Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my cake from the Yachtsman finally. Chocolate, with white choc. mousse filling, and choc buttercream frosting. $175 before my TIW discount. It was HUGE, but so good!!! And it was sooooooooooooo heavy! Mickey made it home on the plane ride and is in my fridge, with a couple of the flowers...

cake9.jpg

cake_2.jpg

cake_3.jpg

Such beautiful cakes!!!

I thought about doing a cake for our trip in December. It falls over the week of Hanukkah and we are there to celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas (interfaith family)...has anyone done anything for Hanukkah? Maybe Mickey holding a star of david and minne holding a tree :rotfl2:

Just trying to figure this all out :rolleyes1 ...

If I wanted a "normal" birthday cake at a TS restaurant in one of the parks, my options would be:

-- ordering at podium, 6-inch $21, nothing written
-- ordering ahead of time on cake hotline, 6-inch $21 (exactly as above ?!)
-- ordering ahead of time on cake hotline, 8-inch $32 and this would have their names written on in icing, OR edible image at some locations
-- standard Mickey Head, $48

Is that right?!

Yes!

Are some parks/restaurants better than others at the standard cakes?

In my experience with "podium" cakes, Tony's at the Magic Kingdom gave us a buttercream-frosted cake like you would get at a supermarket and similar to the one pictured below, while Coral Reef at Epcot gave us a something that looked like it had been made in an Easy-Bake Oven and was covered in whipped cream instead of buttercream. It is my understanding that most podium cakes are like the one we got at the Magic Kingdom.

So it's a no go on getting a cake delivered to Pop Century? (Short trip - don't want to waste time at a rest. eating while parks are open.)

Would it be too risky to order a cake and wait until just before park closing to pick it up?

Pop Century sells mini cakes at the food court for $21. You can get chocolate/chocolate or vanilla/vanilla.

IMG_1539.jpg

Here is my cake from the Yachtsman finally. Chocolate, with white choc. mousse filling, and choc buttercream frosting. $175 before my TIW discount. It was HUGE, but so good!!! And it was sooooooooooooo heavy! Mickey made it home on the plane ride and is in my fridge, with a couple of the flowers...

cake9.jpg

Beautiful cake!!

Ok (soo much info. - it's overwhelming to take it all in)

So I'm just out of luck.

Boardwalk Bakery is a short walk through the back of Epcot's World Showcase. Maybe you could pick one up there? (I recommend placing an order ahead of time ... the already-made cake we got out of the case was not fresh)

It's kind of a crapshoot no matter where you go. People have loved and hated cakes at all of the best places to get fancy cakes—Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Yacht & Beach Club. There are more reports about GF and Contemporary here than Y&BC, and generally people like them. However, at "only" $66, your Captain Hook cake may not be the Cake Boss-worthy extravaganza that some of the GF's $100+ cakes are—just to warn you... The Mickey Head cakes are pretty standard everywhere, though.

Hmmm true. I will call Pat tomorrow and talk with her some more. If I can get more detailing for some more $$ I will definitely do it! I want the cake to look marvelous, not just eh ok.

What a beautiful cake. Is it the MH cake? I was looking at something similar for my 25th anniversary.

What a beautiful cake. Is it the MH cake? I was looking at something similar for my 25th anniversary.

If you are talking about my cake, I don't believe it would be considered a Mad Hatter, I believe those usually have the uneven top.

Hi

We will be in Disney for our son's 11th birthday in November. He is into all sports but primarily soccer and basketball. Any ideas for a great cake I can order for him? He also loves roller coasters. Our last night in Disney is his actual birthday and we have ADRs for California Grill that night. We are a group of 10. Thanks for any suggestions. :thumbsup2

Any ideas on a birthday cake for my DH at the Sci-Fi?

Last time, I ordered a cake for him at CSR to be delivered to the room. I had to call them when we got to the room that night, they had forgotten. I would love to have a car theme for him! TIA!

Im sure if you called the cake hotline 1-407-824-2253 they could help you some with ideas they will deliver the cake to your table :)

I suggest sports Goofy style ;) Im sure they have something with Goofy since he is the major sports guy on property LOL

Any ideas on a birthday cake for my DH at the Sci-Fi?

Last time, I ordered a cake for him at CSR to be delivered to the room. I had to call them when we got to the room that night, they had forgotten. I would love to have a car theme for him! TIA!

I think you're stuck with a podium cake at Sci-Fi.

I haven't been over to this thread in a while, but after seeing Brian's beautiful creations I just have to have one for our 3 yr anniversary/engagement celebration dinner at California Grill in February! So my questions

1. If we need it for the beginning of February, when should I reach out about ordering the cake?
2. Do I call CR private dining directly to get in touch with Brian (ie be given his email) or can I just have someone on here PM me his email and get started on my own?

TIA!

Has anyone had a cake made by GF or any other resort? I spoke to Pat at GF and she said club penguin cakes have become very popular recently. If anyone can post a picture of one, I would really appreciate it! :worship:

Here are pics of my DD's 5th birthday cake. After many, many, many, phone calls asking (begging) for this Tiana cake to be done, this was the end result...and I was beyond thrilled! It was made by Boardwalk Bakery in February of this year and was delivered to CRT. The cake was chocolate with peanut butter cream filling. My DD had a BBB appointment and wanted the Tiana dress, so this all worked out perfectly!
289.jpg

296.jpg

294.jpg

293.jpg

297.jpg

jzzikamarie: your cake is awesome! And you got it delivered to CRT - fantastic.

We are ordering a cake for DS's 4th birthday (November 2). We are heading to WDW on October 22, and I would really like to have the cake arranged before we go. We will need a monorail cake at Chef Mickey's. I wonder if 2 weeks beforehand will be too early to order it?

Okay, I just decided to get my DD a custom cake for her birthday and I'm already frustrated! :sick: We're staying at the AKL and I wanted to order a custom cake that was savannah themed...chocolate frosting with the peanut butter cup mousse filling, and some trees and a few fondant figures with zebras, giraffes, etc roaming on the cake. I called private dining, and they offered me the zebra cake or mickey mouse head cake. Then I called the cake hotline, listened to the prompts for AKL, and called them. They said the cannot do any fondant figurines or cake toppers and to try the Grand Floridian. I recalled the cake hotline and got the GF. They will do my cake, but I have to eat at one of their restaurants (We're not planning on eating at the GF, and takes away from the whole savannah theme if we're not at our actual resort). Does anyone have any ideas for how to get my savannah themed cake with the fondant figures to the AKL? Who do I call? :confused3 TIA if you can help.

Okay, I just decided to get my DD a custom cake for her birthday and I'm already frustrated! :sick: We're staying at the AKL and I wanted to order a custom cake that was savannah themed...chocolate frosting with the peanut butter cup mousse filling, and some trees and a few fondant figures with zebras, giraffes, etc roaming on the cake. I called private dining, and they offered me the zebra cake or mickey mouse head cake. Then I called the cake hotline, listened to the prompts for AKL, and called them. They said the cannot do any fondant figurines or cake toppers and to try the Grand Floridian. I recalled the cake hotline and got the GF. They will do my cake, but I have to eat at one of their restaurants (We're not planning on eating at the GF, and takes away from the whole savannah theme if we're not at our actual resort). Does anyone have any ideas for how to get my savannah themed cake with the fondant figures to the AKL? Who do I call? :confused3 TIA if you can help.

Yea you cannot order one from GF and pick it up, you have to eat there. But... the Boardwalk Bakery will probably do one for you. Call over there but you will have to pick it up. :thumbsup2

Yea you cannot order one from GF and pick it up, you have to eat there. But... the Boardwalk Bakery will probably do one for you. Call over there but you will have to pick it up. :thumbsup2

that's an idea, but we are usually not in the area of the Boardwalk, and it would be a long trek back on a bus to the AKL :( I know on page one of this thread there's a beautiful cake with some jungle animals on top of a zebra mad hatter hat. The poster said she had this delivered to Sanaa...but it was lurkyloo that posted the pic and I can't get the original poster's info to send a pm...I think her name is kimber. :confused3 If you posted this pic of the jungle animal mad hatter cake, can you tell me how and where you got this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter