Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

Just curious if Mickey is out just before the finish line at the half. You know how at the WDW 1/2 and full, Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Goofy etc. will be there in racing gear just before the finsh.

OK, so my friend wants to dress up for the 1/2
She is a total princess but I am really not :lmao:
I am a total goofy geek :rotfl2:
So, i was thinking Goofy - any ideas how to pull that off?

The Goofy hat with ears, an orange shirt, blue shorts or a skirt, a loose vest and white gloves?

Just curious if Mickey is out just before the finish line at the half. You know how at the WDW 1/2 and full, Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Goofy etc. will be there in racing gear just before the finsh.

I've also seen the characters out at the race start. They are usually in their blue race gear outfits.

I haven't seen a picture but they usually stay the same with just the year changing until the 5 year mark.

Saw the medal for this year at the SF Marathon Expo. Can confirm the thing changed on the medal was the year. But the strap carrying the medal has changed, the way the name Disneyland and the coloring were changed.

Has anyone received their official waiver email from Disney yet? Using the link on this site I found my bin number and corral placement, but when I try to confirm my registration through the Run Disney site, it can't find me.

Just found these boards and have been engrossed this whole morning ! Where have you been these last few months during my training. I'm a brand new runner as of March. It's been a long road but I'm looking forward to my very first half marathon at Disneyland in just a few short weeks !

Just found these boards and have been engrossed this whole morning ! Where have you been these last few months during my training. I'm a brand new runner as of March. It's been a long road but I'm looking forward to my very first half marathon at Disneyland in just a few short weeks !

If you do the Disneyland 1/2 and the Wine and Dine....you will get your coast to coast! add THAT to your sig!

I am doing those 2 as my first halfs and C2C!

Suited Deuces said:
If you do the Disneyland 1/2 and the Wine and Dine....you will get your coast to coast! add THAT to your sig!

I am doing those 2 as my first halfs and C2C!

I did the Princess and now I am doing DL to get my C2C!!! I am so excited!!!!!

Has anyone received their official waiver email from Disney yet? Using the link on this site I found my bin number and corral placement, but when I try to confirm my registration through the Run Disney site, it can't find me.

Did you try logging in through active.com? It should show up there :)

San Francisco 1st Half done and over with! The hills seemed worse this year, even if the weather was better. Good think I didn't try the full, I got to the last major hill of the half (the staircase as I refer to it since it goes up and then flat and then up and then flat and continues like that for a little over a mile) and my legs were damn tired of all the hills and were about ready to quit (three-five depending on how you look at it, including the over and back over the Golden Gate bridge, which I love but is tiring). Up until the staircase I had been doing 16 minute licks which is pretty damn good concerning how hilly it is. The staircase threw my average pace up to about 18:20 unfortunately. I should be able to move forward now as soon as the gigantic blister I got from wearing my brace heals. And I need to figure out how to wear that brace without causing a repeat in September. Anyone here have any ideas? Maybe need to put body glide on where the brace goes. Sore and a bit tired but more alert than usual which is good. Since I think Disneyland will look like a walk in the park after this.

I noticed that the Hyatt Regency is not on the good neighbor transportation list for the start of the race. Does anyone have suggestions on how I should get to the start?

Thank you!

I'm thinking the official email/announcement will come sometime this week. It's usually 1 month before the race. I've had probs in the past finding my confirmation on the site too, but as long as you have your waiver you'll be good.

Glad you found us! You are going to have a blast running this one!
San Francisco 1st Half done and over with! The hills seemed worse this year, even if the weather was better. Good think I didn't try the full, I got to the last major hill of the half (the staircase as I refer to it since it goes up and then flat and then up and then flat and continues like that for a little over a mile) and my legs were damn tired of all the hills and were about ready to quit (three-five depending on how you look at it, including the over and back over the Golden Gate bridge, which I love but is tiring). Maybe need to put body glide on where the brace goes.

Is that the 1 after the bridge on the backside near the ocean? Or after that one when you go down that hill and start inclining again towards the park? Those hills absolutely killed my hips last year during Nike. It was the 1st race I ever had to stop and stop 4 or 5 times to stretch out b/c of the pain. Congrats on finishing! Glide should help for DL. Maybe try a long run before then w/ the glide and the brace to make sure that that will work so if it doesn't you still have time to find something else and try that out as well.

I noticed that the Hyatt Regency is not on the good neighbor transportation list for the start of the race. Does anyone have suggestions on how I should get to the start?

Are you going to have a rental car? If yes, then you could do a drop off. Also, check w/ the hotel, if they have shuttles, maybe they'll have a race morning shuttle for you. You could also taxi it, but if you do, make sure you get 1 in time in the morning. Also, after the race, they might be a little hard to find.1 last idea would be maybe to walk down to the Hilton, they're on the list, that way you could hop on and take it back after the race to shorten the walk.

Got 11mi in today-- that's my longest run since May! I feel like I'll be able to be ready for Disneyland now! My long runs have been down to 6-8mi in the summer heat, and now I need to keep working on bumping it back up.

This will be the 2nd half of my C2C (from the Princess--which was probably the last time I ran>13 mi)!

I'm thinking the official email/announcement will come sometime this week. It's usually 1 month before the race. I've had probs in the past finding my confirmation on the site too, but as long as you have your waiver you'll be good.

Glad you found us! You are going to have a blast running this one!

Is that the 1 after the bridge on the backside near the ocean? Or after that one when you go down that hill and start inclining again towards the park? Those hills absolutely killed my hips last year during Nike. It was the 1st race I ever had to stop and stop 4 or 5 times to stretch out b/c of the pain. Congrats on finishing! Glide should help for DL. Maybe try a long run before then w/ the glide and the brace to make sure that that will work so if it doesn't you still have time to find something else and try that out as well.

Are you going to have a rental car? If yes, then you could do a drop off. Also, check w/ the hotel, if they have shuttles, maybe they'll have a race morning shuttle for you. You could also taxi it, but if you do, make sure you get 1 in time in the morning. Also, after the race, they might be a little hard to find.1 last idea would be maybe to walk down to the Hilton, they're on the list, that way you could hop on and take it back after the race to shorten the walk.

The one after you go down the Precidio hill (the big gigantic hill near the bridge next to the ocean) where you are starting up towards the park. I think it would have been easier in some ways if it had been one big uphill and downhill vs what it was ah well. Question about Nike did you do full or half? Going to try driving course tonight since we head out of SF in the morning to get the feel for the half course. I am not looking forward to the Precidio climb again in October but the downhill should be nice. Is the post-Precidio race at NWM have that strange manner of climb too?

I've done both. Unfortunately, there are a few more hills after that gnarly 1. You follow the same path as SF, but instead of turning towards the park, you go through more residential area back toward the ocean. I think after the 1 right after the bad 1 there are 2 more that aren't fun. Not as bad as the presidio or right after but a close 3rd & 4th. The nice thing is that you go downhill after the Cliff House similar to the 1 you were talking about, although don't know if that's really a good thing. When you turn into GG Park, there is some incline, but not to bad, and when you turn around towards the finish, you're in the clear. On the map you'll see the chocolate mile and that part is slight uphill, but it's not even .05 of a mile.

A tip though, they don't have corrals. It's a free for all. So you might want to get there early and make sure you bag drop early. Didn't have a prob 2 yrs ago, but last year was bad. I hit stuck in the bag drop area until the race started and that section started moving. Not fun. And make sure you stop by the Nike store that weekend b/c they list all the runners on the outside window.

OK, so my friend wants to dress up for the 1/2
She is a total princess but I am really not :lmao:
I am a total goofy geek :rotfl2:
So, i was thinking Goofy - any ideas how to pull that off?

For the vest you could just paint one onto the shirt to cut back on layers and bulk, like those shirts they used to make. If you didn't want to wear a full hat, you could also opt for ears that just pin into your hair. I've seen a few of these for mickey and minnie.

I've also seen the characters out at the race start. They are usually in their blue race gear outfits.

Can you take pictures with them or are they on a stage to start the race?

I may have missed this somewhere in this long thread, but how hilly is the Disneyland 1/2 course? My neighborhood is hilly - I've had to modify the Galloway plan to run when I can and walk up the steeper hills. I'm truly tired of the hills and the heat.

Ran 10 last night. Feeling it this morning! Have a trip planned to Disneyworld this weekend. :banana: Hoping all the walking there will count as a workout!

Can you take pictures with them or are they on a stage to start the race?

I've never been to the DL Half, but I know for the WDW half, they were on a stage to start the race. Kinda hard to take a picture of them at the start when you are in the middle of your corral, but if you are toward the front and off to the side, then you might be able to get some shots of them.

I may have missed this somewhere in this long thread, but how hilly is the Disneyland 1/2 course? My neighborhood is hilly - I've had to modify the Galloway plan to run when I can and walk up the steeper hills. I'm truly tired of the hills and the heat.

Ran 10 last night. Feeling it this morning! Have a trip planned to Disneyworld this weekend. :banana: Hoping all the walking there will count as a workout!

It's not that bad. We start off on the top of an underpass, so we have the small down then up. After that, depending on where we exit from backstage DL, we run the down hill of an overpass. When we turn onto Ball Rd right after mile 4 marker, there is the overpass on Hwy. 5. That one is the steepest. There is one right at the mile 6 marker when we are on Lewis, that is an underpass.When we are on the trail, there is a slight incline towards the end of the trail and when we go into Angels Stadium there is a quick slight downhill/uphill onto the field. After that, no more. Don't worry, it's not bad! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter