Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the Contemporary on July 23rd about my custom two tier mini cake and received a prompt response on July 25th from Chef Brian, requesting that I email MK. He said the cake (as outlined below) would be no problem and cost $50.

Colour: "Elsa" Turquoise blue buttercream or fondant
Decoration: Small piped snowflakes / white chocolate snowflake decorations across the cake
Topper or decoration: Small screened Elsa standing on top of the cake. Alternately, if she is placed next to the cake, a larger snowflake standing on top of the cake.
Flavour Icing (External): Vanilla buttercream icing / fondant on the outside of the cake
Flavour Icing (Internal): Chocolate buttercream icing on the inside of the cake
Flavour Cake: Chocolate
Plate writing: Happy 3rd Birthday!

MK followed up today to prep my order. Great service! $50 is pretty steep, but it is a special occasion and it is Disney!

I'll post pictures when we get it delivered to CRT!

A little random, but I had heard months ago that Chef Brian had left the Contemporary- is he back or did I get bum info?

Here are more cake photos from DISer ycfan's Cake-tacular 2014 Trip to Walt Disney World.... Where: Raglan Road (Made by Yacht & Beach Club but delivered to Raglan Road; the restaurant charged a $100 outside cake fee because it offers its own, non-customizable cakes :scared1: ) Flavors: Red velvet with cream cheese filling Price: $265 Where: Artist Point (Made by the Contemporary) Flavors: Spice cake with cream cheese filling Price: $159 Where: Jiko Flavors: Vanilla with white chocolate mousse Price: $250 Where: Grand Floridian Flavors: Marble cake with alternating white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse layers Price: $139

These are gorgeous! This has def given me confidence in using the yacht & beach club for my cake and having it delivered to our room. How early is too early to contact them about a fondont cake?? We are about 100 days out.

I would wait til more like a 2–4 weeks out. They only really need about 3 days' notice, and I've seen enough people have their cake orders lost that I try not to contact them too early.

I surprised my DD with this cake in our room at Saratoga Springs last week. I ordered it through SSR who arranged it with the Boardwalk Bakery. It is a 2 tiered mini in vanilla with white chocolate filling and the brief was for it to be pink and covered in Mickey Heads. It cost $25 and I picked it up from Artists Palette :)

Cake_zps4e65a2e7.jpg

I surprised my DD with this cake in our room at Saratoga Springs last week. I ordered it through SSR who arranged it with the Boardwalk Bakery. It is a 2 tiered mini in vanilla with white chocolate filling and the brief was for it to be pink and covered in Mickey Heads. It cost $25 and I picked it up from Artists Palette :)

That is adorable!!

You still have plenty of time, but I'd call or email to find out what the holdup is (see post #2).

Thank You for the suggestion, I actually emailed them today (a slightly upset email about the lack of contact) and my cake was finalized and I received confirmation for it within a few hours. I feel bad for getting a little upset but it all worked out. I really hope my parent's like it. I will post images of the cake design (once i figure out how to do that) and the final product once we get it on the 11th

Thank you everyone for all the great info in this thread. I called The Beach Club and spoke with Marie about ordering a cake for delivery to our room on Aug 18. She took my personal info and noted what I wanted and said I would receive a call from the bakery. I did 2 hours later, from Brittany. I ordered a 6" vanilla cake with dark choc mousse and white fondant with silver Mickey heads on the side, an anniversary mickey and minnie on top with silver accents and a Happy 25th Anniversary scroll. Total was $96. They were very nice and helpful and Marie knew all about The DIS board :)

I figured it out :) The first image is the cake that I designed myself (pardon the bad art I'm still learning how to draw on the computer I'm much better with a pencil and paper) P.S. Sorry for the large size I'm not sure how to change that)

They had to get the topper image approved so this is the design that they settled on that they were able to use. So this will be on top instead.

I got the idea for the design from this cake I saw online. I made some changes to fit my parent's taste but it is similar so I figured I should credit the original cake maker :)
http://www.cakeswebake.com/photo/4635016:Photo:438304

We ended up settling on an 8" cake because the bakery said that it would look less crowded that way. It will be delivered to CRT I hope it comes out good (i know it will because Disney is really good at cakes but still). My parents have been through so much these past two years because of my up and down health problems, I really wanted to make this anniversary special for them :)

I promise to post pictures of the finished product once we receive the cake on the 11th

Hi! It's me again! :)

Ok, so since I want to order my cake to have it delivered at the art of animation, I have to get the cake from the yacht and beach club bakery.

This cake has to be spot-on, perfect. Is there a certain chef that I SHOULD ask to help with my cake?

Thank you!

I promise to post pictures of the finished product once we receive the cake on the 11th

Cool! It would be great to see the juxtaposition of your original cake design and the inspiration photo with what they come up with! :thumbsup2

Hi! It's me again! :)

Ok, so since I want to order my cake to have it delivered at the art of animation, I have to get the cake from the yacht and beach club bakery.

This cake has to be spot-on, perfect. Is there a certain chef that I SHOULD ask to help with my cake?

Just to clarify (so you don't get shot down when you call), you don't order the cake directly from Yacht & Beach Club, you order it through AOA and they contact Y&BC :thumbsup2

I'm not sure they even have more than one pastry chef. Everything that's been coming out of there in the last few years has been well-executed, so I don't think you have to worry. :goodvibes

Hi!

I'm looking to order a cake for when we arrive to OKW in about a week and a half. I just tried calling via the hotline, but the call was dropped. I then called the number provided for Olivia's, but that went straight to busy.

Am I missing something? Help!

Hi Everyone,

I apologize in advance if some of these questions have been answered as well as thoughts and suggestions for the following.

DD is spending her 5th birthday at WDW. She has no idea and this is a big surprise. Since January, we have asked her several "what if" questions to set up some special things for her big trip. Questions like, if you could have a party and dress up as a Princess or Pirate, which one and would you like to have dinner in a castle or in a boat. Etc. (she loves both princesses and pirates)

For her actual birthday, we will be having dinner at CRT. For the last 6 months, she has said she is excited for cake and wants a cake with Captain Hook!! We see that CRT offers a lovely Princess package with a princess cake, balloon and tiara. Here are the questions.

1) has anyone had the princess cake and was it nice as well as tasty?
2) how weird would it be for her to have the princess package, but with a 6 inch cake with Captain Hook, Mr Smee and Pirate Fairy on it? (Kathy at WDW cakes has said they would do this)
3) Should I go with the princess cake because later that evening she is schedule for the Fireworks cruise with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, so she will get her Pirate fix there. She will also have been to Pirate's League earlier in the day.
4) How are the custom cakes? Are they nice and tasty?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wow, thanks for clarifying! I did not know I had to talk to the person at art of animation. I thought I could call the bakery up and talk to the chef.

Thank you for all the help, I feel bad blasting you with all of these questions!! :)

Hi!

I'm looking to order a cake for when we arrive to OKW in about a week and a half. I just tried calling via the hotline, but the call was dropped. I then called the number provided for Olivia's, but that went straight to busy.

Am I missing something? Help!

You could try calling OKW's main number and telling them that Olivia's is perpetually off the hook... see if they can connect you with the food and beverage office instead.

For her actual birthday, we will be having dinner at CRT. For the last 6 months, she has said she is excited for cake and wants a cake with Captain Hook!! We see that CRT offers a lovely Princess package with a princess cake, balloon and tiara. Here are the questions.

1) has anyone had the princess cake and was it nice as well as tasty?

All the Disney-made cakes at WDW are made from the same recipes, so they all taste the same. Most people seem to like them, with the occasional stale/too sweet complaint.

2) how weird would it be for her to have the princess package, but with a 6 inch cake with Captain Hook, Mr Smee and Pirate Fairy on it? (Kathy at WDW cakes has said they would do this)

Not weird at all. I think it's rad that a 5-year-old girl prefers Captain Hook to princesses!

3) Should I go with the princess cake because later that evening she is schedule for the Fireworks cruise with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, so she will get her Pirate fix there. She will also have been to Pirate's League earlier in the day.

In my experience, if a 5-year-old has been asking for the same thing for 6 months, it is best to give the 5-year-old what she wants! :teeth:

Wow, thanks for clarifying! I did not know I had to talk to the person at art of animation. I thought I could call the bakery up and talk to the chef.

Thank you for all the help, I feel bad blasting you with all of these questions!! :)

No worries! It is a really unintuitive process and way more complicated than it has to be, so I try to help whenever I can. :thumbsup2

You could try calling OKW's main number and telling them that Olivia's is perpetually off the hook... see if they can connect you with the food and beverage office instead.

Thank you!! I must have originally tried at an off-time. I tried again yesterday morning and was able to get through to leave a voicemail and then heard from Carol last night. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter