Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read through the first few posts but wanted to ask again to see if there is any updated info-

We will be in Disney for my birthday next year and want to get a cake. We mainly just want a standard 6" or maybe 8" cake- are those still $23 and $35?

Thanks!

I just read through the first few posts but wanted to ask again to see if there is any updated info-

We will be in Disney for my birthday next year and want to get a cake. We mainly just want a standard 6" or maybe 8" cake- are those still $23 and $35?

Thanks!

Yes, those are still the prices. I just ordered a 6 inch today! I am excited!! They are putting a yellow rose on top of it and a " Happy 10th Anniversary" banner and still only charging me $23!

Yes, those are still the prices. I just ordered a 6 inch today! I am excited!! They are putting a yellow rose on top of it and a " Happy 10th Anniversary" banner and still only charging me $23!

Wow! what a great deal! I'm very surprised at how reasonable the prices are for Disney! Where did you order it from?

Once upon a time i though I was going to have special cake and I did a lot of research, and then that fell apart.

Now, I have the opportunity to do a special cake for my birthday celebration in September. We have the Grand I yacht reserved for a Wishes cruise, and I'm hoping to do a two tier cake for our party. I believe that GF would do the cake for this.

I am interested in hearing everyone's favorite flavor combos are.

Since it's my birthday, I'm hoping to do do one layer that appeals to me, and one that appeals to a larger group.

I remember reading that the almond/amaretto combo was a great option. My second option would be something with chocolate and peanut butter, one of my fave flavor combos.

The larger layer, I'm thinking something that would be more universally enjoyed....either plain vanilla/vanilla or vanilla/chocolate...though I'd also consider something with fruit. (I wouldn't like it but I think others might!)

So, I'm really wondering about favorite flavors? Price will be a slight consideration, but I'm most concerned about flavor.

ry%3D480

Cinderella Blue mini castle cake with color changing castle. Had it sent to Kona with no problems. don't remember the price.

What bakery was this ordered from? I LOVE that cake, as would my DD!

. I remember reading that the almond/amaretto combo was a great option. My second option would be something with chocolate and peanut butter, one of my fave flavor combos. The larger layer, I'm thinking something that would be more universally enjoyed....either plain vanilla/vanilla or vanilla/chocolate...though I'd also consider something with fruit. (I wouldn't like it but I think others might!) So, I'm really wondering about favorite flavors? Price will be a slight consideration, but I'm most concerned about flavor.

The amaretto filling is AMAZING- I've had it with the orange cake which is absolutely phenomenal!!! Everyone I was with agreed it was the best cake we've ever tasted. I don't like vanilla- I think it's a total snooze- so be careful some of your guests might think your "flavor that appeals to everyone" might just eat your layer!! Lol. I find most people enjoy a more adventurous cake. My brother and sister in law liked the orange cake so much for their wedding they got an orange cake with amaretto filling afterwards and everyone at their wedding loved it as well! I personally think you should do one layer of the almond and amaretto and one of chocolate peanut butter! It's YOUR birthday!! ;-)

Now, I have the opportunity to do a special cake for my birthday celebration in September. We have the Grand I yacht reserved for a Wishes cruise, and I'm hoping to do a two tier cake for our party. I believe that GF would do the cake for this.

If you're meeting the yacht at the Grand Floridian or the Poly, yes. If you're meeting it at the Contemporary, you'd order from them.

I remember reading that the almond/amaretto combo was a great option. My second option would be something with chocolate and peanut butter, one of my fave flavor combos.

I think the best peanut butter-chocolate combo Disney offers is what they call "peanut butter cup mousse": chocolate mousse layered with peanut butter mousse. And I think it tastes best with their vanilla cake—their chocolate cake isn't very chocolatey and does nothing to enhance the peanut butter cup flavor.

We ended up settling on an 8" cake because the bakery said that it would look less crowded that way. It will be delivered to CRT I hope it comes out good (i know it will because Disney is really good at cakes but still). My parents have been through so much these past two years because of my up and down health problems, I really wanted to make this anniversary special for them :)

I promise to post pictures of the finished product once we receive the cake on the 11th

I look forward to seeing the final product!

Is there something similar to the chocolate slipper, but more manly? I'd love to surprise DH, but he's not exactly a pretty, pretty princess. princess:

Yes! The boys can get a white chocolate or milk chocolate crown that is filled with the mousse and fruit. I believe it was the same price as the slipper. When I called and requested the information about the chocolate shoe they sent me the information for both. I don't have that e-mail anymore or I would share it.

Also, sorry this is so late after your initial post. The forum has been acting wonky for me of late and I keep missing posts.

If you're meeting the yacht at the Grand Floridian or the Poly, yes. If you're meeting it at the Contemporary, you'd order from them.

We are also doing a Wishes cruise. I plan to call GF later today for a cake. Just because. :rotfl2: I am in love with the cakes the AKL and BW have done for me, but I've never done the GF.

Anyone have ideas for the cake? There will be 7-10 of us. We are not celebrating anything, but I want cake!! I was thinking pirate theme because we will be on the cruise.

I surprised my DD with this cake in our room at Saratoga Springs last week. I ordered it through SSR who arranged it with the Boardwalk Bakery. It is a 2 tiered mini in vanilla with white chocolate filling and the brief was for it to be pink and covered in Mickey Heads. It cost $25 and I picked it up from Artists Palette :)

Cake_zps4e65a2e7.jpg

This is so cute! What a perfect little cake. I want to do something like this for DD's birthday in April.

First I am so grateful for this thread. I was able to order a cake that I know I am going to be thrilled with for my birthday next month. As advised I sent an email and within approx. 24 hours I was contacted by a baker at CR. After a few emails back & forth by the end of the day he sent a picture of the proposed cake. It went so smoothly, then everything was finalized speaking to a CM in Fine Dining on the phone.

Now something has been bothering me. I'll be able to tip at the restaurant of course, but the real star will be the baker & decorator of the cake. I can send a letter of thanks but what about a " tip " ?

Thanks so much,

Ruthie

Can someone please tell me how to post pics in this thread? I've got some from my daughter's 1st birthday cake I had made! Thanks!

Can someone please tell me how to post pics in this thread? I've got some from my daughter's 1st birthday cake I had made! Thanks!

To post pictures you must first upload them to a site like photobucket or similar then copy the image code (picture that looks like a mountain next to it usually) and put that code into your post. The picture itself should then show up when you preview and post your response. HTH

Does CRT still do the chocolate crowns? I called and asked about the slice of cake that used to be with the slipper and was told no. So now I'm thinking about doing the chocolate crown instead...

Hello. I was wondering if the chocolate slipper would be enough for two people? I was thinking of ordering it for my mother and grandmother but they eat like a bird lol. So I'm debating on ordering one or two.

Now something has been bothering me. I'll be able to tip at the restaurant of course, but the real star will be the baker & decorator of the cake. I can send a letter of thanks but what about a " tip " ?

The tip you leave at the restaurant only goes to the restaurant staff. There doesn't seem to be any way of sending them an actual monetary tip short of mailing it to them care of the resort.

Does CRT still do the chocolate crowns? I called and asked about the slice of cake that used to be with the slipper and was told no. So now I'm thinking about doing the chocolate crown instead...

Yes! And they are cute! They cost $12.50 plus tax and they only come in white chocolate with chocolate mousse.

SignatureCrownDessert.jpg

Hello. I was wondering if the chocolate slipper would be enough for two people? I was thinking of ordering it for my mother and grandmother but they eat like a bird lol. So I'm debating on ordering one or two.

If they eat like birds, it will be fine. :thumbsup2

I'm a bit confused I think you can only order peanut butter cup mousse from Grand Floridian, am I right?

And the GF only delivers to GF or Poly? If that's true, if you have breakfast at Kona, will GF deliver there? If not how early can you pick up your cake from GF?

We are staying at Pop and just love this flavor. We don't have a car, so I'm trying to figuer out what's the easiest way to get the cake. We don't care how fancy it is, we just want that flavor (wedding cake flavor and our favorite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter