Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have searched through posts over and over and cannot find if anyone has had a cake for 2 delivered to the all star resorts?

The All-Stars do their own cakes, rather than getting them from BoardWalk Bakery like Pop Century does, and the only option for a cake less than 12 inches is the standard premade 6-inch cake you get at restaurant podiums. More info is available here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/#asr

You could try calling that number and seeing if they could arrange to get you a specialty cake from BoardWalk Bakery, but if you call BoardWalk Bakery directly they will tell you they don't deliver.

Can I have a cake delivered to Raglan Road? DH's birthday ADR is there and not sure if I can order a cake there or just get a dessert there and then have a cake sent to our room. :cake:

He likes Goofy. :goofy: A chocolate goofy cake from my boys would be cute.

Disney's bakeries do not deliver to Raglan Road. You'd need to call the restaurant directly to see what options they offer.

I'm wondering the same thing. I was going to see about having a small cake delivered to our Tea at the GF on DD's birthday, but now I'm thinking we may not do the tea so I thought of just having one delivered to our room at AKV.

You're much better off having the cake at tea because it will be made by the GF Bakery. AKL's bakery seems to be hit-or-miss; some people get them to turn out fabulous custom creations and others are told they can only do very basic cakes. And some people get promised fabulous custom creations but end up with very basic cakes! :rolleyes:

thanks I will try calling....especially now we made resies at crystal palace and if need be I can have it there too!

You're much better off having the cake at tea because it will be made by the GF Bakery. AKL's bakery seems to be hit-or-miss; some people get them to turn out fabulous custom creations and others are told they can only do very basic cakes. And some people get promised fabulous custom creations but end up with very basic cakes! :rolleyes:

Well shoot. I'm thinking that I'm going to cancel the Tea because we are going to fly in the night before now and take DME early in the morning to AKV and do a late breakfast and go ahead and hit the parks earlier. I'm planning on a 10:00 breakfast at 1900 PF. Maybe I could have a small cake or chocolate slipper delivered there. I'm just not sure we'll be hungry enough to eat it after that huge wonderful breakfast.

My other option was Kona, but again I'm not sure we will want cake at breakfast. Well, DD might, but I'm not sure she would enjoy it as much. Origonally I had CRT for dinner that night but canceled it because we are doing the fireworks party and I thought it was just going to be too much.

I thought having one delivered to the room when we got back that night would be a good surprise. But not if they aren't any good.

Can I have a cake delivered to Raglan Road? DH's birthday ADR is there and not sure if I can order a cake there or just get a dessert there and then have a cake sent to our room. :cake:

He likes Goofy. :goofy: A chocolate goofy cake from my boys would be cute.

Anyone have any suggestions to this? What are my options? DH's birthday dinner is at Raglan Road. Can I even get a cake sent here? Or should I just have a cake sent to our room at the POR?

I'm thinking something basic - chocolate, maybe goofy related, and that says Happy Birthday Daddy! (from our little boys). Is this possible?

Thanks.

called the hotline today and then missed the call back grrr but she did leave a message stating to leave my email address when i call back so they can send me information....... i wander what kind??
:confused3:confused:

So I'm having a hard time trying to pick flavors for my sisters birthday cake from the GF. What are your favorite cake/filling flavor combos? Thanks in advance! princess::dumbo:

Anyone have any suggestions to this? What are my options? DH's birthday dinner is at Raglan Road. Can I even get a cake sent here? Or should I just have a cake sent to our room at the POR?

I'm thinking something basic - chocolate, maybe goofy related, and that says Happy Birthday Daddy! (from our little boys). Is this possible?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about cakes for Raglan Rd, but they do have a Facebook page and they are more than willing to answer questions. I have recipes directly from their chef for some of the dishes they make.

E-mail them at the e-mail address below, they will get back to you quickly. Let me know what you find out, I am having my birthday dinner thre in June.

'hello@raglanroad.com'

Hi if I order a cake to be brought out at CRT, is there anywhere the cake could be stored afterwards whilst we spend some time in MK? CRT won't keep it for us. Thanks x

Hi, was looking for some info on getting a birthday cake for my littlest who turns 1 a few days before our trip. :)

We have an ADR for dinner at Crystal Palace one night and were hoping to get a Pooh cake but I read that you can't get cakes with the Pooh characters...?

So, is it okay to order a simple green cake with flowers and some honeybees (thinking a garden theme) and then we can stick a Pooh caketopper on it that we'll bring from home?

How far in advance do we need to call to set that up?*

Do we need to bring a candle or do they supply one?

Thanks!!

Hi if I order a cake to be brought out at CRT, is there anywhere the cake could be stored afterwards whilst we spend some time in MK? CRT won't keep it for us. Thanks x

I guess you could get a locker. Unless you have something super perishable in the cake, like custard, it should be OK.

Hi, was looking for some info on getting a birthday cake for my littlest who turns 1 a few days before our trip. :)

We have an ADR for dinner at Crystal Palace one night and were hoping to get a Pooh cake but I read that you can't get cakes with the Pooh characters...?

So, is it okay to order a simple green cake with flowers and some honeybees (thinking a garden theme) and then we can stick a Pooh caketopper on it that we'll bring from home?

Thanks!!

All your questions are answered here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/#cakefaq
:thumbsup2

Call the Contemporary and ask for the custom cake email. They can work out a design for you!

Thanks!!

Ok. So I ordered a cake to be delivered to Ohana from Pat at GF. I asked for a white cake, white choc mousse filling w/ strawberries and vanilla buttercream on the outside. I wanted a pic of the Disney Dream on a white choc standup and mickey decorations in red, blue and yellow. It was surprise for my mom to tell her we were going on the Disney Dream! It was $59 total with tax. I can't say I was disappointed, but I didn't like the triangle things on the cake. It looks like they took the easy way out by using the mickey sprinkles and fondant triangles. But... my mom loved it. The cake was really good though! The strawberries made the whole thing! I wish they had been a little more creative but I guess they gave me what I asked for. :confused3 I was hoping for mickeys on the side or something! Oh well! Here it is!

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter