 14th (or something) but now I see that they are talking about a toon town gate that is open now but will close in may.....

Where are you seeing the construction? From the Train or while you are in Fantasyland?

Where are you seeing the construction? From the Train or while you are in Fantasyland?

The pictures of the walls are from Fantasyland. You can also see construction when riding the train, right now it's a lot of dirt.

I'm not sure where the original source was for the walls to come down in May, I know I've seen it referenced by several people, but they've been telling those of us that work here that they'll be up until the project is completed.

I'm not sure where the original source was for the walls to come down in May, I know I've seen it referenced by several people, but they've been telling those of us that work here that they'll be up until the project is completed.

The May 14 date was originally posted on The Hub and reposted by at least one fan message board. I found that date hard to believe myself, but I guess we'll know for sure on May 15. :)

Doesnt Make Sense that They Would Go through the Trouble Of Putting This Giant Wall Up , Only to Be Taken Down in a Couple Weeks? I Wouldnt Count On it ........ And Seeing How they " Enhanced " The Wall , And By the Way it Looks Way Nicer Then the bland old Wall LOL. Seeing How They Did THAT, I Dont think its Coming Down Any time Soon.

You may be able to see cranes or something from Fantasyland at some point, but we were on the train when we saw the excavator and the piles of dirt and all. Also depends on how hard you look - I think I've seen pictures taken below or above the wall showing a construction site, but you're not going to see any of that from inside the park without making an effort.

the wall just made dumbo more popular then ever!
It was a must ride for us before the wall. Now It's a must ride b/c i want to see over the wall! :rolleyes1

It was a must ride for us before the wall. Now It's a must ride b/c i want to see over the wall! :rolleyes1

I was just about to post the same thing!!! :lmao: I can't wait for the first shots from the top of Dumbo!!

I thought I read the May 14th date at allears and wdwmagic...... maybe i skimmed over something... because the wall looks pretty permanent to me!

I thought I read the May 14th date at allears and wdwmagic...... maybe i skimmed over something... because the wall looks pretty permanent to me!

Thats what i read it got to be some kind of mistake.
No way disney does all that artwork just to take it down.
maybe may 14 2011?? :confused3

Great! Now in addition to all the wonderful children that have to be in line to ride, all the Disney fanatics will be in line as well. We'll be in line FOREVER......
Though, not a bad point - since I have to ride it with dd, I'll get to see the other side! :yay:

Great! Now in addition to all the wonderful children that have to be in line to ride, all the Disney fanatics will be in line as well. We'll be in line FOREVER......
Though, not a bad point - since I have to ride it with dd, I'll get to see the other side! :yay:

Even more reason to do RD!

For MK, plan to do RD for all 3 of our MK days just because of this! We are going in June, so have to have a plan or we'll be in line all day, all trip! I know we'll have to ride Dumbo each day.

We always go in the summer and have never done RD. Dumbo and Peter Pan are the only rides that have ever been 'hard' to get on, so if those are your priorities, I agree, definitely do RD. I think we might try it this year, just for something new :) We have an 8:00 ADR at Crystal Palace and then we're off to Fantasyland :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter