OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but you need to order through the resort where you're dining/staying, NOT through BoardWalk Bakery. There is a list of resorts serviced by BWB in Post #1 of this thread, and Post #2 is the place to look up your resort to see where to call and what your options are.

Yes, but you need to order through the resort where you're dining/staying, NOT through BoardWalk Bakery. There is a list of resorts serviced by BWB in Post #1 of this thread, and Post #2 is the place to look up your resort to see where to call and what your options are.

Thank you !
I will let this thread know what I will be ordering for our Food & Wine vacation and also for the runners at the
Tower of Terror Run on September 29th !

We are staying at AKL and will be arriving on my sons 18th birthday. I'm wanting to order a cake to be in our room when we get there. We have been given the cake hotline number but we are from England, does anyone have an email address we can contact AKL to try and arrange this.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :)

Chef Brian is awesome he did this for me last year for a surprise for hubby.

DSCF0326.jpg

Fiesty Fairy! Im hoping you still read this board. I love the plate that you had made for your husband, and was looking for some info about it. Where/how you got it done, how much it cost, and how do i get one made as well. Please let me know (My DH is a SW nerd and I would love to get him that for his birthday)

Has anyone had a good experience ordering a cake from AKL lately? The last few posts that I read weren't that great. I was just thinking about the Zebra cake since we don't have a particular occasion that we are celebrating but I would order something a little more substantial is I could do it in confidence.

I've been wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, this question has been posted on this thread several times with no responses. It seems that if you aren't asking about a cake at the Contemporary or CF, then you won't get much attention.

Not criticizing. Just sayin'. :scratchin

I've been wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, this question has been posted on this thread several times with no responses. It seems that if you aren't asking about a cake at the Contemporary or CF, then you won't get much attention.

Not criticizing. Just sayin'. :scratchin

A couple of years ago AKL did some not so great cakes and I think they limited their options and what they'd be willing to do. And I think that maybe people stopped getting cakes from AKL or if they did get them they haven't shared the experience on here. I don't think the AKL cake questions are necessarily being ignored, I just don't think people have anything to contribute.

Emjem, I don't think they have an email address that is readily available. You might try calling the main AKL resort number and asking them for an email address to the pastry/cake team.

A couple of years ago AKL did some not so great cakes and I think they limited their options and what they'd be willing to do. And I think that maybe people stopped getting cakes from AKL or if they did get them they haven't shared the experience on here. I don't think the AKL cake questions are necessarily being ignored, I just don't think people have anything to contribute.

Emjem, I don't think they have an email address that is readily available. You might try calling the main AKL resort number and asking them for an email address to the pastry/cake team.

:flower3: THANK YOU!!!

Has anyone had a good experience ordering a cake from AKL lately? The last few posts that I read weren't that great. I was just thinking about the Zebra cake since we don't have a particular occasion that we are celebrating but I would order something a little more substantial is I could do it in confidence.

My parents orderd a Zebra cake to be delivered to my family when we stayed at AKL in June. I don't believe my mom had any issues ordering it, and it was wonderful - very moist and tasty!

Had to share the nice easy ordering experience I had. Pleasantly surprised it was all done through email. Am celebrating my birthday on our trip in October with a late breakfast at CRT so I had to go and order the chocolate slipper. I was given the choice or dark chocolate or white which was also a nice surprise as everywhere I've read they usually just give you white chocolate. They also asked how I wanted the plate personalized. Was really easy. I can't wait!!

Now if I could just get through to someone through the Port Orleans line to order the cake for my sisters anniversary I'd be all set.

Can anyone provide me with Chef Brian's email address?

THanks

We aren't supposed to post his email address, if you would like it for cake ordering please call this number and they will gladly give it to you.

Contemporary Resort* — 407-824-2955

Thanks LilGMom, I think I'll try phoning disney uk first and if I have no luck will phone AKL direct :)

My parents orderd a Zebra cake to be delivered to my family when we stayed at AKL in June. I don't believe my mom had any issues ordering it, and it was wonderful - very moist and tasty!

Thanks. I think we'll go for the Zebra cake.

Today's the day! We get our cake at GFC. I'm so excited to see how it turned out. I will post pics!

Now if I could just get through to someone through the Port Orleans line to order the cake for my sisters anniversary I'd be all set.

A friend of mine had trouble with this just a few weeks ago. She ended up calling Boatwrights Dining Hall, and they put her in touch with a real person. Call the resort's main number and ask to be transferred. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter