Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, last year we brought our It's Tasty Too! cake to Ohana's. They took it to the back and brought it out at the end of the meal.

Yes, last year we brought our It's Tasty Too! cake to Ohana's. They took it to the back and brought it out at the end of the meal.

Thanks! That's great to know. We are celebrating our daughters college graduation in May and I would love to have a special cake made for her! Thank you!

Oh Help!!
I am planning a special trip to celebrate my twins 8 year birthday. Both were given a choice of where to eat. My daughter picked Cinderella’s Castle (breakfast) and my son picked Chef Mickey’s (dinner).
I plan on having cakes for both as a surprise. I will need 4 cakes in all but one ‘special’ cake for each. Since Emily picked the Castle I want her special cake there. Her favorite Princess is Elsa but after looking at the castle’s birthday package I didn’t see Elsa. I am assuming it won’t be a problem ordering one and having it delivered? I will need a small cake or something for my son (so he won’t feel left out) do they have anything like the slipper but for a boy?
Next my son’s special cake is really hard. His favorite ride at WDW is…the MONORAIL!!! He LOVES IT!! I would like a cake that had a monorail on it. I have seen one cake with the monorail but I would like something that featured the monorail more. Any suggestions? Ideas?
If I can’t get the monorail my son LOVES giraffes. So a giraffe cake would work.
I am a single MOM on a budget so cost is important. We also don’t need large cakes as we total 3 and will probably be leaving what is not eaten at the table. (Except the Chef Mickey’s. We are staying at Bay Lake so it will be easy to drop off the uneaten part to our room. The am cake I don’t want to leave the park just to drop the cake off)
Does anyone have any pictures of cakes that would work for us? Also, who would I need to talk to and when would I need to order the cakes? Our trip is November 19 so I have time. =)
Any help I would appreciate!!

Jennifer

I just wanted to post a picture of the cake we had made for my sons 5th birthday last November. I tried to post the pictures last year but it didn't really work out...this new Dis update makes posting pictures much easier:) It was made at the Contemporary for somewhere around $100. I can't remember exactly since it's been awhile...my son absolutely loved it! They did a fantastic job on it! We just wanted a Star Wars themed cake with fondant and this is what we got:
image.jpg

Long time lurker, first time poster :wave2:. Used this thread to plan and order my first cake at the beginning of Feb, and wanted to share with you all! We ordered from POP and had it delivered to our room. We got a 6 inch vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. It was delicious! The 6 inch was perfect for our party of 3 for breakfast a few days during our stay.

IMG_3378_zpsaj3vlexk.jpg

IMG_3381_zpscjw7bmxm.jpg

The cake was $23 + $10 for the castle and $5 for the extra decorations. Not sure if there was a delivery fee because I didn't see the final charge.

Thanks for this great thread! :goodvibes

I posted here a while back regarding a friends birthday - thanks all for the great advice! New to ordering a cake, never been at Disney to actually celebrate something before. We will be dining at Citricos on the night of her birthday so hoping to get a cake made/delivered there. Any ideas on how to get started, it's still a few months away but looking to get a design/quote together. :)

Or another option is to get a cake delivered to our hotel which is AKL. Thoughts, given it seems people seem to have issues with GF bakery?

Last edited:
Quick question regarding cake delivery. We're staying at CR for Easter Weekend and I'm considering ordering a mini cake in fondant with fondant mickey heads in Easter colors. I e-mailed Brian at CR to ask for a price, and to find out if we need to be in our room for delivery. If I need to be in the room to wait for a cake, I'd probably not order. We're there for a short time and will be out and about. Also, it's a surprise for the kids. Brian thinks we need to be in our room for the cake to be delivered, but it sounds like he's not sure. Does anyone have experience with cake delivery to a resort room?

Long time lurker, first time poster :wave2:. Used this thread to plan and order my first cake at the beginning of Feb, and wanted to share with you all! We ordered from POP and had it delivered to our room. We got a 6 inch vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. It was delicious! The 6 inch was perfect for our party of 3 for breakfast a few days during our stay.

IMG_3378_zpsaj3vlexk.jpg

IMG_3381_zpscjw7bmxm.jpg

The cake was $23 + $10 for the castle and $5 for the extra decorations. Not sure if there was a delivery fee because I didn't see the final charge.

I love that! That's a design similar to what I would like to order- and I like the price too ;)

Quick question regarding cake delivery. We're staying at CR for Easter Weekend and I'm considering ordering a mini cake in fondant with fondant mickey heads in Easter colors. I e-mailed Brian at CR to ask for a price, and to find out if we need to be in our room for delivery. If I need to be in the room to wait for a cake, I'd probably not order. We're there for a short time and will be out and about. Also, it's a surprise for the kids. Brian thinks we need to be in our room for the cake to be delivered, but it sounds like he's not sure. Does anyone have experience with cake delivery to a resort room?

I've never been in my room when I've had cakes delivered. (and we've had a lot of cakes lol) You don't need to be in your room. :)

Last edited:
I just wanted to post a picture of the cake we had made for my sons 5th birthday last November. I tried to post the pictures last year but it didn't really work out...this new Dis update makes posting pictures much easier:) It was made at the Contemporary for somewhere around $100. I can't remember exactly since it's been awhile...my son absolutely loved it! They did a fantastic job on it! We just wanted a Star Wars themed cake with fondant and this is what we got:

Thanks for sharing all these cakes!

Thank you for posting!

I posted here a while back regarding a friends birthday - thanks all for the great advice! New to ordering a cake, never been at Disney to actually celebrate something before. We will be dining at Citricos on the night of her birthday so hoping to get a cake made/delivered there. Any ideas on how to get started, it's still a few months away but looking to get a design/quote together. :)

Or another option is to get a cake delivered to our hotel which is AKL. Thoughts, given it seems people seem to have issues with GF bakery?

All the info is on Page 1 of this thread. GF has greater capabilities for elaborate designs than AKL, but the contact at the GF can be difficult to work with, depending on your personality, or maybe the day of the week. Some people have reported having easy cake-ordering experiences, while others, not so much... You could give it a try, and then use AKL as your fall-back.

Oh Help!!
I am planning a special trip to celebrate my twins 8 year birthday. Both were given a choice of where to eat. My daughter picked Cinderella’s Castle (breakfast) and my son picked Chef Mickey’s (dinner).
I plan on having cakes for both as a surprise. I will need 4 cakes in all but one ‘special’ cake for each. Since Emily picked the Castle I want her special cake there. Her favorite Princess is Elsa but after looking at the castle’s birthday package I didn’t see Elsa. I am assuming it won’t be a problem ordering one and having it delivered?

As far as I've seen, they don't yet have an Elsa version of the standard princess cakes, but it never hurts to ask.

I will need a small cake or something for my son (so he won’t feel left out) do they have anything like the slipper but for a boy?

They offer a white chocolate crown dessert that costs the same as the slipper ($12.50):
SignatureCrownDessert.jpg

Next my son’s special cake is really hard. His favorite ride at WDW is…the MONORAIL!!! He LOVES IT!! I would like a cake that had a monorail on it. I have seen one cake with the monorail but I would like something that featured the monorail more. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Have you seen this cake?

MonorailCake3.jpg

It's pretty pricey, though - the monorail alone costs something like $60.

Does anyone have any pictures of cakes that would work for us?

I would google "cake" and your key words - that's how I find all my cake designs that I submit to the pastry chefs at Disney.

Also, who would I need to talk to and when would I need to order the cakes? Our trip is November 19 so I have time.

See Post #2 of this thread.

Sorry if this has been answered already, I have been researching cakes for about an hour though.
My fiance and I are having an Escape Wedding at Sea Breeze Point in 2017. My question is, do we have to have one of the pre-selected cake designs that the Escape package offers? Cause I much prefer the fancier ones!

Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered to the pirates and pals wishes boat trip? We are celebrating my sons birthday by going on that cruise and was thinking that would be a great way to make it even more special. I emailed the contemporary today but not sure if I should just call since I'm a week out. Any help would be great-we are eating at bog the night before so I could do it there too but they have really yummy desserts I hear.

Does anyone know if you can have a cake delivered to the pirates and pals wishes boat trip? We are celebrating my sons birthday by going on that cruise and was thinking that would be a great way to make it even more special. I emailed the contemporary today but not sure if I should just call since I'm a week out. Any help would be great-we are eating at bog the night before so I could do it there too but they have really yummy desserts I hear.
I wouldn't do it then. I think the pirates and pals is pretty rushed and short in time and they have deserts there already

DH surprised me with this Mini Cake at The Wave on Valentine's Day. Mini cake was chocolate with chocolate filling, perfect for two people to share. It was delicious! Cost $75.00, but that also included a hand painted chocolate Belle figurine. Now I have to figure out do I eat my chocolate Belle figurine or not. :)

f9e1qf.jpg

2jbp17p.jpg

Last edited:
So, after all the research, my DS picks the standard Mickey Face cake for his graduation cake. Has anyone tasted this cake? It says it serves 10, we are only 5. Leftovers are fine, unless I get it at the park. I would really like to have it delivered to CSR. This is not one of the cakes they do, but I'm hoping for a exception. If not, the only other place we can get it that we booked is Coral Reef. Just don't feel like trashing half a cake. Am I missing an option?
So, I just booked a 10:20 pm ADR @ Beaches and Cream. I figured we can go after Illuminations and get the Mickey cake there. We can even order ice cream on the side :cloud9:. I hope I can get a white chocolate banner added to the front that says class of 2015 instead of it being on the gold foil plate. Those seem hard to read.

Sorry if this has been answered already, I have been researching cakes for about an hour though.
My fiance and I are having an Escape Wedding at Sea Breeze Point in 2017. My question is, do we have to have one of the pre-selected cake designs that the Escape package offers? Cause I much prefer the fancier ones!

Unfortunately, Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings has recently stopped allowing Escape couples to pay to upgrade the cake that comes with the package. You can still try asking, though. Alternatively, I have photos of the older Escape cake designs here — they will let you have one of those still: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/escape-cakes/

Yes. If you decide to have one, I'd call since you're so close to the sailing.

DH surprised me with this Mini Cake at The Wave on Valentine's Day. Mini cake was chocolate with chocolate filling, perfect for two people to share. It was delicious! Cost $75.00, but that also included a hand painted chocolate Belle figurine. Now I have to figure out do I eat my chocolate Belle figurine or not.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter