OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son cant have dairy. Do you think they can make him a mini cake that is made with almond milk or coconut milk instead? We'll be eating at either Narcoosees or 'Ohana.

My concern here would be the butter. It's very likely that both the cake and frosting contain butter, which would also likely present a dairy risk. You might try calling and asking Pat @ the GF Bakery, but I have a feeling that BabyCakes is going to be your safest option.

Our mini cake was delivered to Crystal Palace breakfast as I requested, and it was pretty. I asked for it to be frosted pink with white dots (I was thinking white POLKA DOTS, but I didn't say that, I just said dots, so they were small dots). I wanted Minnie ears on top but the CM who took my order couldn't guarantee that. She said they make Mickey ears but she'd never seen Minnie ears. I requested it anyway. There was a little tiny frosting bow on the Mickey ears, turning them into Minnie ears...very cute.

When it was brought to the table all the servers made a big deal about it, ooohing and aahhing over it. They said they'd never seen a mini tiered cake there before and they thought it was sooo pretty. DD loved all the extra attention. It was $35 and added onto our bill (not charged to my card 24 hours in advance like I was told it would be), so I sort of felt obligated to tip our server on the cake too, which I wasn't so crazy about...an extra $7 tip just for carrying the cake to the table. Eh. She did bring out a candle and lit it for us though, and that was nice.

It was big enough for two people, I thought, with the bottom tier being a little larger than a standard cupcake. The tiers were cut into two layers each with frosting between the layers. The frosting was rather thick on the outside of the cake, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. *I* thought, compared to cakes I decorate myself, that the frosting was way too soft. It should have had a stiffer consistency, in my opinion. When they brought it to the table it was already starting to "droop" on one side. We took it back to the room, straight from the CP, and by the time we got to AKV the layers were sliding all over the place. It still tasted good though.

Overall, I was happy with it. It was just enough for the two of us, it was girly and pretty, it tasted good, and DD was pleasantly surprised with it. Is $35 too much for what it was? Sure...but, it's Disney, where just about everything costs too much for what it is, LOL. :upsidedow

image2.jpg

image.jpg

It's a little pricy but soooooooooooo delicious! I think I paid $24 for a half dozen.

Just ordered my Haunted Mansion themed cake for our Chef Mickey's reservation on 10/23! I am beyond excited to see what it looks like!!! Will definitely post a pic when I'm back. Chef Brian was super easy to work with :thumbsup2

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen...I emailed Pat for a cake at Narcoossee's, and we agreed on all the details of the cake and a price. When I asked her if I needed to place the order through the phone line, she said no, that I was all set. Buuut, after that, I was emailing Brian for another cake to be at California Grill and we discussed and agreed on the cake and the price, and he said to call the phone line to place the order.
Needless to say I am concerned that I may not get the GF cake from Pat, but I don't want to call about that one and wind up with two of the same cakes LOL!

Pat and Brian work with two completely different bakeries that have different procedures for ordering cakes. That's why one asked you to email then call and the other did everything over the phone. There is no way that one has any idea what you've ordered from the other, so they're not going to get mixed up. :thumbsup2

In Nov 2011 we ordered a custom cake and slipper dessert for our CRT lunch. Had no problem getting what we wanted. This Dec we are eating at Trails End. Can we have slipper desserts delivered to the restaurant?
If not, can we pick up slipper desserts at the Broadwalk Bakery?

The slipper dessert is only available at locations serviced by the Grand Floridian Bakery and the Contemporary bakery. Since the Contemporary bakery delivers to Fort Wilderness, you can get a Cinderella Slipper dessert at Trail's End. Call the number for the Contemporary listed in Post 2 of this thread. :thumbsup2

I called emailed the cake email for the Magic Kingdom requesting a Tangled themed cake, gave the design I wanted, specified a Rapunzel white chocolate cut out thing and one of Flynn Rider. Complained to DGF I couldn't afford Maximus, but that's neither here nor there :rotfl: They hooked me up with the Contemporary's bakery email (not Chef Brian, I don't think...just the regular bakery email?) and I requested the same theme, included a picture of the design I wanted, asked for the cut outs, ordered a 10" marble cake with vanilla buttercream under the fondant and white chocolate mousse filling, and that ended up costing me $125 and we got it at our birthday dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. OH MY GOSH. We LOVED it and hardly even wanted to cut into it!! We were super pleased and impressed and it was so yummy, the other table actually got up to come look at our cake and wish us happy birthday and our server told us that it made quite the impression in the kitchen!

And since Disney is the place where dreams come true, I ended up getting Maximus on my cake anyway! YAY!

Price: $125+tax
Date: 9/30/12
Flavor: 10" marble cake with vanilla buttercream under the fondant and white chocolate mousse filling (it was DELICIOUS!)

http://i47.tinypic.com/22c5tv.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/c2fc0.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/znssk9.jpg

It was beautiful, more than we had hoped for! And absolutely delicious. We were so excited :)

Sorry, another one! This one, mini wedding cake, we ordered as a surprise for our friends that came to visit in our room to hang out. They ate this and said it was delicious and we just had cupcakes from the food court :rotfl: I had it decorated in white with red roses, their wedding colors.

Price: $35+tax
Flavor: Vanilla all the way through

http://i47.tinypic.com/91j7lx.jpg

I emailed the email address on here for adding a chocolate slipper to our reservation at CRT 31st October and received an email back the next day confirming it has been done.

I'm in England so much easier to email than call. Hope my DD will enjoy the suprise.

Was inspired by your post and emailed, got a reply back asking how would like presented?
Does that mean do i want a message written on plate cause otherwise dont know how to replay:confused:

Does anyone know if you order a cake through the resort, do they take the Tables in Wonderland discount?

I could have sworn a few years ago when I ordered a cake at YC they took TIW, can anyone confirm that for me???

Thanks!!!!!

Thank you, Lurkyloo! Your information and suggestions worked for us last yr. and Trails End was the only restaurant we could work into our schedule and we really wanted to celebrate the birthdays with the slipper dessert.

You're the best!

Does anyone know if you order a cake through the resort, do they take the Tables in Wonderland discount?

I could have sworn a few years ago when I ordered a cake at YC they took TIW, can anyone confirm that for me???

Thanks!!!!!

While it's been about a year, a girl I know of from another board used her TiW discount on her anniversary cake.

Hi cake experts! I will be at Disney this spring for my DD's birthdays (twins turning 9). We are having an early dinner at Sanaa, then an Illuminations cruise.

Where should we do cake? At Sanaa? Or on the cruise? It's different bakeries--AKL or Yacht Club. I'm torn. . .

Thanks!!!!!

Yes, we used to TiW discount. However if you have had your credit card charged already, they have to refund the difference back onto your CC.

Yes, we used to TiW discount. However if you have had your credit card charged already, they have to refund the difference back onto your CC.

Thanks! How long ago was that? I sent TIW a message and got an email back saying that you can't use the card for specialty cakes or in-room dining.

i'm not sure if the CC was charged or not. My boyfriend called yesterday to place the order so I'll call back today and see if the card was charged and if not, add TIW to the bill.

Thanks!!!

Thanks! How long ago was that? I sent TIW a message and got an email back saying that you can't use the card for specialty cakes or in-room dining.

i'm not sure if the CC was charged or not. My boyfriend called yesterday to place the order so I'll call back today and see if the card was charged and if not, add TIW to the bill.

Thanks!!!

We used it in early February this year. The CC will be charged the day the cake is going to be delivered, sometimes it's done the day before.

ordered a mini anniversary cake for my kids yesterday (they both have exams the week before we leave). Spoke to the Y&B number. They were very helpful and I have asked for redvelvet mini cake with the mickey stampers on the outside and the message 'keep up the hard work'. Apparently there is an increase in cost if you don't have the vanilla or chocolate or marble sponge but he couldn't quote me at the time and said they will email me to confirm a price. We are having it delivered to our room on the Tuesday of our stay (our only day off-site at Seaworld so I'm hoping it will be placed there in the afternoon as requested and be there when we get back.) Will post pictures when we return.

Thank you, Lurkyloo! Your information and suggestions worked for us last yr. and Trails End was the only restaurant we could work into our schedule and we really wanted to celebrate the birthdays with the slipper dessert.

You're the best!

I'm so glad to help - can't wait to see what you get! :hyper:

Hi cake experts! I will be at Disney this spring for my DD's birthdays (twins turning 9). We are having an early dinner at Sanaa, then an Illuminations cruise.

Where should we do cake? At Sanaa? Or on the cruise? It's different bakeries--AKL or Yacht Club. I'm torn. . .

Yacht Club has more capability for fancy cakes but usually charges more than any other bakery, if that helps... Also, people have reported having more difficulty communicating with AKL.

I'm in need of some cake expert advice! My husband and I got married at disney last Christmas and are finally able to celebrate our honeymoon this Christmas. I would like a mini re-creation of our cake. Would this be possible to have delivered to our room at AofA or at Rose and Crown in EPCOT?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter