Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Yacht & Beach today and was told they will not do a custom decorated cake under 10". Here we go again........

Yes, I just spoke with Yvette yesterday and confirmed—twice—that they will do 6-inch and 8-inch customized fondant cakes now that they "have the equipment" (like, pans? :teeth:)...

PLEASE, forgive me if this has been answered before. We are staying at the contemporary in Sept and we will be there for our 13th anniversary. Can I have a cake (a nicer one), delivered to our room and if so, where do I call?

Thank you in advance.

Michele

PLEASE, forgive me if this has been answered before. We are staying at the contemporary in Sept and we will be there for our 13th anniversary. Can I have a cake (a nicer one), delivered to our room and if so, where do I call?

Thank you in advance.

Michele

Call the Cake Hot Line 407-827-2253 and follow the prompts until you get to the Contemporary resort. Congrats! I've seen some really great cakes come out of the Contemporary.

This is funny—I just replied to your thread on the weddings board about this very topic! :rotfl:

To have a cake delivered to Top of the World Lounge you need to call Private Dining at the Contemporary (407-824-2955) and tell them you want to get ahold of the pastry chef to arrange a fancy cake. They will give you his email address, and you can work with him on the design and price. When it's all set, he will have you call Private Dining again to officially place the order.

You don't need to call more than 2 weeks out.

Do you happen to know if they will deliver to the other lounges at the Contemporary? I'm in love with a cake from the Contemporary, but we have reservations at O'hana's our first night. I'm thinking after dinner heading over for a drink and a surprise cake...if it will work.

Do you happen to know if they will deliver to the other lounges at the Contemporary? I'm in love with a cake from the Contemporary, but we have reservations at O'hana's our first night. I'm thinking after dinner heading over for a drink and a surprise cake...if it will work.

They can deliver anywhere within the Contemporary resort. :thumbsup2

Do You know how much the 6 inch cakes will cost?

It depends on the design of the cake—only the pastry chef can determine the price, which is based on how much work is involved. However, you can figure on at least $75 for a fancy, fondant-covered 6-inch cake. You might be able to get the price down if you do buttercream only, no fondant.

That is an awesome cake and those animals (at least two of them) are what I was told would be on my cake, not the stand-up that I got. :sad2: Good to see a good cake come out of AKL.

This is so cool, I want to order the same thing to be delivered to our room for DD 21st Birthday, we are staying at the AKL, How would i show them a pick, dont' care for the deer on top, rather the monkey be up there, and maybe a giraffe on the side, Help

Talked to Brian today at Contemporary!!

I'm having THIS altered:

but with red and yellow instead... and for my soon to be 5 year old son. It will be delivered to us on July 20 for dinner @ Crystal Palace.

My husband doesn't even know i'm doing this!!!

Hi wdwdancerwannabe,

I was wondering if this was your cake or where you found it. DH can't see the detail to determine if this would be good for DD's b-day, and I was hoping you can post a bigger pic or refer me to where you found it. Any help would be appreciated! :goodvibes

Thanks!

I know I read somewhere that you can't put in orders more than 2 weeks before you need the cake. Is this still the case? And if so...does this 2 week window also include time to discuss plans and fax over sketches? Or should I/can I allow for more time if more elaborate designs are involved.

We're staying at the Contemporary and having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I'm assuming it won't be a problem to have the bakery at the resort deliver a cake during our breakfast. I'm sure plenty of people have cake for breakfast. :lmao:

I make my own fancy cakes as a hobby, but transporting one to WDW for DD4s bday is beyond impractical- so while I'll be making one for her here- I will be ordering something at WDW so she has a cake on her actual bday. My cakes are rarely simple, and the same holds true for the sketch I've drawn up for her WDW cake. I know they make cakes all the time, so 2 weeks should be plenty of time for prep, I just want to make sure about the planning window.

I know I read somewhere that you can't put in orders more than 2 weeks before you need the cake. Is this still the case? And if so...does this 2 week window also include time to discuss plans and fax over sketches? Or should I/can I allow for more time if more elaborate designs are involved.

We're staying at the Contemporary and having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I'm assuming it won't be a problem to have the bakery at the resort deliver a cake during our breakfast. I'm sure plenty of people have cake for breakfast. :lmao:

I make my own fancy cakes as a hobby, but transporting one to WDW for DD4s bday is beyond impractical- so while I'll be making one for her here- I will be ordering something at WDW so she has a cake on her actual bday. My cakes are rarely simple, and the same holds true for the sketch I've drawn up for her WDW cake. I know they make cakes all the time, so 2 weeks should be plenty of time for prep, I just want to make sure about the planning window.

I ordered mine a few month's ago and my trip isn't until July.

Who does the cakes for Saratoga Springs? We are staying at BW for 2 nights in Dec and SSR THV for 7 and I was wanting to get a cake delivered. Just wondering which place would have better options. Does BW bakery do fondant?

Thanks so much

Hi wdwdancerwannabe,

I was wondering if this was your cake or where you found it. DH can't see the detail to determine if this would be good for DD's b-day, and I was hoping you can post a bigger pic or refer me to where you found it. Any help would be appreciated! :goodvibes

Thanks!

If you go back a few pages you can find my red and black take on this cake we had for our anniversary.

I want to order 2 Slipper desserts for Twin Grandaughters 16th this August !When should I call and who !!We will be eating at CRT!!

Bo Peep -
I believe i found it in the cake gallery thread -- it was the "last" page a couple days ago... but may have a few more posts on it since then
-- go to the very end of the thread and work your way backwards....

or -- does think link work directly to my photobucket??
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/wdwdancerwannabe/?action=view&current=cakeforCayden.jpg

pretty big pic there...

the moment i saw this cake - i knew it was the one for us --- there was no decision or choice to make.

Does anyone know if Cake Man Bri is still making/delivering cakes?? I've seen a lot of references to his (her??) cakes, even pictures, but no links to how to order one.

Any ideas??

Does anyone know if Cake Man Bri is still making/delivering cakes?? I've seen a lot of references to his (her??) cakes, even pictures, but no links to how to order one.

Any ideas??

You have to call the cake hotline and follow the prompts for the contemporary

Two weeks is a rule of thumb, not a rule. However, they work on really short lead times, so if you call too far ahead of time there's a chance your order will get lost in the shuffle or, at the very least, you won't hear back from them until closer to your event anyway.

Who does the cakes for Saratoga Springs? We are staying at BW for 2 nights in Dec and SSR THV for 7 and I was wanting to get a cake delivered. Just wondering which place would have better options. Does BW bakery do fondant?

Thanks so much

BoardWalk Bakery makes the cakes for Saratoga Springs, and they can do fondant. All these answers—and more!—can also be found in this comprehensive FAQ thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p= 40915586#post :thumbsup2

I want to order 2 Slipper desserts for Twin Grandaughters 16th this August !When should I call and who !!We will be eating at CRT!!

Call the Cake Hotline listed in the first post of this thread about 2 weeks out.

We will be dining at CRT for breakfast on our 10 Year Anniversary :lovestruc

We will be with our two small boys.

Do we get a Mini Castle or Mini Wedding cake?

The castle is so cute but I don't know if we would eat the castle and I don't think we can choose a filling...Am I mistaken?

We love the combination of chocolate cake and thw hite chocolate mousse filling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter