Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread here. I ordered a cinderella castle cake from the GF yesterday. Our trip is in 4 days. Ordered vanilla cake with strawberry filling. They said they will cover the cake in either pink fondant or just pink buttercream. They are going to place the white chocolate cinderella castle on top.

Looking forward to this cake! Should I call the GF the night before our ressie or the day of to check up on my cake or should I just sit back and be confident?

Any idea if they do cupcakes? Something red velvet w/the cream cheese frosting would be great!

Does anyone know if it is possible to order an eggless cake? DH is allergic to eggs.

I am not certain, but I would assume so. WDW is excellent with food allergies. You should call/email whomever will be doing the cake (where ever you want it at). They would know for sure, but I think it would be fine.

The Cinderella slipper is too big for the mini castle cake. Also, the mini castle cake is not customizable at all - you just have the three flavor combo choices (choc/choc, vanilla/vanilla, cheesecake). Now if you were willing to spring for a 6-inch cake, they might be able to tint it pink for you (they tint the red velvet after all!). I have never heard of strawberry-flavored cake, but that doesn't mean they can't do it. One thing they can't do, however, is put any kind of topper or figurine you provide on the cake - you would have to do that yourself once it arrived.

They will tint the icing on the mini castle cake. But you are right... they won't change the flavors. Here is a pic of our pink mini castle cake.
Cake.jpg

I know that a lot of photos on the boards of the slipper dessert are setting ontop of what looks like a flat piece of cake and also has a pile of strawberries/blueberries on the plate. Is this not the case anymore? From what I read in the description somewhere it doesn't sound like this is how it is done anymore.

Also to get the snack credit mini mickey head cakes is BW the only place at disney that has these and do they need to be special ordered beforehand?

Also how bad are the food court celebration cakes- compared to say walmart or costco bakery cakes?

Thanks,
Jennifer

I know that a lot of photos on the boards of the slipper dessert are setting ontop of what looks like a flat piece of cake and also has a pile of strawberries/blueberries on the plate. Is this not the case anymore? From what I read in the description somewhere it doesn't sound like this is how it is done anymore.

That presentation is exclusive to Cinderella's Royal Table, where it is still being done. Elsewhere you just get the slipper on a plate with maybe a little raspberry coulis in a swirl and sometimes a chocolate "boat" with chocolate mousse in it.

Also to get the snack credit mini mickey head cakes is BW the only place at disney that has these and do they need to be special ordered beforehand?

BW is the only place I've seen them. They are usually available in the case, but you might want to special-order them if you're afraid they'll sell out.

Also how bad are the food court celebration cakes- compared to say walmart or costco bakery cakes?

To me they taste exactly like supermarket bakery cakes, so bad or good depends on whether you like those! :rotfl:

Thanks for the info. Are the slippers at CRT done by the CR? If so do you think it is possible to order it and have it delivered to room at CR? Thanks.

-Jennifer

we will be at CRT on Monday, do you think it is too late to get one of these cakes? also, do you know if they can do one for lactose intolerant folks?

Thanks for the info. Are the slippers at CRT done by the CR? If so do you think it is possible to order it and have it delivered to room at CR? Thanks.

-Jennifer

Unfortunately, no—it's a separate facility. However, you might talk to the pastry chef at CR (through Private Dining) and see if they couldn't put a slipper on some cake for you like they do at CRT. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility! :)

we will be at CRT on Monday, do you think it is too late to get one of these cakes? also, do you know if they can do one for lactose intolerant folks?

Supposedly they just need 72 hours' notice, so call the Cake Hotline or CRT's special events line (407-824-4477) first thing tomorrow morning and see if they can hook you up. Also, they'll be the ones to tell you what your options are for a lactose-free dessert.

chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling covered with chocolate ganache topped with white chocolate Belle. It was delivered to our room at the Grand Floridian in Sept. 2010 I think it was around $80 plus tax, in room dining surcharge and gratuity.
public%20photos
[/URL][/IMG]

101_0058.jpg
[/IMG]

Vanilla cake with bavarian cream filling and strawberries covered in buttercream icing and topped with fondant. It was delivered to Narcoosees July 2010. It was delicious!

1430619618025.jpg
[/IMG]

This was the cake I ordered for my son's first birthday on Nov. 29th. It was marble cake with strawberries and cream filling with a Pluto topper. It was $100 and we had it at Chef Mickey's.

plutocake1.jpg

This was the cake I ordered for my son's first birthday on Nov. 29th. It was marble cake with strawberries and cream filling with a Pluto topper. It was $100 and we had it at Chef Mickey's.

plutocake1.jpg

That is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

That is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! We were really happy with the whole thing--taste, look, etc.... The people at the table next to us were floored by how cute it was in person and even took a picture of it. The most important thing though is how much my baby boy loved it, see?

IMG_9651a.jpg

Marianne

Thanks! We were really happy with the whole thing--taste, look, etc.... The people at the table next to us were floored by how cute it was in person and even took a picture of it. The most important thing though is how much my baby boy loved it, see?

IMG_9651a.jpg

Marianne

Indeed,that is most important, and he sure looks like he loved it!!! That is wonderful :)!

I need a little last minute help. I ordered a cake from the GF, and I'm not thrilled about what to write on the banner. It's my 30th birthday, but it's also a celebration of our new son, and our 5th anniversary of being together. Thoughts? I was thinking "So much to Celebrate.." but I dunno.
Can anyone think of something cute?

I am assuming that a special order cake can be delieverd to WL at Whispering Canyon, since it is a deluxe resort. (yes?)

Would I call the main cake line or do I need to call the resort bakery? So confused on this. I try and follow this thread to learn, but I will admit, these cakes are so over my head! LOL

Trying to suprise DH with something small for our 9th wedding anniversary the end of Jan '11.

Also how close to arriving do I order this? The dinner is our first night there.

Thanks for your help. :)

I am assuming that a special order cake can be delieverd to WL at Whispering Canyon, since it is a deluxe resort. (yes?)

Yes!

I call the main cake line or do I need to call the resort bakery? So confused on this. I try and follow this thread to learn, but I will admit, these cakes are so over my head! LOL

You can call the Cake Hotline—unless you want a fancy, fondant-covered cake, in which case your best bet is to call Private Dining at the Contemporary and talk to them about delivering a custom cakes.

Also how close to arriving do I order this? The dinner is our first night there.

No later than 72 hours — and I'd say no sooner than 2 weeks, but you might want to build in an extra week if you want to go the fancy-cake route, since you may get a bit of runaround as you try to order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter