• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to order a cake to be delivered to our room at the Wilderness Lodge in early November. I have no idea what to get on it though! I want to do something special for my family (mom, dad, grandma, husband) since they have all been doing a lot for me lately because I recently broke my ankle and haven't been able to put any weight on it or drive for 6 1/2 weeks (will still be limited mobility for the trip).

Any suggestions on a "thanks for taking care of me cake?" (wording suggestions also appreciated!) I had thought about Lilo & Stitch with their Ohana theme, but our family isn't "broken," just normal dysfunctional ;) Classic Disney characters are probably preferred since the youngest people on the trip are 29.

I would prefer a 6 inch, non-fondant cake, and not crazy expensive (<$100?).

Gorgeous cake.... Does this mean Chef Brian is back at Contemporary?? He made our cake Aug 2012 and it was amazing. Aug 2013 and he was gone... (Cake was great, but not as good)

Yes!

Do they still do the fondant covered Mini cakes with the silver mickey stamps (I think that is what it is....)

Usually for mini cakes they do buttercream with piped Mickey heads, but you could ask about the stamps.

I need a mini cake for my parents anniversary and I wanted to do a slipper for my birthday. Originally I'm thinking slipper at CRT and anniversary at O'hana but but I much prefer the Grand Floridian presentation and white cream or something instead of chocolate at CRT in the slipper, so perhaps I should get it at O'hana? I don't believe I can get it anywhere else that we are eating. That frees up CRT for my parents anniversary which is probably more fitting than O'hana?

Or
Will they do a slipper or a mini cake at BOG for a lunch FP? that may be another option

Theoretically you should be able to get the slipper at Ohana (via GF private dining) or BOG (via Contemporary Private Dining), but they may say that it can't be transported. Best to ask them directly.

If I would go to the Boardwalk Bakery, and buy a cake out of the case,or maybe even a variety of different cupcakes, would they be able to put it on a plate for me and write "Happy Birthday" on the plate? or is something as small as this need to be pre ordered? Thanks for any info :)

If there's a baker on duty when you get there, they should be able to write on the paper plate, but it's always best to order ahead to avoid disappointment.

After emailing the Contemporary email given in this thread and getting little to no feedback (other than I was informed no Winnie the Pooh cakes - which I learned on this thread but thought I'd still try - and I got pricing) I figured I'd call the private dining number and place my order before I got too far down the road. I left a message and was called the next day and placed my order. I emailed to confirm that I have placed my order as well and have heard nothing back... Is this little-to-no communication typical? Is the pricing quoted typical as well?!

Sometimes it can be a while before you get a reply from the email address. Prices seem right for fondant-covered cakes with custom decorations, but if it were me, I'd keep trying to get ahold of one of the pastry chefs to be sure they knew exactly what I wanted.

I am staying at AKV during my stay in 3 weeks. It will be our 1st wedding anniversary and I just saw on the 1st post they do not do mini cakes is there another place I can order that will deliver a mini cake to AKV?

Theoretically no, because AK Lodge has its own pastry chef. But you might call Grand Floridian Private Dining and play up the "I'm a Disney Bride" angle and see if they'll make some pixie dust. Are you dining anyplace else where you could have a mini cake delivered? Could you pick one up at BoardWalk Bakery?

Should I just call Private Dining at the Contemp. and give my request there? Only 17 days until I need the cake and I'm STRESSED!!!!

That's what I would do! ;)

If I would go to the Boardwalk Bakery, and buy a cake out of the case,or maybe even a variety of different cupcakes, would they be able to put it on a plate for me and write "Happy Birthday" on the plate? or is something as small as this need to be pre ordered? Thanks for any info :)

I would pre-order a cake (if a cake is what you decide on). We spontaneously decided to get an 8-inch chocolate cake that was in the BW bakery case and it had the taste and texture of a left over from the Steamboat Willie premiere. :).

I would pre-order a cake (if a cake is what you decide on). We spontaneously decided to get an 8-inch chocolate cake that was in the BW bakery case and it had the taste and texture of a left over from the Steamboat Willie premiere. :).

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I seriously LOLed!!

My parents will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary during our vacation this year. Would you suggest I have it delivered to CRT or BOG dinner? We're eating dinner at BOG after "resort" day so I thought it would be good idea since we won't be stuffed from two other table service meals that day! I'm just not sure about delivery to BOG. Are the cakes still made at the Contemporary? If I knew Chef Brian could make the cake again i would definitely do it. Any thoughts?

My parents will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary during our vacation this year. Would you suggest I have it delivered to CRT or BOG dinner? We're eating dinner at BOG after "resort" day so I thought it would be good idea since we won't be stuffed from two other table service meals that day! I'm just not sure about delivery to BOG. Are the cakes still made at the Contemporary? If I knew Chef Brian could make the cake again i would definitely do it. Any thoughts?

That's what I was thinking of- ordering our cake for our MK day. Hopefully we'll be able to get an ADR but we still have until April to make reservations

image_zpsdbd0a69b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is the castle edible or is it a nice little extra gift you keep?

Custom cakes for the MK are still made by the Contemporary, and Chef Brian is back doing cakes at the Contemporary.

Been reading a couple of posts about people getting to their dining reservation to find there is no cake and no record of it being ordered.

Do you think it would be wise for me to call private dining at contemporary again a couple of days before to confirm they haven't forgotten to make my cake or is it unnecessary??

Been reading a couple of posts about people getting to their dining reservation to find there is no cake and no record of it being ordered.

Do you think it would be wise for me to call private dining at contemporary again a couple of days before to confirm they haven't forgotten to make my cake or is it unnecessary??

I would!

We have a Chef Mickey's ADR on our arrival day, December 13th. ADR is at 5:40. I want to have my son's cake delivered to the restaurant. Only problem is that my plan to get a 7DMT FP+ before the ADR didn't work, so if we want to ride 7DMT that day, we need to return to the MK (original plan was to go from CM to VWL for an early bedtime). Our FP+ window opens at 6:50. I know we won't make it for the opening of that window, but we should be able to make it by the time it closes. I assume at that time of year, the cake will be OK sitting in the stroller for as long as it takes to get to the MK, ride, and then get back to the WL, correct? I'm anticipating a cake with buttercream and maybe a mousse filling...

If I would like to get a custom cake delivered to Be Our Guest, that would be made by the team at the Contemporary, correct? If that is correct, what is the best way to go about ordering it? Do I email or call the Contemporary or do I email Magic Kingdom cakes? Is there a delivery charge for taking it to Be Our Guest? I just got a BOG reservation this morning I was not expecting and it seems like a good place to have my daughters' 16th bday cake.

I assume at that time of year, the cake will be OK sitting in the stroller for as long as it takes to get to the MK, ride, and then get back to the WL, correct? I'm anticipating a cake with buttercream and maybe a mousse filling...

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it, and I'm kind of a food-safety nut. :teeth:

If I would like to get a custom cake delivered to Be Our Guest, that would be made by the team at the Contemporary, correct? If that is correct, what is the best way to go about ordering it? Do I email or call the Contemporary or do I email Magic Kingdom cakes? Is there a delivery charge for taking it to Be Our Guest? I just got a BOG reservation this morning I was not expecting and it seems like a good place to have my daughters' 16th bday cake.

Yes, it would be made by the Contemporary. They want you to order it through Magic Kingdom Cakes, though, which means a lot of unnecessary back and forth about how you want something custom before they'll let you work with the Contemporary. So start with Magic Kingdom cakes. There is no delivery charge.

We will be there in a week we are staying at the BCV and I was wondering if I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room could they do it and if so do they set up a time so we can be there to receive it or do they just leave it in the room or by the door?

We will be there in a week we are staying at the BCV and I was wondering if I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room could they do it and if so do they set up a time so we can be there to receive it or do they just leave it in the room or by the door?

Yes you can order a cake to be delivered to your room or to many TS restaurants as well.

This thread will answer all your questions

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261922

Hi all,

I have read through but I'm sorry I can't seem to find the answers I need.

If I want to order the chocolate slipper (preferably milk chocolate) with some chocolate covered strawberries and if budget allows a mini cake to celebrate our anniversary. Please could you let me know which restaurant we should go to in order to have this. We don't really want to go to CRT as my DD is not a big princess fan.

Question 2:
We will be having a 6 inch birthday celebration cake on a different night for our DD birthday. Please could you tell me what happens to the rest of the cake if we don't finish it as we are using disney dining plan which includes desert I doubt we will be able to eat big slices of cake after.

Thank you in advance

Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter