OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my Haunted Mansion themed mini cake that my mom ordered from CR to be delivered to the Crystal Palace for my birthday. She told me the price was $65.
575190_638046942906484_1653434621_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's awesome!! My sisters boyfriend had me order a Tangled themed Mini Cake from Boardwalk Bakery for my her (he has to leave our trip early for work) so he wanted to surpirse her and have it delivered to the BC on the 23rd after he left as a surprise so I'm sure there will be a delivery fee. Will take pictures. :) I was quoted $65 too. The theming alone was $30 extra but he said she deserved it. He's a good guy. :)

For anyone that has had a cake delivered to their room, was there an extra charge for this? And how much was it?

The standard room service charges of 18% gratuity, $3 delivery fee and 6.5% sales tax apply.

Does anyone have the dimensions of a mini cake? Or something to use as reference for size. The pictures are always close up so I'm sure it's looks a lot larger than it actually is. Thanks

Here's a pic I took of a mini cake next to a single-serve milk carton for reference:

PumpkinMiniCake008.jpg

And this pic of a two-tier mini cake shows it next to a bread plate that offers a bit of scale...

MiniWeddingCake.jpg

Thanks. That helps. They are fairly small. I'm trying to decide between a two-tier mini cake or a six inch. There are four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. We are celebrating my DDs 10th birthday. Dinner will be at CRT so I'm going to have the cake delivered there.

I still have 3 months to go but could use some advice as to when to order the cake. We want the cake on January 14. Should I wait until after New Years to order it?

A two-tier mini cake is definitely not enough to feed 4, even if 2 of them are kids. I would probably wait til the New Year to order just so that it didn't get lost in the holiday rush—like maybe til Jan. 4?

Thanks. That helps. They are fairly small. I'm trying to decide between a two-tier mini cake or a six inch. There are four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. We are celebrating my DDs 10th birthday. Dinner will be at CRT so I'm going to have the cake delivered there. I still have 3 months to go but could use some advice as to when to order the cake. We want the cake on January 14. Should I wait until after New Years to order it?

I am getting two cakes for our upcoming trip. At YC, the 2 tier mini was $80 and the 6" was $85. At CR, the 2 tier mini was $80 and the 6" was $68. Went with a 6" at both places and there are 5 of us. I didn't realize how mini the mini cakes were until I just saw the recently posted pictures. Glad I went with the 6"!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks. That helps. They are fairly small. I'm trying to decide between a two-tier mini cake or a six inch. There are four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. We are celebrating my DDs 10th birthday. Dinner will be at CRT so I'm going to have the cake delivered there. I still have 3 months to go but could use some advice as to when to order the cake. We want the cake on January 14. Should I wait until after New Years to order it?

I called the beginning of October for October 25 and 29 deliveries.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Went with a 6" at both places and there are 5 of us. I didn't realize how mini the mini cakes were until I just saw the recently posted pictures. Glad I went with the 6"!!!

Yeah, the mini cakes are supposedly really only for one person, though even we inveterate sugar fans find them a bit rich to finish solo. :teeth: I usually choose mini cakes so there won't leftovers, but when the price starts to get up aroundor even more thanthat of a 6-inch cake that could easily feed 6 people, it kinda makes you think... :scratchin

I have been reading and reading to try to find the answers to my questions but I'm running out of time. We leave in 7 days and I need to order my cake. Hopefully, someone can help me so that I can stop drooling over cakes and get to packing!!

I would like to order a cake for my husband's birthday. I would like to do the mickey head because I think is it so "Disney" and kinda masculine. He is not a big chocolate fan but likes strawberry. Has anyone had any luck getting them to make it with a different mousse?

Next dilemma, his birthday is the night we are going to the Luau. Would you have the cake sent to the Luau or my other option is Whispering Canyon the night before?? I can call and get my answer to the first question if I could only decide on the second.

If anyone has any good advice, please help!!
Thanks.

A two-tier mini cake is definitely not enough to feed 4, even if 2 of them are kids. I would probably wait til the New Year to order just so that it didn't get lost in the holiday rush—like maybe til Jan. 4?

I need a cake for 1/9 and was worried about this exact thing! When would you order if you were me? It's for ds 2nd bday at chef mickeys. I emailed them thus week but did not hear back. They are probably ignoring me thinking I'm crazy for inquiring so early. I mostly wanted to see if they could go a cake like a photo I sent them.

For anyone that has had a cake delivered to their room, was there an extra charge for this? And how much was it?

Just had our cake delivered to BLT from CR Bakery on 10/10. Quoted price was $68, transport fee was $3, auto grat of 18% was added (assuming room service, but could also have been because we are a party of 8 I suppose), as was some tax ... Total charge was $80. The cake was delivered boxed on a tray with a plastic cutter/server and real plates/forks for the 8 of us. Cake was delicious and just what we expected, will post a photo when we get home.

A two-tier mini cake is definitely not enough to feed 4, even if 2 of them are kids.

I think it depends on the appetites involved. It was enough for 4 on my birthday trip - my mom, myself, and my girls (then 3 & 10). After a big meal a little slice of cake was really all we wanted.

I think it depends on the appetites involved. It was enough for 4 on my birthday trip - my mom, myself, and my girls (then 3 & 10). After a big meal a little slice of cake was really all we wanted.

That's what I was wondering. We're on the dining plan so we'll also be getting dessert as well as the cake. I think I'll ask for a quote for both a two tier mini and a 6" cake.

Here are pics of the cakes we got on our trip from 10/1-10/8..

The first was an anniversary cake for my IL's. They had orange and yellow roses on their wedding cake, so we asked for that and a mickey/minnie white chocolate topper w/gold accents. We left the rest of the decorating to the chefs. We chose an 8" chocolate cake with the peanut butter cup mousse filling. It had chocolate buttercream frosting adhering the fondant to the cake. I don't remember the exact bill offhand, but it was about $150 including gratuity.

ETA: We had it delivered to Liberty Tree Tavern, so it was the work the Contemporary bakery. All communication was through the MK cake email address though.
2eminnd.jpg

The second is a mini cake that DH surprised me with at BOG. It was also a chocolate cake, but with the Bailey's filling. It was covered with white buttercream. SOO good. I would order that combo again in a heartbeat! ETA: This was delivered to BOG. I believe DH also organized this through the MK cake e-mail.
2vamx3s.jpg

hi. I've been reading this thread for ages now and we are arriving at the Beach Club on the 23rd.
Can i go to the Boardwalk Bakery on the 24th and order a cake to be delivered to a restaurant later the next week? im not sure what i want to order yet and wanted to have a look at what they do or even just get the standard mickey cake. its for my 2 DD's who Will be 10&2.
Was thinking maybe 2 mini cakes or 1 larger. i would want their names on it.
thanks.

Hi, I wanted to share the Toy Story cake that we had made for our daughter. It was delivered to Be Our Guest and made by the Contemporary Bakery.

Size: 8in (wanted 6, but they said it had to be the bigger size)
Cost: $107

I had asked for vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and sliced strawberries and frosted with vanilla buttercream, but on a follow up email from MK cakes I was asked if I liked vanilla or chocolate. I thought this was maybe for the writing or something similar and said vanilla. What we got was vanilla cake with some type of vanilla custard or pudding inside. I was pretty disappointed as this was clearly not want we wanted. The flavor was just ok. None of us wanted more than one small piece.

Hi, I wanted to share the Toy Story cake that we had made for our daughter. It was delivered to Be Our Guest and made by the Contemporary Bakery.

Size: 8in (wanted 6, but they said it had to be the bigger size)
Cost: $107

http://s72.photobucket.com/user/steph3495/media/DSC_9132_zps24187b3d.jpg.html

I had asked for vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and sliced strawberries and frosted with vanilla buttercream, but on a follow up email from MK cakes I was asked if I liked vanilla or chocolate. I thought this was maybe for the writing or something similar and said vanilla. What we got was vanilla cake with some type of vanilla custard or pudding inside. I was pretty disappointed as this was clearly not want we wanted. The flavor was just ok. None of us wanted more than one small piece.

lucybalue, The Toy Story cake is very cute. It's a bummer it didn't taste that good and you didn't get the flavors you originally asked for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter