• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys! Only you would understand. I ordered myself a sleeping beauty dress mash up cake for Jiko. Chef Amanda did an incredible job in Oct for my daughter's Ariel cake so I gave her artistic license. She quoted me $40ish for a 6" with buttercream. I told her as long as it was less than $60 if she felt fondant looked better than go for it.

So Excited!!! I've never had my bday at WDW...technically its four days late, but I call it Heatherpalooza and celebrate For a week.

Also, I STILL haven't figured out how to post pics, so lurkyloo, can I email the Ariel cake pics and details to you? The whole cake was great!

Someone had a 'family memories' themed cake with pics. I can't find it. We are doing a family reunion in Aug with a fireworks cruise. I want a cake, and thought that would be the greatest theme. Pics of everyone, including those who are still in our hearts, but not our lives.

Can somebody tell me the difference between a 3d and a 2d image? I requested a cake with a pop up image of Snow White. I thought that meant 3d. But they told me the Snow White image was only available in 2d. I thought that meant the flat images but they assured me it would be standing up. I'm confused :confused3.

I think I am going to order a single tier Mad Hatter cake with a white chocolate Peter Pan figurine topper from the GF. Because you know, $250+ for a cake for 3 people makes complete sense. :rotfl2:

But our only child is graduating from high school, so I can justify it like that.

Can somebody tell me the difference between a 3d and a 2d image? I requested a cake with a pop up image of Snow White. I thought that meant 3d. But they told me the Snow White image was only available in 2d. I thought that meant the flat images but they assured me it would be standing up. I'm confused :confused3.

The 2D images are printed, usually on chocolate, and standing up on top of the cake, image on one side, nothing on the back. A 3D is a statue.

We've had several 2D cakes and have enjoyed all of them. My favourite was a chocolate tarzan cake I got for my b-day last year (pictures in free somewhere).

Yes and yes. As long as you are checked into the room, they can leave it at any time. The Grand Floridian has a 3-D white chocolate Jack Sparrow—you could ask the Contemporary if they can do one too.

:thumbsup2

Should be just tax on pickup.
is there a picture of the white chocolate jack Sparrow and can on be delivered to beach club?

Also, I STILL haven't figured out how to post pics, so lurkyloo, can I email the Ariel cake pics and details to you? The whole cake was great!

Sure thing! I'll PM you my address...

Does anyone know if I can get a cake at fort wilderness??

Yes, you can. See Post # 2 of this thread for details.

is there a picture of the white chocolate jack Sparrow and can on be delivered to beach club?

Here's a photo. You'd need to call Yacht & Beach Club directly (see page 2) to find out if they can do this figure. Grand Floridian definitely can.

P1110834.jpg

Thanks everyone for the great info! I will be surprising my daughter with the slipper dessert at our visit to the tea room at the GF in May :) just have to give myself a reminder to order it :)

Can I order it and put it on a Disney Gift Card or do I need a CC for it?

I hopefully should be able to tell you soon, if someone else hasn't already. I am planning a surprise cake for my parents at a dinner I won't be at, so I want to prepay for the cake (and another cake for my daughter). Pat from the GF took my disney gift card info last week and was going to see if she was able to do it.

Main Disney customer support said you could prepay using a disney GC, but we'll see. And I'd rather not have my wife see the cost of my daughter's cake, so I wanted to prepay that one too. Credit card receipts can be traced! :rotfl:

I have a cake ordered - but I can't remember getting a confirmation number for it. Should I have? Now I might have and I may have written it down and then lost it and totally forgotten. - been kinda scattered lately.

Just wondering if I should call back and get the confirmation number if there is one

I've never been given a confirmation number for any cake I ordered at Walt Disney World.

I've never been given a confirmation number for any cake I ordered at Walt Disney World.

Thank you. I honestly couldn't remember if I was given one or not. Now I can breathe a bit easier. :)

I was able to use a Disney Gift Card to prepay for a cake coming FROM GF being delivered to the Polynesian. Pat herself was not able to, but had to get one of her managers to charge the card.

I inquired about using the same method of prepayment to pay for the tinkerbell cake we are having at the GF, and Pat said she will check w/ her management. According to her, normally they do not allow prepayment of cakes at the GF due to Union Contract limitations.

I'm not sure why it would matter but I will post once I hear back from Pat.

Thank you. I honestly couldn't remember if I was given one or not. Now I can breathe a bit easier. :)

When I ordered my first cake ever last Sept (delivery to BOG), the only confirmation number mentioned in my email from Magic Kingdom Cakes was my ADR confirmation number. I had refererenced my dining reservation in my cake request email and that was the confirmation number used (as a notation).

Even though it was "mapped" to my ADR confirmation number, it is no guarantee that your cake will be brought out automatically. I still had to sneak away from DH during dinner and find a CM to mention the cake I had ordered for a "surprise" dessert. Our waitress did not know we had a cake waiting...

Thanks to all of the great information I found here, this was the cake I ordered for my DD's 17th Birthday last week. It was served at 'ohana and prepared by the Grand Floridian pastry chefs. She absolutely loved it!!

And this was my DH's cake from this past Monday night (2/17/14) served at Tony's Town Square and created by the chefs at the Contemporary. The WDW Railroad is his favorite, and he loved his cake as well!

Thanks for all of the info!

Is the front page still correct that you can't get mini wedding cakes made at AKL? I wanted one to be served after our anniversary dinner at Jiko, but Im thinking I may need to go through Boardwalk and have it delivered to our room at Pop later that night?

1506537_10202913360338680_1551910143_n.jpg

My daughters cake from 1900 Park Fare, 6inch size, I paid $35 total for it.

I've been reading this thread for a few days now in preparation of ordering a cake for my daughters 6th birthday. $35 that's all for this cake. Seem super cheap compared to what I've been reading???

And this was my DH's cake from this past Monday night (2/17/14) served at Tony's Town Square and created by the chefs at the Contemporary. The WDW Railroad is his favorite, and he loved his cake as well!

Thanks for all of the info!

What size is this cake and how much was it? Looks yummy!!

Is the front page still correct that you can't get mini wedding cakes made at AKL? I wanted one to be served after our anniversary dinner at Jiko, but Im thinking I may need to go through Boardwalk and have it delivered to our room at Pop later that night?

Definitely call and check. You never know—they might have a pastry chef now who will take those requests. And then let us know what you find out! :thumbsup2

I've been reading this thread for a few days now in preparation of ordering a cake for my daughters 6th birthday. $35 that's all for this cake. Seem super cheap compared to what I've been reading???

That's because it's only 6 inches and it's covered in buttercream, not fondant over buttercream. I'd also wager it doesn't have any specialty fillings. The decor is a simple screen print and some premade flowers—that also helps keep costs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter