***Official DLR June 2022 Check-in Thread***

5 more days, I can't wait!! It's been so long since I first started planning since we were originally planning to go in September 2021, then we moved it to Feb 2022, then to June.

I'm worried and stressed about the heat though (I know, I know, 80's isn't really heat). But we're not from a state where it's warm (it's been 50's to 60's here, maybe tipping into 70's). So I'm concerned we'll have a hard time adjusting. We're planning to arrive at 8:00 and stay until 12ish, then take a break and come back around 5. So I know we'll miss the hottest part of the day. I've got a couple UV umbrellas, some misting fans, cooling towels...probably way overprepared but I don't like heat and being sweaty.

We're doing 4 day hoppers, with 2 days starting in DL and hopping to CA later and 2 days starting in CA then hopping to DL. On our off days, we're doing a brunch at Storytellers on one day and a Dodgers game that night. On our other off day, we'll do Trader Sam's. No other sit down dining in the park, we like just doing mobile order for quick service. Planning to see all the nighttime shows over the 4 days. Our big focus will be GE and Avengers. And Cars land. I'm so so excited!!

5 more days, I can't wait!! It's been so long since I first started planning since we were originally planning to go in September 2021, then we moved it to Feb 2022, then to June.

I'm worried and stressed about the heat though (I know, I know, 80's isn't really heat). But we're not from a state where it's warm (it's been 50's to 60's here, maybe tipping into 70's). So I'm concerned we'll have a hard time adjusting. We're planning to arrive at 8:00 and stay until 12ish, then take a break and come back around 5. So I know we'll miss the hottest part of the day. I've got a couple UV umbrellas, some misting fans, cooling towels...probably way overprepared but I don't like heat and being sweaty.

We're doing 4 day hoppers, with 2 days starting in DL and hopping to CA later and 2 days starting in CA then hopping to DL. On our off days, we're doing a brunch at Storytellers on one day and a Dodgers game that night. On our other off day, we'll do Trader Sam's. No other sit down dining in the park, we like just doing mobile order for quick service. Planning to see all the nighttime shows over the 4 days. Our big focus will be GE and Avengers. And Cars land. I'm so so excited!!
You should be fine with temps in the 80s. It’s actually quite cool and sometimes foggy in June in the mornings, and evenings cool off as well. Smart to take a break at the hottest time of day - that’s what we always do, too!
Have a great time!

Just got back to Dallas after our 4 parks days. We had a great time. The weather was spectacular yesterday. Cool almost the whole day. It was a nice break from the sunny 3 days prior. I’ll have more detailed thoughts later in a separate thread but we had a really fun trip and Genie+ made it as close to our past Maxpass aided trips. We had a few bumps along the way, like being stuck on the Matterhorn for 30 minutes and almost missing our premium Fantasmic reservation but overall a great family vacation.

Just got back to Dallas after our 4 parks days. We had a great time. The weather was spectacular yesterday. Cool almost the whole day. It was a nice break from the sunny 3 days prior. I’ll have more detailed thoughts later in a separate thread but we had a really fun trip and Genie+ made it as close to our past Maxpass aided trips. We had a few bumps along the way, like being stuck on the Matterhorn for 30 minutes and almost missing our premium Fantasmic reservation but overall a great family vacation.
Looking forward to more details on your trip. Glad you had a great one!

Only about a week to go! We will be there June 15-18 staying at the Camelot Inn.
Celebrating with some friends for their 1 year wedding anniversary and our 6 yr old's birthday
River Belle Terrace Premium Fantasmic Dining, WOC Dining/Storytellers and Brunch at Lamplight on this trip! Hoping to catch DL Forever and MSEP as well.

We arrived to BWPAI yesterday, no park ticket until today. Had cocktails and snacks at Trader Sam's which was fun. DS13 enjoyed the antics of the place. Food tasted good but green beans were cold, other stuff lukewarm except the ramen which was appropriately hot.
Rope dropped Web slingers this morning, thoroughly enjoyed it (I can't ride most of the rides due to a broken shoulder) and we were off by 8:20. DH & DS headed to GOTG, while I found coffee. Next up was Incredicoaster for the guys, then IOEW, Swings, Jellyfish and Zephyr. DS wanted Goofys SS but line was long. We did Little Mermaid instead and then the guys did single rider for Incredicoaster. Since I didn't ride a lot, I grabbed LL for Matterhorn and Hyperspace Mountain, both 1-2p. While the guys were on Incredicoaster the second time I snagged a LL for Goofy's for before our hop to DLR. After our 2 LL at DLR we headed to hotel for a break. Heading back tonight and I already mobile ordered dinner at Cucina Cucamonga (thanks @chezcurrie )
I feel we accomplished a lot without being stressed or rushing around.

I am heartbroken we had to cancel our anniversary trip! I have pneumonia. Again. First time was a reaction to radiation treatments. This time, who knows? So, so bummed. My question is how long do tickets last when purchased through the Disneyland website? I couldn’t seem to find it in the fine print anywhere.
Oh no!!! I don’t have the answer on the tickets, but I just wanted to say I’m so sorry about the cancelled trip and the pneumonia. I hope you’re feeling better soon and can reschedule :(

I am heartbroken we had to cancel our anniversary trip! I have pneumonia. Again. First time was a reaction to radiation treatments. This time, who knows? So, so bummed. My question is how long do tickets last when purchased through the Disneyland website? I couldn’t seem to find it in the fine print anywhere.
Hope you recover quickly!

From the DLR website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/):

One-day tickets that are purchased this year are valid now through December 30, 2023.

Multi-day tickets purchased this year must be used within 13 days of first use or by January 12, 2024, whichever occurs first.

After the expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

After the expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.
@katejc this ^. worst case scenario, if you can't use them before they expire you can still get credit towards new tix. Ours from 2020 expired and it took a few calls but I managed to get new tax and credit for the old ones. Originally was told I could only do it in person in at DLR tix booth but I eventually got a CM who helped me do it by mail.
Good luck and get well soon.

We will be arriving morning of Fri June 17 and flying home Sun June 26
Excited. Sad Nemo Subs walls are still up and we cannot go on Pirates, but there is a lot to do.

Oh no!!! I don’t have the answer on the tickets, but I just wanted to say I’m so sorry about the cancelled trip and the pneumonia. I hope you’re feeling better soon and can reschedule :(
Thanks for your kind words! We will definitely reschedule but probably not til fall…

Hope you recover quickly!

From the DLR website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/):

One-day tickets that are purchased this year are valid now through December 30, 2023.

Multi-day tickets purchased this year must be used within 13 days of first use or by January 12, 2024, whichever occurs first.

Thanks so much! I knew it was there somewhere-just couldn’t find it through the pneumonia fog! Hoping we’ll still get to see MSEP I’d we try for the fall…

@katejc this ^. worst case scenario, if you can't use them before they expire you can still get credit towards new tix. Ours from 2020 expired and it took a few calls but I managed to get new tax and credit for the old ones. Originally was told I could only do it in person in at DLR tix booth but I eventually got a CM who helped me do it by mail.
Good luck and get well soon.
Thank you!!

Well, our June trip is all over, but I can safely say it was everything we hoped for and more. So much so, that after swearing up down and every way to Sunday that this was a ONE TIME THING, I told DH last night that we should come back again before the boy turns 10 and is apparently an adult, lol. DH quickly agreed and plans are now underway 😆. Next time, we want to do SWGE at night!

And the best part is, the kiddo is already 7, which means we will be back within two years! So, looks like you all won’t be getting rid of me after all!

Well, our June trip is all over, but I can safely say it was everything we hoped for and more. So much so, that after swearing up down and every way to Sunday that this was a ONE TIME THING, I told DH last night that we should come back again before the boy turns 10 and is apparently an adult, lol. DH quickly agreed and plans are now underway 😆. Next time, we want to do SWGE at night!

And the best part is, the kiddo is already 7, which means we will be back within two years! So, looks like you all won’t be getting rid of me after all!

I think a lot of us here can recall a similar scenario. Mine was "oh we will only stay onsite for my birthday, it's a splurge." And now it's hard to stay anywhere but onsite for the whole vacation.

Heck, I'm not even going to the parks this month but here I am reading plans and trip reports (since I'm so excited for ours later this year).

This is the way. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter