• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
Emailed the contemporary about getting something similar to this but without the #4. With a painted chocolate mickey for the topper and some mickey balloons and happy birthday banner or scroll. I'm not sure what the correct is. They quoted me $121. I wanted to keep it at $100. Is the chocolate Mickey worth it any suggestions on something I can do instead of the Mickey or should I just stick with it

Ok i have searched through many of the cake chatter threads and I am still unsure as what to do.
My DD will turn 16 WHILE we are in Disney and my Niece will have just turned 15 the week prior. I want to have a cake made that will feed 12 and can be delivered to either Ohana's for our Dinner reservation or to our room at AKL-Kidana. I have a budget of about $75 but some of the prices I have seen are over $200. I don't understand how the pricing works. Also do I have to order from a certain place depending on where the cake is going? My trip is in Oct. Please help me figure out first steps to order a cake!

Didn't someone get a Chewy inspired one?

Yes! At the Contemporary...

Chewbacca Cake w/ fully painted White Chocolate Jedi Mickey from Contemporary Bakery - $134, Vanilla Cake w/ Peanut Butter mousse filing & vanilla buttercream - picked up at The Wave. Cake was ordered about 5 months out and I confirmed a few days prior!

I've seen some great mini cakes inspired by characters' costumes, but am told they can't do this for Nightmare Before Christmas.

Remind me who you're working with again? Surely they could do a one-tier mini cake with stripes and a few pumpkins....

10428420_10152848996904766_8332065668207848353_n.jpg

NB4XCake2.png

Emailed the contemporary about getting something similar to this but without the #4. With a painted chocolate mickey for the topper and some mickey balloons and happy birthday banner or scroll. I'm not sure what the correct is. They quoted me $121. I wanted to keep it at $100. Is the chocolate Mickey worth it any suggestions on something I can do instead of the Mickey or should I just stick with it

That's a pretty standard price, but if you're set on it, just email them back and ask them what they would have to change to get the price down to $100. I think the Mickey would look cool!

Ok i have searched through many of the cake chatter threads and I am still unsure as what to do.
My DD will turn 16 WHILE we are in Disney and my Niece will have just turned 15 the week prior. I want to have a cake made that will feed 12 and can be delivered to either Ohana's for our Dinner reservation or to our room at AKL-Kidana. I have a budget of about $75 but some of the prices I have seen are over $200. I don't understand how the pricing works. Also do I have to order from a certain place depending on where the cake is going? My trip is in Oct. Please help me figure out first steps to order a cake!

The first steps to ordering a cake are listed in the first post of this thread...

CAKE ORDERING BASICS

1. Find the Disney resort or theme park where you want the cake delivered on THIS LIST.
  2. Call the phone number listed for your location to place an order at least 48 hours ahead.
  3. There are no standard design options other than THESE—every cake is a custom cake, so feel free to submit images that show the pastry team what you want.
  4. You may be asked for a credit card number, but you won’t be charged until the cake is delivered to the restaurant or resort.

The first post also tells you what size cake you need for your group size. The second post tells you who to call based on where the cake is going. Disney starts their cakes at the prices listed for each location in post #2 and adds $30 if you want fondant. Then the price goes up depending on how elaborate the cake is. The best way to get a cake big enough to feed 12 for under $100 is to do basic buttercream instead of fondant. If a round cake is still too pricey, you can do a sheet cake. The 1/4 sheet cake feeds 25 and costs $55.

Yes! At the Contemporary...

Remind me who you're working with again? Surely they could do a one-tier mini cake with stripes and a few pumpkins....

10428420_10152848996904766_8332065668207848353_n.jpg

NB4XCake2.png

I did email them an image of the Chewy one. Also sent photos of cakes that seem to have modified Mickey Ears on top of mini or 6" cakes (I saw maleficent ones a lot). I'm asking if something similar can be done for a Fett helmet that doesn't involve sculpting.

I'm working with Donald at the Contemporary.

MK Cakes said they could only do something like what I had requested for Nightmare (I had asked about a sculpted mountain with moon on top and costume inspired layers on a mini cake), but only if it was a 6" tiered on an 8" which is WAY too much cake for 3 people. That was quoted at $240. For the amount of cake, it seems reasonable, but it would be a waste!

Hey guys! Love that ordering a custom cake at Disney is an option! This is the third one I will be ordering. I had great success with the first two (both through the Contemporary) and hoping I can say the same for the third.

Well, my grandfather is turning 90!! He is an avid golfer, so I requested a 6" with a golf theme, maybe an argyle print or 2D image of one of the characters in golf attire? I really hope they're able to do something, so we will see! He's having dinner with my mother at The Wave (I won't be there, although I wish I could!) Wish me luck!

Hi lurkyloo,

Not sure if you can help with this, but I'd love to save the cake images in post #1600 on page 80 of Part III thread, but they are no longer showing up. Can you repost them somehow? Thanks!

Hey guys! Love that ordering a custom cake at Disney is an option! This is the third one I will be ordering. I had great success with the first two (both through the Contemporary) and hoping I can say the same for the third.

Well, my grandfather is turning 90!! He is an avid golfer, so I requested a 6" with a golf theme, maybe an argyle print or 2D image of one of the characters in golf attire? I really hope they're able to do something, so we will see! He's having dinner with my mother at The Wave (I won't be there, although I wish I could!) Wish me luck!

Just an update -- corresponded with Chef Brian and we are a go! 6" vanilla cake with custard and strawberry filling, decorated with green fondant and a 2D image of Mickey golfing. I was quoted $65. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Hi lurkyloo,

Not sure if you can help with this, but I'd love to save the cake images in post #1600 on page 80 of Part III thread, but they are no longer showing up. Can you repost them somehow? Thanks!

Unfortunately, the user who posted them (@cindy0519) has either taken them down or moved them, so there's no way to get them anymore. And I didn't think to save them when I first saw them. :( You could try messaging her in case she's still active on the board...

From what I unstand yes but the theme has to be in the approved list. Anything Pooh is a no-go unfortunately.

Probably licensing issues. I know that a few years ago Disney was being sued by the heirs of the creator of Pooh...

Has anybody ever ordered a cake in person ?

Seems like if you have the availability to go over pictures, prices, servings, colors, etc all at one time and place an order, it would eliminate having to send 20 emails back and forth ?

I'm so excited our trip is just 2 weeks away and I can't wait to see how our cake turns out! I'll share pics once I have them but figured I'd post info about our order.

Fondant covered 6 inch 4 layer marble cake w/vanilla buttercream frosting and alternating vanilla and chocolate buttercream filling.
Asked for a pirate themed cake including some of our favorites from past cake pics- skulls, treasure chest, tropical flowers, a sandy beach and a 2D pic of Pirate Mickey. To be made by the Contemporary bakery and served at LTT. Quoted $120.

What is the best option to get a Star Wars themed cake or dessert for my husbands birthday? We will be eating at the Galactic breakfast during Star Wars weekends on his birthday and at Akershus for dinner. Would I have the best bet at HS to get something? Also what do we do with the left overs if we are at the park a few hours longer?

Hollywood Studios bakery can only do basic supermarket-style cakes with screen prints on them, but if you're OK with that, you can see if they have a Star Wars image they can use. You can rent a locker to store the leftovers in.

Hollywood Studios bakery can only do basic supermarket-style cakes with screen prints on them, but if you're OK with that, you can see if they have a Star Wars image they can use. You can rent a locker to store the leftovers in.
are there any other options?

... Other options for what? Storing your cake? Getting a rad-looking cake? The first two posts in this thread list all the options available at the various locations around WDW. If you want a fancy cake, Akershus is a better bet because it's serviced by the Epcot pastry team, and they have those capabilities. But people have mixed results asking for Star Wars themed cakes at various locations, so only Epcot can tell you what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter