Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

DeerIsleDisney said:
Is it possible to make a 12:05 p.m. flight out of LAX on Sunday following the 1/2? Or, maybe I should ask what's the earliest you think is reasonable from either LAX or SNA?

I might have access to a registration and trying to see if I can make a last minute trip work. Having a hard time finding a return flight later in the day. Thanks for any input! I'm not familiar with the LA airports.

That would be very tight depending on how fast you finish. I've run 2 Disney 1/2s and both times it has taken at least 30 min if not longer just to get out of the finish area. When I was researching flights what I read is it could take up to 2 hours to get to the airport. I'm not familiar with LAX either

OregonGirl said:
Argh, well my #6644 puts me in D, and I was kinda hoping for C, but its probably a blessing in disguise because after getting married in February I slacked a little on my running and my pace has slowed.

So even though I ran 10.5 miles yesterday and have been able to run between 4-8 miles daily and consistently for the past week or so (when I decided I needed to get serious again with my running) my pace is about 12 MPM - a fair cry from the Wine&Dine when I averaged 10:30 MPM.

I think after my Coast2Coast I am going to take a break from distance running and focus more on cardio/weight combos that will help with toning and tightening. Because the whole reason I started running wasn't so that I could run long miles at a time, but so that I could have something consistent to keep me in shape. Plus these Disney races are expensive. Worth it, but spendy. :)

- Carey

http://distickers.com/ticker/

FOLLOW MY 'DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON' & 'DISNEYWORLD MAYBE-BABY CHRISTMAS' PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

I remember last year when we were chatting about the Wine & Dine, the 1st half for both of us.. I submitted my best race time ever for this race and am in C versus B for the W&D and A for the WWD 1/2. Congratulations on your marriage. I just got cleared today for running great than 5k since April. I'm down to the 12min/mile pace also. Just keep focused the goal is to finish. We will get the same medal & C2C medal whether we finish in 2:30 or 3:15. I just don't want to have to pack breakfast! Lol.

I remember last year when we were chatting about the Wine & Dine, the 1st half for both of us.. I submitted my best race time ever for this race and am in C versus B for the W&D and A for the WWD 1/2. Congratulations on your marriage. I just got cleared today for running great than 5k since April. I'm down to the 12min/mile pace also. Just keep focused the goal is to finish. We will get the same medal & C2C medal whether we finish in 2:30 or 3:15. I just don't want to have to pack breakfast! Lol.

Woo Hoo for the C2C. My daughter is going for hers as well with this race :) Can't believe this will be my 8th half. The W&D was my first half too, and I am totally addicted to Disney races now ;)

I only wish I was UP to a 12/mile consistently. :worship: Plodding along here averaging 14 minute miles. But, finishing is finishing.

Had a good 4 mile run tonight. Muscles are sore; need to stretch them out a bit more.

Does anyone wear VFF's? I just ordered a pair of the Bikila's for only $48 shipped! I'm excited to try them but I'm not going to really run in them until after the Half in Sept. I hear you have to start out slowly.

Does anyone wear VFF's? I just ordered a pair of the Bikila's for only $48 shipped! I'm excited to try them but I'm not going to really run in them until after the Half in Sept. I hear you have to start out slowly.

Where did you get that price?!?!?!?!?

jeanigor said:
Where did you get that price?!?!?!?!?

Citysports.com has all VFF's on sale. Then use coupon code VFFPR2 for an extra 20% off!

Plus they didn't charge tax or shipping!

I stumbled upon it yesterday on someone's blog while reading reviews and deciding which style I wanted.

Awww, man...I've only been checking up on the Disneyland board version of this thread! This one is much more active and you guys even found our bib #s! Subscribing...

does anyone have a picture of the medal for this year? or does it look like the 2011? I wouldn't mind, I really like the 2011...

Bib #534 here. Looking forward to completing the C2C after doing the Goofy in January. I think I'll need to take a break from the long distances after this as I'm feeling pretty burned out after training constantly for a couple of years. Thinking of the DL Half will keep me going for a few more weeks anyway.

MightyDuck001 said:
does anyone have a picture of the medal for this year? or does it look like the 2011? I wouldn't mind, I really like the 2011...

I haven't seen a picture but they usually stay the same with just the year changing until the 5 year mark.

Hey everyone. My DH and I are running the DL Half together. We are celebrating our 28 wedding anniversary by doing the race together. Yes we are the type that will be holding hands as we cross the finish line together. Sappy I know. I love it! I'm going for my C2C. I did the Princess in February. This will be our first half together. I'm sort of nervous about my corral placement (E). In the princess I was in C and due to injuries only had 29 people finish after me. That was cutting it close. No injuries this time but the chance of hot weather is my concern this time. Happy and successful training.
Spottedprincess

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hey everyone. My DH and I are running the DL Half together. We are celebrating our 28 wedding anniversary by doing the race together. Yes we are the type that will be holding hands as we cross the finish line together. Sappy I know. I love it! I'm going for my C2C. I did the Princess in February. This will be our first half together. I'm sort of nervous about my corral placement (E). In the princess I was in C and due to injuries only had 29 people finish after me. That was cutting it close. No injuries this time but the chance of hot weather is my concern this time.

I don't think that's sappy ~ I love that! It's so cute. Don't worry about the weather too much, it's been good the past couple of years. And the corral placement, there are still 2 corrals behind you, and you still finished. That's a lot better than not finishing!

Any good bathroom stops! I know when I did the princess it was in magic kingdom, any idea of any good "potty breaks" at this race? I know kind of a stupid question......

12 miles in yesterday- Overall went well but sure feeling it today.. Wish I could get more outside miles in vs tread but happy the miles are getting in-

Still a little slower than I want but I figure after being up for the stupid pin release at 6:45 then working 8 hrs before getting the run in it's an accomplishment to just finish on target for slow pace..

-em

Any good bathroom stops! I know when I did the princess it was in magic kingdom, any idea of any good "potty breaks" at this race? I know kind of a stupid question......

If you look at the course map, the 1st 1 is around where the 12M sign when we turn in the parking lot. That 1 is usually busy b/c it's the 1st 1. The park part is a little hard, b/c the map isn't really detailed. There will be 1 in Cars Land and if we exit DCA through the main entrance then there will be bathrooms on your left as you exit, right before you go through the turnstyles. If we exit through the side of Soarin, then they'll be same spot, just on you right. DL is the same thing. If we enter through the turnstyles, they will be on your left at City Hall. It looks like we go through the castle and make a u-turn to go around Matterhorn. If we do this, they'll be on your right after we come back around the castle after Alice before we turn left to go around Matterhorn.The rest of the DL is hard, b/c it's not to detailed. If we go back to IASW, there will be some on your left by the Princess Faire.

Outside the parks, I know there are a couple at the corner on Cerritos and Lewis. Theremight be 1 either after we leave Angels Stadium around 10M marker or a after we get on Disney Way around 11 1/2. Not 100% on those though. We will pass the 1 when we go back into the parking lot at the 12m marker again that we passed in the beginning.

No it's NOT a stupid question. (I worry about the same thing for the Princess 1/2 since I'm not too familiar with WDW)

All the bathrooms are open in both parks to use !!!! Just familiar your self with the bathroom locations using the park maps. Honestly, in the past we have run by quiet a few. I'm sure we will be running in the Paradise Pier area and there is a bathroom there near the small carousel. I wish I could find a detailed map of the couse and I could be more of a help.

Thanks for posting that link! Bib #9257 for me! I don't really care what corral that puts me in, I'm just excited to run! This will be my 4th Half, and my 2nd Disney Half. :cool1:

OK, so my friend wants to dress up for the 1/2
She is a total princess but I am really not :lmao:
I am a total goofy geek :rotfl2:
So, i was thinking Goofy - any ideas how to pull that off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter