Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm trying to find the number or email for Brian at the Contemporary to order a fancy cake for my birthday:cake: that we're celebrating at the Cali Grill in October. I've seen so many different numbers and emails i'm getting confused. Thank you for your help

Hi, I've never ordered a Disney cake before and would like some suggestions. I want to order a cake as a surprise for my boyfriend. I absolutely LOVE chocolate, and no amount is too much/too sweet for me. Unfortunately he doesn't share my love for chocolate, although he still likes it. I would like a 6inch chocolate cake but I can't decide on the filling. I'm scared a chocolate mousse/cream cheese/peanut butter filling would make the cake too sweet, so I'm leaning towards something like strawberry or raspberry mousse. To those who have had Disney cakes before, were the fillings really sweet? What about the actual chocolate cake?

Also, I'm planning on a Wall-E and Eve themed cake. If anyone has had one made before, or has photos of one, I'd love to see! Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,
I have mentioned before I had some trouble getting an email back from Chef Brian. Last week I Gave up and ordered a simple 6" buttercream gold cake with a print screen of Baymax. I wasn't really happy but i thought to myself , if I can't get an email back this was the best I could do. Last night I gave it one more try and got a reply back from Brian this morning !
In the email I provided the following details:

1. I am looking for a 6" gold cake with white chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries

2. The theme will be Baymax and I am looking for the colors red and navy blue / blue . I prefer butter cream but fondant is okay too

3. A 2d picture of Baymax on the cake (I've attached a picture with Baymax and Hiro- if possible to use this pic for the 2d that's great - if you can't it's totally fine )

4. I have attached a picture where there's chocolate dripping down on the cake. I would love for it to look this way maybe have the cake be red with the chocolate dripping ? I would really love the cake to look like a confetti celebration . Do you happen to have any stars that stick out like it shows on this picture ?

5. Happy 7th Birthday Christopher Written on the cake

His reply back was " To meet your budget we can do a 6” cake iced in either navy blue or red buttercream with a 2D image of the attached on top with stars and confetti and the price would be $74.

I thought perfect!! I went ahead and called the number he gave me . There was some difficulities finding my existing reservation (they had it for another date yikes) but they did find it and I was able to cancel my first order and place this one !

My reservation is for Chef Mickeys this coming Saturday at 10:50am. I will be sure to take pictures! I have attached the pic of Hiro and Baymax Chef Brian provided

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 32
We have always ordered cakes for special events, but our last quote has me reconsidering for December. I asked for a 6 inch square, decorated to look like a Christmas present. Simple red and green, with a bow...no characters, etc and I was quoted $96. Opinions?

We have always ordered cakes for special events, but our last quote has me reconsidering for December. I asked for a 6 inch square, decorated to look like a Christmas present. Simple red and green, with a bow...no characters, etc and I was quoted $96. Opinions?
That does seem a little steep. I also ordered a 6" cake (see my post before yours) and I was quoted $74 with a 2D picture . Is your cake ordered to be made with fondant? Maybe that's why? Or perhaps because you want it squared?

No specific fondant request and I did say I would take any shape. Hate bothering them to edit my choice. May just leave another message. Thx!

It's been a while since we ordered cakes at WDW! We are counting down to our wedding then the honeymoon at CR in less than 60 days now!

I am hoping to surprise future DH with 2 mini-cakes (1 wedding theme and possibly 1 Halloween b-day cake) during the trip. We have never ordered cakes at CR (only at GF and POP) before so I have a few questions:

1. Do I email CR for custom mini-cakes design or do I call the hotline?
2. When should I contact CR to place the order (like 10 days / 2 weeks ahead?)
3. Does CR still do custom mini-cakes?

TIA! :worship:

Hello Everyone! I think I did my due diligence, but I apologize if I missed the answer to this question. I don't see Shades of Green Resort listed in the locations on the first page. I'm fairly certain they don't have a chef on site, so does the location not being included just mean that I can't call them to order a cake, which I kind of figured, or does it mean that I can't have a cake delivered there? I know Disney Floral & Gifts will deliver there so I could go that way, but I'm thinking we'd prefer and it'd be cheaper to just order a mini cake. Any information would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Shades of Green is not listed because it's not run by Disney. To find out what they offer, call 407-824-3400 and select Option #4.

Hi, I'm trying to find the number or email for Brian at the Contemporary to order a fancy cake for my birthday:cake: that we're celebrating at the Cali Grill in October. I've seen so many different numbers and emails i'm getting confused. Thank you for your help

The correct email and phone number for ordering cakes at the Contemporary is shown in Post #2 of this thread.

Hi, I've never ordered a Disney cake before and would like some suggestions. I want to order a cake as a surprise for my boyfriend. I absolutely LOVE chocolate, and no amount is too much/too sweet for me. Unfortunately he doesn't share my love for chocolate, although he still likes it. I would like a 6inch chocolate cake but I can't decide on the filling. I'm scared a chocolate mousse/cream cheese/peanut butter filling would make the cake too sweet, so I'm leaning towards something like strawberry or raspberry mousse. To those who have had Disney cakes before, were the fillings really sweet? What about the actual chocolate cake?

Disney's mousse fillings are not overly sweet. Some people think their buttercream frosting is, so you could do chocolate ganache or whipped cream frosting if you're worried.

It's been a while since we ordered cakes at WDW! We are counting down to our wedding then the honeymoon at CR in less than 60 days now!

I am hoping to surprise future DH with 2 mini-cakes (1 wedding theme and possibly 1 Halloween b-day cake) during the trip. We have never ordered cakes at CR (only at GF and POP) before so I have a few questions:

1. Do I email CR for custom mini-cakes design or do I call the hotline?
2. When should I contact CR to place the order (like 10 days / 2 weeks ahead?)
3. Does CR still do custom mini-cakes?

1. Email is more direct. Calling the hotline will just get you to the person you would ask for the email address.

2. I usually call 2 or 3 weeks ahead, unless it's something really complicated.

3. Yes.

I was able to snag a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey for our trip in 2 weeks, and I want a cake to celebrate our anniversary, but we plan to go straight to MK right after, so do I have any options for the Contemporary to keep the leftovers while I'm at the park, or can I take it into the park somewhere and pick up when I leave...?? I'm dying to have Chef Donald or Brian make me a cake. :worship:

The restaurant isn't allowed to hold the cake for you, but you could check it at the resort's Bell Services (they have a fridge) or put it in a locker at the park.

I'm really confused on who I should call for a cake. I just want a plain cake it could be square or round, nothing fancy, and just Happy Birthday and 5 names. Want it delivered to Via Napoli on November 23.
I have 3 different phone numbers, any suggestions on exactly who I should call. And how far in advance should I call.
Thanks

I am considering ordering a birthday cake for my upcoming trip in December. We will be dining at Ohana's that night.

A couple of questions for anyone willing to part with their opinions/advice:

1. Am I better off calling the cake hotline number or the Polynesian cake number?
2. We will be a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 kids under 8....would a 6" cake be enough or should I bump it to a 8" cake?
3. If I went with a 6" cake, am I able to get a character (the edible image type) put on it?

Thank you!

Ok, 3 weeks now till our trip so this is my plan!

1.Arrival day in MK - 1 tier mini cake in Lilo and Stitch theme (I'm thinking the pattern of Lilo's dress for the fondant) with 2D image of Stitch on it somehow, delivered for dinner at The Plaza with a Welcome to Disney message.
2. Anniversary cake like this one delivered at breakfast at'Ohana

3. Mini 2 tier cake with light up castle on top like this for DD's birthday delivered to dinner at 1900 PF.

4. Mini 2 tier cake like this delivered to room at CBR for my parents from my DD as this will probably be their last trip and I'd like to do something special for them. Do you think I'd be able to get an iced message like this one if it is being delivered to our room and will be able to order this in advance from the Boardwalk Bakery or will I have to do it through Shutters one we arrive?

Can anyone see any potential flaws in my plan (including huge costs)? I know I will have to deal with 3 different bakeries and as I will be calling from the UK I would like to get them right first time. Am I being too optimstic???? Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated as this is my first time ordering cakes and have found this thread massively helpful so far. Thanks :earsboy:

I'm really confused on who I should call for a cake. I just want a plain cake it could be square or round, nothing fancy, and just Happy Birthday and 5 names. Want it delivered to Via Napoli on November 23.
I have 3 different phone numbers, any suggestions on exactly who I should call. And how far in advance should I call.
Thanks

Post #2 of this thread lists exactly one phone number for Via Napoli. I'm not sure what's confusing....? I'd call at least 2 weeks in advance but no more than 2 months in advance.
Tutto Italia & Via Napoli 407-560-8040
  • 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options as 8-inch

I am considering ordering a birthday cake for my upcoming trip in December. We will be dining at Ohana's that night.

1. Am I better off calling the cake hotline number or the Polynesian cake number?

They are the same. The number in Post #2 just helps you skip all the voicemail prompts of the Cake Hotline.

2. We will be a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 kids under 8....would a 6" cake be enough or should I bump it to a 8" cake?

A 6-inch cake will be plenty.

3. If I went with a 6" cake, am I able to get a character (the edible image type) put on it?

Poly will probably say no. You sometimes see them do this at other bakeries, but the standard line is you must get an 8-inch cake to have a screen print. You could try placing your order through the Grand Floridian and seeing if they'll work with you to do a screen print on a standing piece of white chocolate. They deliver fancy cakes to the Poly. If all you want is a simple cake, you can call the Poly directly.

Ok, 3 weeks now till our trip so this is my plan!

4. Mini 2 tier cake like this delivered to room at CBR for my parents from my DD as this will probably be their last trip and I'd like to do something special for them. Do you think I'd be able to get an iced message like this one if it is being delivered to our room and will be able to order this in advance from the Boardwalk Bakery or will I have to do it through Shutters one we arrive?

Sounds like a fun trip! You cannot order a cake for CBR directly from BoardWalk Bakery. You have to go through CBR's food service department by calling Shutters in advance (see Post #2). Even though BWB will be making the cake, if you call them directly, they will tell you they don't deliver to CBR.

Thank you!

I just ordered a cake for our Ohana dinner (25th wedding anniversary) in early September... I phoned Pat at the GF bakery. Initially I spoke w/ someone in Private Dining at the Poly, but they said if I wanted more fancy, to call Pat at GF. My first call to her was not answered....gave it a week & called back on Saturday early afternoon. She answered the phone. Very nice, but I did feel a bit rushed.

Happy Birthday!

2. Anniversary cake like this one delivered at breakfast at'Ohana

Can anyone see any potential flaws in my plan (including huge costs)? I know I will have to deal with 3 different bakeries and as I will be calling from the UK I would like to get them right first time. Am I being too optimstic???? Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated as this is my first time ordering cakes and have found this thread massively helpful so far. Thanks :earsboy:

When I spoke w/ Pat at the GF bakery, I wanted those ears for our 25 year anniversary cake...I don't recall the price, but it was CRAZY. She suggested the white chocolate Minnie/Mickey edible statue instead; I think it was $15. EVERY little add on seems to be costly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter