• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our "just because" cake tonight while at Park Fare. Pat and her team did an exceptional job!!!! We requested a Mad Hatter cake in fun, kid friendly colours and lots of Mickeys. It was yellow with orange diamond shapes and mickeys everywhere...a Mickey topper and all different colours and sizes of Mickeys around the cake and on the plate. It was huge: 7 layers of marble cake with chocolate mousse and vanilla buttercream. We each had a slice at the table and will be snacking on it til we head home. Very fresh and moist. I hope to figure out how to post pictures when we get back home. Kudos to Disney on an awesome cake!

How much was it? Was there fondant on it? Thx

Hello! I am new to the cakes (as I have never had anything to celebrate while in Disney...besides just being there!)
But this September I am going for a week and my sister is going to meet me for a weekend to celebrate her birthday. Her official bday treat is the Hoop de Doo, is this some place that I can order a cake? And if not, can I order something for 'Ohana breakfast? Like one of those slippers?

TIA!!!

Not sure about the Hoop de Doo question, but you can't get the slipper at Polynesian.

Can you get a slipper dessert ordered for the Garden View Tea Room. I have an adr there for just my dd and myself and would like to order the slipper dessert for her to have there as a special treat since her db is getting to take a friend on the trip

Being following this thread for a long time, we are going in sept for 10 days and celebrating 3 birthdays. was wondering if there is a list of restaurants where we can get the cakes delivered too. or can you order custom cakes from GF or CR and have it delivered anywhere?

How pathetic is this? I had a nightmare last night, that we were in WDW and it was the night before our anniversary, we finished dinner and they gave us a crappy cupcake. Then I remembered I forgot to order a cake for our anniversary dinner at the Yachtsman! I was freaked and trying to find the private dining number for YC/BC and call them on my cell phone and beg for a cake, without my husband hearing me!!!! OMG, I cannot believe I've been reduced to cake nightmares. I sure was glad to wake up and realize I still have almost 2 months to go.

Can you get a slipper dessert ordered for the Garden View Tea Room. I have an adr there for just my dd and myself and would like to order the slipper dessert for her to have there as a special treat since her db is getting to take a friend on the trip

Yes, you can.

How pathetic is this? I had a nightmare last night, that we were in WDW and it was the night before our anniversary, we finished dinner and they gave us a crappy cupcake. Then I remembered I forgot to order a cake for our anniversary dinner at the Yachtsman! I was freaked and trying to find the private dining number for YC/BC and call them on my cell phone and beg for a cake, without my husband hearing me!!!! OMG, I cannot believe I've been reduced to cake nightmares. I sure was glad to wake up and realize I still have almost 2 months to go.

How funny!! Good thing it wasn't real life!

I read this and didn't know u meant an actual nightmare :lmao: glad u woke up!

Hi All! Have any of you been at PoP recently and noticed if they still have the 6 inch Celebration cakes avail. for purchase? I want to get one for an in-room birthday party but I want to make sure they are still avail. Thanks in advance for the info!:goodvibes

How are the Yacht Club's cakes? I booked an Illuminations cruise for DH's bday on 9/30, and Poly IPO is going to order a Mickey Head cake from the Yacht Club for the cruise. Has anyone had any issues with their cakes? The Mickey Head cakes look so yummy!

Be careful - we ordered a specialty birthday cake for our Illuminations cruise last summer and right before the cruise they came out and told us that it was too humid and that the cake would melt if we took it out on the cruise.

Luckily we were staying at BC so they just delivered the cake to our room instead.

Ok we have ordered our second custom cake :) Our first time was the Dinosaur Cake that is listed in pictures.

We leave in 3 days and have ordered the cake from Brian for my other son's 9th bday (July 13th at Chef Mickey's). He wanted a test track cake. My hubby and I came up with a design and e-mailed Brian the pictures. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Was quoted $200 for the cake. Will post pictures when we get back from the trip.

Well, after numerous calls to Publix about a birthday cake for myself, I'm going with the Boardwalk Bakery. Whenever I call a Publix that I think will be close to OKW, they have no idea if they are actually the Publix close to DDD. Anyway, I figure I'll spend more in long distance trying to make sure that I'm ordering my cake from the right place that I'll just get it from BWB and pay the extra money. At least I know where I'll be picking up the cake. I'm going for a Donald Duck theme now since they will customize. Any tips before I make my first call. I want something nice, but don't want to break the bank for my in room celebration.

YEA!!!! just got through ordering my Ds's bday cake. He wanted Figment on it and he wanted to eat at chef Mickey's for his bday meal. I went through several emails with Brian today cause i sent pics of the figment cakes here but took a couple of times for him to be able to see them. All i asked was to be more boyish (no pink), fondant, and do what you want. Was quoted $125. i so can't wait to see what he does. Getting excited as we leave in 2 weeks.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

OH, i also just got back from a girls weekend trip where i got my BFF a mini castle cake at our tea we had. Thought i would share it with yall. It was a great cake. it wasn't excatly what i ordered but it was her favorite so it all worked out. Here are a couple of pics. It was $30. perfect for our needs.

IMG_1464.jpg

closer up of the castle.
IMG_1466.jpg

Tinks "SS";37306883 said:
OH, i also just got back from a girls weekend trip where i got my BFF a mini castle cake at our tea we had. Thought i would share it with yall. It was a great cake. it wasn't excatly what i ordered but it was her favorite so it all worked out. Here are a couple of pics. It was $30. perfect for our needs.

What flavor was it? Glad your friend liked it.

Speaking of, omghidanielle, did you come up with an idea for this years cake? :cake:

I gave Cakemanbri a challenge for this Saturday!;)
And it's a dooozy! Don't know if he can do it! We'll see!
Will post it when we return on the 24th. :thumbsup2

I really do hope he is up to this challenge. :goodvibes

NO! I'm really having a hard time with this one.
I keep going back and forth between a few ideas, but I'm torn
I need to see more cakes to inspire me!

What is your challenge?! I want to know!!!

Just returned from our WDW trip and wanted to post the pictures of the cake we got from Wolfgang Pucks. Before arriving at WDW we were in Ft. Lauderdale at the AAU Taekwondo Nationals. My son (8) had qualified to compete in Forms and Point Sparring. I wanted to order a cake to celebrate this achievement...little did I know he would do so well! He ended up finishing in 2nd place in Forms and tied his friend for 3rd place in Point Sparring. Another family from the team came with us to WDW after the tournament and had dinner with us at Wolfgang Pucks. I had ordered the cake about two weeks in advance. I had requested Marble cake with pastry cream filling and chocolate frosting. I was quoted $35 for the cost of this 8" cake. I also asked them to inscribe it with his name (Connor) and "Way to go Karate Kid!"

Here are the pictures...

DSC06556.jpg

DSC06555.jpg

DSC06554.jpg

DSC06557.jpg

I did not ask for the chocolate covered strawberries - they were a very welcomed surprise! The cake was very good! Everyone enjoyed it and there was plenty left over. The server did a nice job of waiting for all of us to finish dinner and then clearing out our plates and then presenting the cake to my son. The cake was three layers with the pastry cream between - very yummy - think light doughnut cream filling. The chocolate icing was a deep chocolate taste. My husband and son enjoyed the taste - I am not a chocolate fan. The cake and filling were awesome to me. We took the leftover back to our hotel and enjoyed it for a few days after.
Anyone thinking of ordering a cake from Wolfgang Pucks - I would recommend them. They don't do fancy cakes but that wasn't what I was after. They were very up front about what they can do with their cakes. The strawberries on top were a really nice touch!
Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter