Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Moms Panel Cake I ordered from GF Private Dining. A few of the "Moms" and myself had Tea and this was my "Thank You" gift to them.

It's Red Velvet with Cream Cheese filling and pink fondant.

MPCakeatGF4.jpg

MPCakeatGF3.jpg

MPCakeatGF2.jpg

MPCakeatGF.jpg

It was very moist and sooooo delicious! :thumbsup2

Here are a few pictures of my cake that my sister surprised me with at Narcoossee's.

Red Velvet with cream cheese filling
$125

DSCN0722-1.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Yum!

IMG_2220.jpg

Does anyone know if you can get a special cake at the Rainforest Cafe? Dd wants to go there for her birthday 9

Wow — great cake! I love the braid around the top and bottom. So clever! It's good to see that BoardWalk Bakery can do fancy and fanciful cakes just like GF, CR, etc.

I wanted the hint (so to speak) of Rapunzel verses her actually being on the cake. (You can tell who MY favorite character is...besides, DD was dressed as Rapunzel after a BBB trip, so Rapunzel was covered.)

I was very satisfied with the cake (and we've ALMOST finished it....)

Bday cake for DH Dec 2010 at Cali Grill

8" cake white with lemon filling
Haunted mansion theme
asked for versions of some of the headstones found at the entrance to ride.
So good! 5 of us had it first night, and then ate on it back in out villa for the rest of the week!
$85
DisneytripDec2010080.jpg

Sorry didn't take a pic after it was cut

I'm ordering a cake to be delivered to crt. If there is cake left, will they box it up? Will they deliver it back to the room.... I don't feel like carrying a cake at the parks.. :confused3

Does anyone know if you can get a special cake at the Rainforest Cafe? Dd wants to go there for her birthday 9

Rainforest is not a disney restaurant so they couldn't do anything Disney for you if they could do fancy cakes. I don't believe they do custom cakes though.:confused3

Just ordered my dd's birthday cake for our trip from chef brian. Its going to be a chocolate cake with white chocolate filling with butter cream on top, with pirate/princess decor! Cannot wait to see it. Will post pics when we get back! :banana:

Bday cake for DH Dec 2010 at Cali Grill

8" cake white with lemon filling
Haunted mansion theme
asked for versions of some of the headstones found at the entrance to ride.
So good! 5 of us had it first night, and then ate on it back in out villa for the rest of the week!
$85
DisneytripDec2010080.jpg

Sorry didn't take a pic after it was cut

LOVE THIS CAKE!!!!
:woohoo: :yay: :cloud9: party: :jumping1: :hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost:

Can we still reach Brian by PMing him through disboards? How long does it typically take for him to get back to someone? I'm planning on contacting him the first week of November (we are going the last week of November).:yay:

I'm ordering a cake to be delivered to crt. If there is cake left, will they box it up? Will they deliver it back to the room.... I don't feel like carrying a cake at the parks.. :confused3

They will box it up but they won't deliver it anywhere for you. I guess you could put it in a locker...

Can we still reach Brian by PMing him through disboards? How long does it typically take for him to get back to someone? I'm planning on contacting him the first week of November (we are going the last week of November).:yay:

The best way to reach him is to email wdpr-contemporary.bakery.cake.order@disney.com

I am looking to get a cake for August 19th. When should I call? I am just so excited to order it but I don't want to call too early.

Thank you so much!!! We are going at the end of November - if I contacted him the first week of November would that give him enough time?:cool1:

This may be a stupid question, but does Brian work at The Contemporary hotel? We will be staying there in Sept and I would like a cake delivered to our room for our anniversary. Is emailing him my best bet?

TIA

Yes, Brian works at the Contemporary:goodvibes If you look a couple of posts back Lurkyloo gave me an e-mail address which seems to be the best way to contact him:)

I emailed Brian last night and already got a reply with a quote for a birthday cake for DBF for a July 24th reservation at CG. I can't wait to see it!! It will be Herbie the Love Bug themed. A big thank you to everyone who has posted, it helped make this process so easy.

How realistic could a single long-stem rose be made out of edible materials (gum paste, sugar, modeling chocolate, etc.)? Can't be the traditional cake rose. Nope. Only long-stem. Just in case an edible long-stem rose isn't an option, does anyone know if it'd be possible to have a fresh one laid across the top? The rose element would be key. If I can't do a rose then that changes the whoooole design direction altogether. :thumbsup2

I don't think this would be very difficult. From the cakes I've seen, they clearly have some people on site that can do sugar flowers (made out of gumpaste). Most sugar flowers are made around a wire, so the wire could be used to form the flower stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter