***Official DLR October 2021 Check-in Thread***

Three for three getting my park reservations, one more tomorrow, glad it isn’t a problem snagging them.

I am a little concerned about food and am hoping they get that all sorted sooner rather than later. We try to do one sit down a day, especially on Fri and Sat so we can have a break from the madness... blue bayou is a go-to for us, often for F! passes and we typically do WCT for WOC passes... but again, who knows what will be going on with any of that... just hoping I don’t have to wait hours for a dole whip.

I think I have the list updated on the first post. Please let me know if I missed you! Hopefully soon they release some info regarding Halloweentime. I can't wait to see the menus so I can plan my meals!

Is everyone getting their reservations okay for those traveling in the first week of the month?

Hi all! Wanted to share my experience: I've been checking the reservation site regularly, waiting to make park reservations for Oct. 12. As of this morning, in both Chrome and Edge, only Oct. 6 and 7 were available. That didn’t make sense given others on this thread reported they booked through Oct. 8 as of a few days ago. So I logged out of all sessions on my laptop and navigated to the park reservation page on my iPhone. Logged in and all dates through Oct. 12 were available. Made the reservation is just a few click and got the confirmation email almost immediately.

Went back to the desktop experience and Oct. 6 and 7 were still the only options available. So now … I was just curious and wanted to untangle this. Tried clearing the cache – no dice. I had to reboot anyway but that didn’t make an impact either. Only visiting the page in incognito mode did the trick.

Bottom line: when in doubt, try another browser/platform or just skip straight to incognito to save yourself some time.

I booked mine this morning for Oct 9-11 and had no problem getting in. Looks like Disney sent me a survey last week about by booking for Oct 8th that I made on Thursday but it expired before I got the chance to take it.

Adding myself to this thread as I am finally letting myself get hopeful and excited about this trip. My plans are a little different as I am going to DL via an ABD trip. Trip starts 10/24 but will be in DL 10/26 (for the evening) 10/27 10/28 and most of 10/29 (plan on booking a redeye for that evening).

I'm not sure how park reservations will work when we are traveling via ABD, especially on our last day which is on our own. I can't really make dining reservations either because not even sure if the itineraries of the past will be the same this time around due to re-opening/pandemic related stuff. I'm very type A when making travel plans so it's a little hard for me to have to wait/not know what's going on (or will this trip even happen?).

But I enjoy reading about everyone's planning! helps me get excited! :) I've only been to DL once, way back when I was 12 in 1992!

Planning quick trip for 10/26-10/28 on the end of a girls trip to Palm Springs. As of now, no one else wants to come with me so it may be my first solo trip! Want to stay at DLH but there is no availability for that date. May end up at PPH.

October friends, I need your help! I am approaching my 120 day mark. I will be purchasing a 4 PH. Do I wait until all park days are within the 120 window? Or makes reservations every day for the opening park? Thanks in advance!!

Planning October 1-4 to spend my daughter’s Sweet 16 and my birthday. I was supposed to be there on my birthday in 2020 but stupid covid.

How were you able to officially book?

Our October 2020 DLH reservations got cancelled, of course....and I don't see a way to rebook for October 2021??

No option through the website, and no answer when you call DLH.

Help?

TIA!
I called disney (it took 5 mins from what I understand that's unheard of) but my hotel choice wasn't available.. So I booked Camelot inn separately and purchased and reserved tickets on Disney's website for Oct 11th-18th .. We have are travel days (mondays) and 1 day at Universal.. Disney bound again after 3 years and 1 canceled trip!!

How busy is it Columbus weekend? Will the Columbus Monday be jammed pack?

I'm hopeful that, this year, it'll be less busy because kids should be back in in-person school (vs. distance learning) and parents will be less interested in pulling their kids out. Most Northern California K-12 schools don’t have fall break at that time and a quick Google search indicated the Los Angeles Unified School District is in session that entire week. I can’t speak to other local-ish regions.

We’re driving down on Monday (Columbus Day), in the parks Tuesday – mid-day Friday to hopefully avoid crowds. Fingers crossed this plan works out!

My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, so we're basically going on our honeymoon again, which included Disney. We weren't originally going to go to the Parks this year because we didn't want to deal with masks and COVID restrictions. We're both vaccinated and it appears that the parks are going back to some semblance of normal so we decided to re-configure our vacation reservations a little bit and spend some time at Disney. Our first day, we'll be arriving a little late as we'll be heading to the parks straight from the airport; but we plan to stay the whole day until close.

I've already made reservations for the parks for the full 5-days we'll be there. Now I have to wait until the dining reservations open in August. I understand that they're a little cutthroat right now.

I just made these reservations today and I'm already so excited.

We'll be in the parks from 10/17-10/21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter