Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can order the chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to your room at the Poly? I've seen pictures and people mention getting them delivered to their room at the CR and GF but no mention of having speciality items sent to the Poly (do they not have in-room or private dining?)....

Sorry not sure if this is the right thread to post this on...

Does anyone know if you can order the chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to your room at the Poly? I've seen pictures and people mention getting them delivered to their room at the CR and GF but no mention of having speciality items sent to the Poly (do they not have in-room or private dining?)....

Sorry not sure if this is the right thread to post this on...

All of the Deluxe resorts have private dining. But you have to call that department at each resort to find out what they offer because each resort is different, and the selection changes all the time.

Maybe you can report back about what you learn! :thumbsup2

Carrie or anyone else, maybe you can answer this.

Where can I get the mickey head cake? We are going in Sept. for DD's bday, and I am not spending a fortune for a cake. We are staying at pop and have ADR's for Ohana's, Akershus, and 50's PTC. Can we get it at one of those places? Or can I just go get one from the boardwalk?

Cakes=confusing. :confused3

You should be able to get the Mickey head cake at any Deluxe resort restaurant, so I'd call the cake hotline (see first post) and follow the prompts for Ohana. The park restaurants have a more limited selection of cakes.

Good luck! :goodvibes

guarn3md, the cake looks yummy, esp. the extra strawberries. Thanks for sharing! Congrats to your son and his friends, as well! :thumbsup2

Can you have a cake delivered to Port Orleans French Quarter?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

I am curious about this also. We are celebrating a birthday while there and would really like to do this. I want it to be a really good, well decorated cake too.

I get my cake tomorrow!!!!!!!! (well, my parents get it!) Can't wait to see it!! Will post pictures tomorrow! They're delivering it at 12 to our BLT room!!!!!

Got our cake today!
Place: Delivered to our room at Bay Lake Tower
Flavor: Chocolate with white buttercream
Price: $45

Got everything I asked for. "Happy 20th Anniversary Neil and Bonnie" in cursive, mickeys piped on in mickey colors.
It was in our room when we came back. They also provided a cake server, plates, napkins, forks, a match, and a candle.
Some of the Mickey piping had dripped a little by the time we got to the room at 1:45 (it was delivered at 12)
My parents loved it. Tastes great, very fresh. Nice treat. Will I do it again? Probably, for a special occasion like this.

Thanks Brian.

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

Does any one know if we can order a regular birthday cake at the podium at Ohana's when we are there. We will be there on 8/5/10 to celebrate daughters 8th birthday and wouls like to order a chocolate cake for our meal there.:confused3

Thanks for any inf.

From the Disney website:

Specialty celebration cakes are available for an additional charge and should be ordered 48 hours in advance by calling (407) 827-2253.

But...there is a LOT of food served here, and the bread pudding included with the meal is delicious. It might just be my favorite dessert at WDW! I'm afraid that a birthday cake (which would be rather expensive, I would guess) might get overlooked. I would take DD to the Main Street Bakery at MK or Starring Rolls in DHS and get a special birthday treat earlier in the day.

I hope your DD enjoys her birthday!

We had our "just because" cake tonight while at Park Fare. Pat and her team did an exceptional job!!!! We requested a Mad Hatter cake in fun, kid friendly colours and lots of Mickeys. It was yellow with orange diamond shapes and mickeys everywhere...a Mickey topper and all different colours and sizes of Mickeys around the cake and on the plate. It was huge: 7 layers of marble cake with chocolate mousse and vanilla buttercream. We each had a slice at the table and will be snacking on it til we head home. Very fresh and moist. I hope to figure out how to post pictures when we get back home. Kudos to Disney on an awesome cake!

Here is a pic of the cake from my blackberry. Sorry that the picture quality is not great. The orange diamonds look more coral/pink in the picture than they really were and the yellow in the base fondant looks more white than it really was. I'll post more when I have I upload them from our camera.

cake.jpg

does anyone know chef's brians email so i can ask him a question about a cake i want

From what I have read I think you are supposed to call the Contemporary Resort and get it :thumbsup2. I don't think he would want people sharing his email on a discussion board.

We did it last year for my son's birthday. Just call the cake hotline.

Here is the Mary Poppins themed birthday cake I got for DD's 21st birthday!
Where: 1900 Park Fair
When: June 2010 (for Breakfast!)
Size: 8 inch (the perfect size)
Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
Covered in Fondant
Designed to resembled Mary Poppins Carousel Dress complete with corsert, ribbons, flowing petticoat, and her lavender carousel pony.
Cost: $64 w/ TIW
All decorations made it home safely on the plane in DD's camera bag!

I have ordered at least five custom cakes in the past, but this one was the best tasting one I have ever gotten from the GF, BY FAR! It was moist, fresh and delicious! It turned out better than I could have imagined, and DD was thrilled! She said it was the best breakfast of her entire life!

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here is the Mary Poppins themed birthday cake I got for DD's 21st birthday!
Where: 1900 Park Fair
When: June 2010 (for Breakfast!)
Size: 8 inch (the perfect size)
Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
Covered in Fondant
Designed to resembled Mary Poppins Carousel Dress complete with corsert, ribbons, flowing petticoat, and her lavender carousel pony.
Cost: $64 w/ TIW
All decorations made it home safely on the plane in DD's camera bag!

I have ordered at least five custom cakes in the past, but this one was the best tasting one I have ever gotten from the GF, BY FAR! It was moist, fresh and delicious! It turned out better than I could have imagined, and DD was thrilled! She said it was the best breakfast of her entire life!

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Love the cake, but even more so, I LOVE your tank! Can you tell me how you made it or where you got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter