Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the awesome cake done by Chef Darren at the Boardwalk Bakery. It was moist and delicious. Not too sweet. Trouble was this 21 year old had consumed several adult beverages and really wasn't able to take it all in.

406085853_photobucket_80750_.jpg

406085853_photobucket_80773_.jpg

I'm just curious, I've seen the chocolate slipper dessert (in the pictures posted) as coming either just on the plate itself, or on a "pillow" of cake. Which way is it typically served (at CRT)?

Here is the awesome cake done by Chef Darren at the Boardwalk Bakery. It was moist and delicious. Not too sweet. Trouble was this 21 year old had consumed several adult beverages and really wasn't able to take it all in.

Do you mind posting how much that cake was? I am looking to get one delivered to our villa at BW and I haven't seen a cake like that posted yet from the BW. It was a great cake hopefully the birthday girl got to enjoy it the next day

The cake looks awesome! So glad you were able to get everything straightened out... but what happened to Chef Andreas doing it?? :confused3 LOL Whatever - At least you got it done!

And at least your DD will be able to see the pictures, even if she couldn't fully appreciate the cake when it whas there!!!! :lmao:

I'm just curious, I've seen the chocolate slipper dessert (in the pictures posted) as coming either just on the plate itself, or on a "pillow" of cake. Which way is it typically served (at CRT)?

The Slipper on a pillow of cake is the one served at CRT!!!

I have ordered a 6 inch fondant cake for my DD's 19th birthday at O'Hana this Saturday. I am so looking forward to seeing what Pat has designed for me. I will post pics on our return.
Only question I have is if it is normal for my CC to have been charged already?

Any chance you have pics of that 6" cake you ordered? that you wouldn't mind uploading:)

I am hoping to order my mom a cake for our trip in November and was hoping to do a 6"......don't know if that will be too big? Can't think of the size in my head. Was going to get just the mini cake at Narccoossee's. But thinking the 6".

The cake looks awesome! So glad you were able to get everything straightened out... but what happened to Chef Andreas doing it?? :confused3 LOL Whatever - At least you got it done!

And at least your DD will be able to see the pictures, even if she couldn't fully appreciate the cake when it whas there!!!! :lmao:

Hi Sarah, I was very happy with the cake except for the flowers. I told them fantasy flowers which are more whimsical. The flowers they put on the cake were beautiful but not the right style. Anyway, there are worst things in the world to worry about :sad2:

The reason Chef Andres couldn't do it was because I would have had to pick the cake up from him and bring it with me to the party and that just wouldn't have worked. Due to Florida law, the only way to have a cake delivered is to order it from the bakery that supports that resort or restaurant. All in all it worked out great. They delivered the cake by the stage at the River Roost and they called my DD up and the entire place sang to her. It was awesome and I am so upset I didn't video it.

I know this is going to seem like an idiotic question and something that could easily be answered if I'd just read the flipping thread... but I don't know what it is about this thread, but I'm seriously lacking on the comprehension skills, so pardon me while I ask something that I should be able to understand all on my own:

Would I be able to get some kind of cake served at Tony's in MK for my dad's birthday??

:worship:

Thanks for this thread. I want to get one for my son's surprise B-Day trip in January. So many cakes to choose from. Guess I should get started with the process.

Im so excited :cool1: I just ordered a cake for my daughter for her surprise sweet sixteen trip. I asked for a tinkerbell cake I seen on here. :thumbsup2 (Thanks Guys).

Chef Brain is going to do it for us :woohoo:. We will be having the cake for breakfast at Cinderellas royal table on Aug 22. I cant wait if he gets it anywhere similar to the picture I gave him, it will be great. I cant wait.

Thank you guys for all of your information you given me.

I know this is going to seem like an idiotic question and something that could easily be answered if I'd just read the flipping thread... but I don't know what it is about this thread, but I'm seriously lacking on the comprehension skills, so pardon me while I ask something that I should be able to understand all on my own:

Would I be able to get some kind of cake served at Tony's in MK for my dad's birthday??

:worship:

Yes, but how to order it depends on whether you're OK with a standard supermarket-style cake or want something fancier. Complete info can be found HERE: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of recent Mickey Head cakes. The most recent one I could find via the links on Page 1 was from 2010. Just wondering if anything had changed since then...

Thanks!

Hi! We are staying at the YC in about 3 weeks & I am thinking about ordering a cake for delivery to our room. I could swear a few months ago I read that different cake flavors might be available, specifically red velvet. Now when I follow the link on page 1 & in lurky loo's posts, it only lists chocolate & yellow cakes. So has anyone been able to order a different flavor lately?

I don't want fondant; was hoping for a 6 or 8 inch red velvet with cream cheese or buttercream frosting decorated with frosting type flowers. Planning on calling in the next few days. What do you think my odds are to get red velvet? Thanks!

Ok, ladies, I think I've done my homework. But if you guys could just give me the thumbs up, I'd appreciate it :thumbsup2

We'll be eating lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe on my parents' 39th wedding anniversary. I'd like to order the mini wedding cake, without the fancy decorations, just piped with Mickey heads would be great! I call the Grand Floridian at 407-824-1951, a couple weeks before our lunch, and order "the mini wedding cake, white cake, chocolate buttercream, piped with Mickey heads."

Sound like a plan? Have I researched enough?! There's too much good info in this thread and I kept getting sidetracked looking at pics!

I ordered a special cake for our anniversary a couple of years ago and the contact person was Patricia Anderson. Does anyone know if she is still the "cake lady" I am wanting to order another cake and she was such great help last time.
Thanks,
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter