Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Boardwalk Bakery delivers to Cape May? We have an ADR there for my dd's 12th b-day and was hoping to get a cake. Also, wondering if you can get one of those mini wedding cakes (doesn't have to have castle top) in red velvet (her favourite). Thanks.:goodvibes

Does anyone know if the Boardwalk Bakery delivers to Cape May? We have an ADR there for my dd's 12th b-day and was hoping to get a cake. Also, wondering if you can get one of those mini wedding cakes (doesn't have to have castle top) in red velvet (her favourite). Thanks.:goodvibes

I think for Cape May you'd need to contact the Yacht & Beach Club Resort's private dining number. Here's a link to lurkyloo's cake-by-location page. She's the bestest!

Need ideas for my dd's birthday cake. We're going to dinner at Rainforest Cafe (her favorite) and then back to Old Key West. Looks like I can order a fancy cake to be delivered to the room via the Boardwalk Bakery (if I understand the sticky at the start of this thread correctly).

My DD wants to be a zookeeper taking care of giraffes someday, so she loves all things animal & giraffe...

I'm wondering if they could do a one tier mad hatter type cake with animal prints...

Has anyone seen anything like that before? Any other ideas? Her favorite rides are Pirates and Peter Pan, so I guess I could go that route...

Just want it to be special.

Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this thread for awhile, and I wanted to say thank you for all the information on here. I called last week to order a cake to surprise my DH. After going back and forth over email with private dining at AKL, I am so excited to see our cake next week. I asked for an 8" white fondant cake with silver Mickey stamps in a wave pattern with a white chocolate Mickey on top. It is a replica of the cake that we had sent to us the night my DH proposed. I asked for a vanilla cake with custard filling and fresh strawberries. I think that it is actually being made at Grand Floridian and will then be picked up and delivered to our room while we are out to dinner by AKL. I have to say that contrary to what some have posted on here, I have found the staff at AKL to be very helpful and accommodating. I need to get my post count up, but once I get back I will post pictures of what we actually get when we return.

I just wanted to share some pictures of my daughters 5th bday cake we had delivered to Chef Mickey's for breakfast last week.

6063052996_8aa7c881a1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6062322351_34b745c2a7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6062323347_8e1d96078c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6062868964_b33c32a688.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6062320723_918770d0dc.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6062317831_68465d91db.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6062864998_7ba5d5710d.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Chef Brian and Crew are to thank for this!!!

The cake is an 8" red velvet cake with passion fruit mousse filling. Loved the cake and loved how all of the servers and staff in the restaurant had seen it before us and were gushing over it. Also love how Minnie made it by for candle lighting. I didn't realize just how huge the white chocolate Belle is, but it made it even more awesome.

Thanks to Lurkyloo and everyone on here for helping me make this happen!

I totally lurk in here and I have to say...TiggerTrigger that cake is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh my gosh...over the top beautiful. I love Beauty and the Beast!!!

I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now...I just ordered a cake from Chef Brian this weekend for my daughter's birthday. It's going to be an 8" Mad Hatter style, with a Haunted Mansion theme...chocolate cake, buttercreme filling. Quoted price? $165! Yikes! It better be good, and knock my socks off, or dh will knock my socks off :lmao: . Really though, I'm sure it will be great, the girl I talked to was excited! They're going to deliver it to our Hoop De Doo reservation in late September. I should have my post count up by then so I can post pictures. I'm excited to see it!

36072_1648315605767_1173244380_31797510_773943_n.jpg

Thought I would share a picture of my son's 1st birthday from 2010. We had it delivered to the Animal Kingdom Lodge :)

Can I ask how much you paid for that? It is beautiful!

Thanks! It was $150.

I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now...I just ordered a cake from Chef Brian this weekend for my daughter's birthday. It's going to be an 8" Mad Hatter style, with a Haunted Mansion theme...chocolate cake, buttercreme filling. Quoted price? $165! Yikes! It better be good, and knock my socks off, or dh will knock my socks off :lmao: . Really though, I'm sure it will be great, the girl I talked to was excited! They're going to deliver it to our Hoop De Doo reservation in late September. I should have my post count up by then so I can post pictures. I'm excited to see it!

The cake I posted earlier today (pp above) was made last week by Chef Brian and his staff. It was awesome!!! From what I've seen - the mad hatter style cakes usually cost a tad more than a round...the rest of the price is pretty much decorations. I know $165 sounds like a lot, but we found it to be much cheaper than our local bakeries. I do cakes as a hobby and if I were to do one like this for a friend- I'd probably charge at least $250. Most of our local bakeries were in the $300-500 range for things like this. Can't wait to see pics of your cake!

Thanks...did I understand right that some are more expensive than others? Maybe I should call around.

Only marginally—as I recall, the cost of a screen print only varied by about $5 at the most, and that's just at restaurants that use an outside bakery (like some of the ones in World Showcase). Disney's screen-printing price is consistent.

I just wanted to confirm ... based on lurkyloo's cake FAQ the jedi Mickey cake topper is only available from the Yacht Club/BC bakery? If this is the case it is so frustrating. I don't get why one would have it and none of the others.

Because it's not a standard Disney bakery design. The pastry chef at the Yacht & Beach Club invented the Jedi Mickey by customizing an existing figurine. There are no molds for Jedi Mickey that can be used by other Disney bakeries. Maybe if you contacted the Y&BC bakery in advance they could sell you a Jedi Mickey to pick up at one of the resort restaurants...?

Need ideas for my dd's birthday cake. We're going to dinner at Rainforest Cafe (her favorite) and then back to Old Key West. Looks like I can order a fancy cake to be delivered to the room via the Boardwalk Bakery (if I understand the sticky at the start of this thread correctly).

My DD wants to be a zookeeper taking care of giraffes someday, so she loves all things animal & giraffe...

I'm wondering if they could do a one tier mad hatter type cake with animal prints...

That sounds do-able! :thumbsup2 Just be sure to place your order through OKW, not through BoardWalk Bakery.

The cake is an 8" red velvet cake with passion fruit mousse filling. Loved the cake and loved how all of the servers and staff in the restaurant had seen it before us and were gushing over it. Also love how Minnie made it by for candle lighting. I didn't realize just how huge the white chocolate Belle is, but it made it even more awesome.

Thanks to Lurkyloo and everyone on here for helping me make this happen!

I'm so glad it turned out well for you! :goodvibes

I have read through much of this wonderful thread, but still not sure I understand what my options are for a custom cake during our upcoming trip (for my son's 3rd birthday). We will be dining at the following locations...

Biergarten (lunch)
T-Rex (dinner)
Whispering Canyon (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
50's PT (lunch)

Ideally, we would have a cake at T-Rex (since my son is fascinated with dinosaurs), but I haven't read anywhere that a custom cake is an option. Has anyone every arranged to have a cusotm cake at T-Rex? We are staying off-site (Bonnet Creek), so I know I can't have a Disney cake delivered to our condo - but maybe I could pick one up on our way to dinner? Is there a convenient option?

Otherwise, WCC might be the second best choice. Can I get a custom cake from Contemporary delivered to WCC? I'm thinking that given the price of the cake, it may be most enjoyed at dinner (vs. breakfast or lunch).

The last option would be to pick up the cake from somewhere and enjoy it at our condo (or have it delivered to the condo from an outside bakery).

If I order from a non-Disney bakery, I would prefer to avoid the grocery stores. We have Publix here, and I would like to have something more unique.

I appreciate any insight and suggestions!

I just have to say - The last two cakes posted on here are more amazing than anything I've ever seen. Simply breath-taking.

Just to double check... if I want a cake delivered for my Wishes Fireworks Cruise departing from the Poly I would need to contact... the Brian at the CR? Or do I contact Private dining at the Poly first? :confused3

I have read through much of this wonderful thread, but still not sure I understand what my options are for a custom cake during our upcoming trip (for my son's 3rd birthday). We will be dining at the following locations...

Biergarten (lunch)
T-Rex (dinner)
Whispering Canyon (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
50's PT (lunch)

Ideally, we would have a cake at T-Rex (since my son is fascinated with dinosaurs), but I haven't read anywhere that a custom cake is an option. Has anyone every arranged to have a cusotm cake at T-Rex? We are staying off-site (Bonnet Creek), so I know I can't have a Disney cake delivered to our condo - but maybe I could pick one up on our way to dinner? Is there a convenient option?

Otherwise, WCC might be the second best choice. Can I get a custom cake from Contemporary delivered to WCC? I'm thinking that given the price of the cake, it may be most enjoyed at dinner (vs. breakfast or lunch).

The last option would be to pick up the cake from somewhere and enjoy it at our condo (or have it delivered to the condo from an outside bakery).

If I order from a non-Disney bakery, I would prefer to avoid the grocery stores. We have Publix here, and I would like to have something more unique.

I appreciate any insight and suggestions!

If you go to THIS POST, it will answer every single one of your questions, except maybe the T-Rex one (answer: Custom cakes are not available at T-Rex). :thumbsup2

Just to double check... if I want a cake delivered for my Wishes Fireworks Cruise departing from the Poly I would need to contact... the Brian at the CR? Or do I contact Private dining at the Poly first? :confused3

If you want a regular cake, contact the Poly by selecting the relevant options on the Cake Hotline. If you want a fancy cake, you need to contact the Grand Floridian Bakery via Private Dining or the Cake Hotline. CR does not deliver cakes to the Poly.

If you want a regular cake, contact the Poly by selecting the relevant options on the Cake Hotline. If you want a fancy cake, you need to contact the Grand Floridian Bakery via Private Dining or the Cake Hotline. CR does not deliver cakes to the Poly.

Will they deliver a cake to our fireworks cruise? :confused3

Yes. The way to get a cake on a fireworks cruise is to order it from the resort where the cruise departs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter