• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all the many people, lurkyloo especially, who have contributed to these threads! I just put in my order with Pat for a 6" vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and fondant, with a Stitch theme, to say simply "Ohana means family". I was shaking in my shoes, and it did take 3 days to get a call back, but she was very nice, and encouraged me to add fondant for a more special experience. Once I heard the price-$66- I was on board! My DH and DS love the luau at the Polynesian, but hate the trembly pyramid pudding at the end. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that it shows up with it's party clothes onparty:

Can someone please pm Chef Brian's email address to me - needing to order a 30th Anniversary cake.

kltigger said:
Can someone please pm Chef Brian's email address to me - needing to order a 30th Anniversary cake.

You would call the Contemporary Resort* — 407-824-2955 and ask them for the email address. We are not supposed to be passing that around.

Happy Anniversary.

Figaro77 said:
Thanks to all the many people, lurkyloo especially, who have contributed to these threads! I just put in my order with Pat for a 6" vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and fondant, with a Stitch theme, to say simply "Ohana means family". I was shaking in my shoes, and it did take 3 days to get a call back, but she was very nice, and encouraged me to add fondant for a more special experience. Once I heard the price-$66- I was on board! My DH and DS love the luau at the Polynesian, but hate the trembly pyramid pudding at the end. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that it shows up with it's party clothes onparty:

I can't wait to see it!

I placed my order yesterday for a custom cake for my DH 50th bday. I ordered it for dinner at Cape May Cafe. The person on the phone did not seem very knowledgeable, but very happy to take down lots of info and notes. She could not give me the cost over the phone, but said that I would be contacted within 48 hours via email and based on my ideas would give me the price then. HMmmm?? When I ordered 3 years ago from CR, they gave me price over the phone based on our discussion and that was it. So, we will see how it goes from here.

I asked for a Mickey theme in black, red, yellow and blue with a "50", swirls, and mickey heads in 8" with vanilla cake, buttercream, and white chocolate filling. I will keep you posted about my results and will definitely post pictures when we get back.

I placed an order for a mini wedding cake with the Boardwalk for our upcoming anniversary stay there. The lady said I could choose vanilla or chocolate. I was hoping to request a daisy flower theme like our actual wedding cake. Should I call back to ask about personalization?

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen...I emailed Pat for a cake at Narcoossee's, and we agreed on all the details of the cake and a price. When I asked her if I needed to place the order through the phone line, she said no, that I was all set. Buuut, after that, I was emailing Brian for another cake to be at California Grill and we discussed and agreed on the cake and the price, and he said to call the phone line to place the order.
Needless to say I am concerned that I may not get the GF cake from Pat, but I don't want to call about that one and wind up with two of the same cakes LOL!
Also, any advice on calling in the cake that Brian and I discussed? Do I tell the people on the line that Brian has the details? HELP!!:confused3:confused3

My son cant have dairy. Do you think they can make him a mini cake that is made with almond milk or coconut milk instead? We'll be eating at either Narcoosees or 'Ohana.

Does anyone know if Snow White is part of the Royal Package? If not, does anyone have pics of Snow White cakes?

I emailed the email address on here for adding a chocolate slipper to our reservation at CRT 31st October and received an email back the next day confirming it has been done.

I'm in England so much easier to email than call. Hope my DD will enjoy the suprise.

Also, any advice on calling in the cake that Brian and I discussed? Do I tell the people on the line that Brian has the details? HELP!!:confused3:confused3

I just did this yesterday. Call the private dining number, tell them you spoke with Brian and that he has your information and then give them the basic details: where, when, what size, cake flavor, price. The person I talked to was great, he knew all the questions to ask.

Hope this helps!

I placed an order for a mini wedding cake with the Boardwalk for our upcoming anniversary stay there. The lady said I could choose vanilla or chocolate. I was hoping to request a daisy flower theme like our actual wedding cake. Should I call back to ask about personalization?

Yes, you should be able to get something more personalized. :thumbsup2

In Nov 2011 we ordered a custom cake and slipper dessert for our CRT lunch. Had no problem getting what we wanted. This Dec we are eating at Trails End. Can we have slipper desserts delivered to the restaurant?
If not, can we pick up slipper desserts at the Broadwalk Bakery?

We are not eating at CP or any other WDW restaurant because our group is splitting up. The little ones and parents are doing WDW parks, the teens are going to US and SW with their uncle.

Thanks

In Nov 2011 we ordered a custom cake and slipper dessert for our CRT lunch. Had no problem getting what we wanted. This Dec we are eating at Trails End. Can we have slipper desserts delivered to the restaurant?

We are not eating at CP or any other WDW restaurant because our group is splitting up. The little ones and parents are doing WDW parks, the teens are going to US and SW with their uncle.

Thanks

You can get the slippers delivered to any meal at CRT

Thanks

I don't believe so as it seems to only be available at select restaurants. But you can always call to be sure.

You can get the slippers delivered to any meal at CRT

They are not eating at CRT. They asked about Trails End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter