Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

So they're moving Tink and friends to DHS, huh? And I just read that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area is undergoing renovations next month. Looks like my opinion that they should retheme the play area to Pixie Hallow was not too far off.

TL

I'm starting to doubt the Dwarves mine coaster rumor. They would have something started by now. Plus, where would they put it? The only 2 buildings that are shown in construction are the Little Mermaid ride and Beast's castle. It would seem weird to put the new "mountain" right in the middle of Fantasyland... it would ruin the landscape and veiw of the new Fantasyland.

Now that we are about to enter 2011, I am getting curious about just when in 2012 the Fantasyland expansion will open. I haven't seen any Disney news stating whether the expansion will be completed in early, mid or late 2012, but I am hoping that it opens before our 2012 visit which will be during my kids' March break from school (usually the third week of March each year). My guess is that it will be some time before we know for sure when in 2012 the Fantasyland expansion will open.

I don't believe it is official yet, just a rumor.

Also, Disney Blog confirms closing 2/12/2011:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY11Q1TwitterDisneyParks10-12-10@0007

This makes me so happy! My two oldest boys loved playing in Toon Town! This is my youngest sons first trip (granted he is only 16 months, but my other 2 were about this age on their first trip). I was hoping to get some pictures of him playing in this area, and I was afraid they were going to shut it down before our trip! We beat it by a month!:cool1:

Ok imo the dwarves mine coaster is a stupid idea. Magic Kingdom already has a mine coaster-BTM! Plus, Snow White has an attraction already. I'd really prefer a slightly thrilling dark ride based around Sleeping Beauty who is completely overlooked and I hate it. I love dark rides- I don't think they have to be "kiddie" at all. I agree that the expansion is in desperate need of rides but they need to branch out with the ideas!

And it certainly seems like they'd have room to put Minnie and Mickey's houses somewhere. Although they should revamp Mickey's house so that you can touch and play with things instead of walking through it like a mueseum.

Now that we are about to enter 2011, I am getting curious about just when in 2012 the Fantasyland expansion will open. I haven't seen any Disney news stating whether the expansion will be completed in early, mid or late 2012, but I am hoping that it opens before our 2012 visit which will be during my kids' March break from school (usually the third week of March each year). My guess is that it will be some time before we know for sure when in 2012 the Fantasyland expansion will open.
I think they're aiming toward a summer 2012 opening.

Ok imo the dwarves mine coaster is a stupid idea. Magic Kingdom already has a mine coaster-BTM! Plus, Snow White has an attraction already. I'd really prefer a slightly thrilling dark ride based around Sleeping Beauty who is completely overlooked and I hate it. I love dark rides- I don't think they have to be "kiddie" at all. I agree that the expansion is in desperate need of rides but they need to branch out with the ideas!

And it certainly seems like they'd have room to put Minnie and Mickey's houses somewhere. Although they should revamp Mickey's house so that you can touch and play with things instead of walking through it like a mueseum.

Oh my gosh! I was thinking the same thing! I don't want a Seven Dwarves mine ride. I can ride a mine ride at six flags that's a half hour drive from my house. A dark Sleeping Beauty ride would be fantastic! It would be absolutely perfect!

Sleeping Beauty is definitely overlooked and Aurora is probably one of the more unpopular princesses (That's just my opinion. I see a lot more girls wanting Ariel, Belle and Cinderella merchandise than Aurora). How many people actually call her Aurora? Most people know her as Sleeping Beauty. It makes me sad when I call her by her name and people look at me confused and then I say "Sleeping Beauty" and then they get who I'm talking about.

I haven't been to Disney World in almost 11 years and I would love to visit Minnie and Mickey's houses again, but the next time I visit Disney World probably won't be til 2012 or 2013. Though earlier this evening, I got a call from a friend who invited me to a trip to DW in either the summer or fall of this coming year, but they will still be gone. lol

Now that we are about to enter 2011, I am getting curious about just when in 2012 the Fantasyland expansion will open.
The move to DHS is only temporary right? Thought they were moving on to EP eventually.

ITA that HISTK play area would be PERFECT for Pixie Hollow... DHS needs something!

AFAIK, the total of the Fantasyland rebuild was never supposed to be fully completed until sometime in 2013.

The first stage of new Fantasyland attractions was originally announced for a Fall 2012 opening.

A lot has changed since those early plans were announced.

I was excited to take DS to Mickey and Minnies houses in March, but Im equally excited about the expansion. Maybe next time we go (2012) it will be done:thumbsup2 I think people complain about there not being new attractions, and then complain when Disney makes new attractions. I'm sure it will be wonderful, and they may just relocate the houses. Time will tell:)

So, I took this one from the link I gave above because I have a couple of questions.

PanoramaFantasyland.jpg

The building I'm asking about sure has the shape of the Little Mermail ride when you compare it to the original models:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/files/2010/01/fantasylandmodel.jpg

Oh my gosh! I was thinking the same thing! I don't want a Seven Dwarves mine ride. I can ride a mine ride at six flags that's a half hour drive from my house. A dark Sleeping Beauty ride would be fantastic! It would be absolutely perfect!

Sleeping Beauty is definitely overlooked and Aurora is probably one of the more unpopular princesses (That's just my opinion. I see a lot more girls wanting Ariel, Belle and Cinderella merchandise than Aurora). How many people actually call her Aurora? Most people know her as Sleeping Beauty. It makes me sad when I call her by her name and people look at me confused and then I say "Sleeping Beauty" and then they get who I'm talking about.

I haven't been to Disney World in almost 11 years and I would love to visit Minnie and Mickey's houses again, but the next time I visit Disney World probably won't be til 2012 or 2013. Though earlier this evening, I got a call from a friend who invited me to a trip to DW in either the summer or fall of this coming year, but they will still be gone. lol

Yep and not just Aurora and Sleeping Beauty, she also goes by Briar Rose.

She's always been my girl's favorite. And you know, it is her castle that appears at beginning of every Disney movie...not Cindy's......

A ride around her would be awesome.

Yep and not just Aurora and Sleeping Beauty, she also goes by Briar Rose.

She's always been my girl's favorite. And you know, it is her castle that appears at beginning of every Disney movie...not Cindy's......

A ride around her would be awesome.

Yup! It's sad that a lot of people only know her as Sleeping Beauty and not Aurora or Briar Rose.

Her and Jasmine have always been my favorite true princesses. (By true, I mean princesses who are real princesses. Not those who are just called princesses when they aren't a real princess) I'm a fan of the more "unpopular" characters. Like, I like Daisy more than Minnie. I've always been that way. :rotfl:

I know! It makes me sad when people think it's Cinderella's castle! :sad2:

So, I took this one from the link I gave above because I have a couple of questions.

PanoramaFantasyland.jpg

The building I'm asking about sure has the shape of the Little Mermail ride when you compare it to the original models:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/files/2010/01/fantasylandmodel.jpg

It looks to me like the steel they have up in that back corner is just for the Be Our Guest restaurant. The area with Gaston's Tavern will take up all of the space between Be Our Guest and The Little Mermaid. This is the area we're looking at:

LghHv.jpg

Ignore Cinderella's chateau in the foreground. That's where the Mine Coaster will be and Dumbo would need to be out of the way before they could start construction on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter