Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at Disney May 11 -16 celebrating our 20th anniversary and our daughter's sweet 16. Since we were celebrating we ordered cakes.

We ordered a 20th anniversary cake and had it delivered to dinner at Rose & Crown on May 12th. It is a 8" vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling, covered with fondant and a white chocolate anniversary Mickey and Minnie. I told them I wanted it inscribed with "Celebrating 20 Magical Years" and to decorate how ever they wanted but to do it all in white. I was quoted $63, but charged $53. It was really tasty! We all thought it was delicious but my husband did not like the fondant. It was a texture thing. I forgot to take photos of the inside of the cake. We also shared with a guy sitting next to us. He was in Orlando for business but really enjoyed EPCOT so took a day to visit by himself. He was seated next to us and we ended up talking to him so since it was a big cake for 3 people we shared. We still ended up taking some back to our room and had it with coffee the next morning. Breakfast of champions LOL Here is the cake.

14155243717_b00a90c510.jpg

I ordered a 2 tier mini cake for my daughter to be delivered to our AoA LM room on our late park night as an early birthday suprise. I ordered vanilla cake with strawberry mousse filling, buttercream frosting in green with purple mickey heads and a chocolate Mickey ears hat. I was quoted $50. That night while at the park I got a call from AoA food and beverage concept artist. I was distracted so I missed his name but he was very pleasant. He told me that the cake we ordered had collapsed in transit and that they were going to go ahead and leave the cake for her but they would refund the $50 and they were going to leave another cake for her because they wanted her to have a pretty cake. It was really sweet. So when we got to our room there was a note for Keagan (my daughter), the collapsed cake in the fridge and a vanilla cake that they decorated, along with a balloon, candles, matches, forks and plates.

Here is the original cake, a collapsed green mess buy it was the yummiest green mess EVER! Most of it was eaten that night.
14338399171_b3795ed460_n.jpg

Here is the replacement cake, which was quite good, not as good as the green mess, but good. LOL
14155074778_112da20630.jpg

We ordered her a chocolate shoe dessert from Cindy's Royal Table, $12.50
14155238057_c3d229de02.jpg

Last is a 6" all vanilla cake delivered to dinner on May 14th to the San Angel Inn at the Mexican Pavilion in EPCOT. I requested Anna and Elsa and the inscription of Happy Sweet 16 Keagan. Mexican pavilion cakes are not made by Disney. This cake was really yummy. The vanilla flavor was very rich. It was brought out by a group of 5 cast members and they sang a birthday song in Spanish and wished her a happy birthday. We also shared this cake with the people at the table next to us. This cake was $23

14340096892_64a7cbc05b.jpg

I am caked out! LOL

Thanks for sharing your cakes! I'm glad to see that that the outside vendor who does cakes for the Mexico Pavilion can do some decorations—the cake turned out very pretty!

Thanks for sharing your cakes! I'm glad to see that that the outside vendor who does cakes for the Mexico Pavilion can do some decorations—the cake turned out very pretty!

I thought it turned out nice too. It was her favorite as far as decorations. Her favorite flavor wise was the collapsed cake but the Mexican pavilion cake was her 2nd favorite flavor wise. It was pretty tasty. I wish I had remembered to take photos of the inside of the cakes.

I am wanting to order a two-tier mini cake for DBF and my anniversary and I'm just not sure where I want it from. My first choice is to have it at dinner at Narcoossee's but I'm not sure we are definitely dining here yet. So here are my other options:

-During dinner at Cape May Cafe

-During dinner at Artist Point

-At POR when we do the carriage ride.

Where would y'all suggest getting it from? And what flavors does it come in and what are the options for me to get it decorated?

TIA!!

I know the two tier mini cakes are described as being able to serve 2 people. Can anyone tell me what is the actual size of each tier?

What size cake do I need to order to get a screen print? I may order from pop or the poly depending on which would be easier.

I am wanting to order a two-tier mini cake for DBF and my anniversary and I'm just not sure where I want it from. My first choice is to have it at dinner at Narcoossee's but I'm not sure we are definitely dining here yet. So here are my other options:

-During dinner at Cape May Cafe

-During dinner at Artist Point

-At POR when we do the carriage ride.

Where would y'all suggest getting it from? And what flavors does it come in and what are the options for me to get it decorated?

TIA!!

If you order it for Artist Point you will be able to get it in pretty much any flavor except carrot cake or German chocolate cake. If you order it for Narcoossee's they will limit your flavor choices to all-chocolate or all-vanilla. The bakeries that service Cape May and POR may be a little more lenient with flavor choices, but ordering for POR will be most complicated. I think I'd go for Artist Point.

I know the two tier mini cakes are described as being able to serve 2 people. Can anyone tell me what is the actual size of each tier?

Geez... like a 1 1/2-inch atop a 3-inch maybe? People have reported here that they've split them among 2 adults and 2 kids, but that's only a few bites each. They are plenty for 2 adults though.

What size cake do I need to order to get a screen print? I may order from pop or the poly depending on which would be easier.

8 inches. Neither resort should be more difficult than the other if all you need is a basic cake with a screen print. :thumbsup2

Feeling a little frustrated, I've been playing a bit of phone tag with Pat from the Grand Floridian. I've been trying since last Monday to order a mini-cake for next Friday June 13. Every time I call, it goes directly to voicemail so I leave a message. Of course she returned my call at a time which I couldn't answer my phone but called back within minutes...and it went to voicemail again! We leave on our vacation early Sunday and I was really hoping to have this squared away before then!!

Hi there! I posted a few weeks ago, I was scheming for a birthday cake for my "lost boys" in June, and I was hoping we could have it delivered at BOG -- and we had success! (I know some were told they couldn't so maybe now they are giving the green light?) Anyhoo, I ordered an 8" chocolate with dark chocolate filling, and vanilla buttercream under the fondant that will decorate the whole cake. I sent a few inspiration photos, got connected to Brian at the Contemporary, he originally quoted me $135.00 for one version (but I didn't want the big white chocolate Peter topper) then $175.00 for a second (after I send him all my ideas) :eek: Then we agreed to $150.00 and he would make some adjustments to the order to fit that budget he said. Score! :thumbsup2 More than I have ever spent on birthday cake, but to be honest, I don't know that I can recall the last birthday cake I bought for all three of my guys! They are delivering to BOG at our dinner ressie. (they will box it, but can't hold it after dinner -- I'll have to take it and figure out what to do next). I will be sure to post, it is Neverland/Peterpan Lost Boy themed... Cant wait! They couldn't give me different cake flavors, so I will have to satisfy my husband's red velvet fix with a cupcake. :goodvibes No problem since we are staying at BLT! This darn thing better taste good :lmao: I guess with two adults and two kids, we will be eating cake with milk for breakfast in the room the next few days!!! Got it the first full day/night of our trip, so that leaves another 4 nights. I think we can make short work of it. I expected to pay over email/phone, but was told they are adding this to my dinner reservation/bill -- but I saw another post about the TIW... so if I get the 20% off -- is that rolled into the dinner bill, and then that tip is what the server would get, right? That auto 18% will be on the total bill, cake included, right? Can I ask for it to be separated? -- no discount? will it be two different people? Just wondered if anyone had more details.

I will definitely take a lot of photos!

Question for you experts! :)

I will be having Afternoon Tea at GF in November with a few of my friends (we are all meeting at Disney that weekend for the Jingle Jungle 5K)...I know we will be having dessert at Tea, but I was really wanting to have a cake made for us as well and that seems like a special time to do it. Is this possible? It will only be 6 of us, so I don't need a big one, but just want to mark this occasion with something special for us.

TIA for the help!! :)

Question for you experts! :)

I will be having Afternoon Tea at GF in November with a few of my friends (we are all meeting at Disney that weekend for the Jingle Jungle 5K)...I know we will be having dessert at Tea, but I was really wanting to have a cake made for us as well and that seems like a special time to do it. Is this possible? It will only be 6 of us, so I don't need a big one, but just want to mark this occasion with something special for us.

TIA for the help!! :)

Yes you can still do a cake at Tea.....I did the chocolate slipper for my girls, and I have seen several tables getting the round cakes with figures.

That auto 18% will be on the total bill, cake included, right? Can I ask for it to be separated? -- no discount? will it be two different people? Just wondered if anyone had more details.

Right. If you want the TIW discount on the cake, you'll have to pay an 18% gratuity on the price of the cake. I'd ask about getting the cake placed on a second check or, if they won't do that, having a manager reduce the amount of the auto-gratuity.

So we are staying at the Beach Club and was going to order a cake when we eat at Cape May Cafe with TIW discount. I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of asking for separate checks to avoid the 18% tip going on both the meal and the cake. How much is considered average tip for custom cake? And can I order from Boardwalk Bakery and pick up myself?

So we are staying at Beach Club and eating at Cape May Cafe using TIW discount. I want to order custom cake for my daughters birthday. Is it easier to order from Boardwalk bakery and pick up myself than having to deal with hassle of having them do separate bills? And what is average tip on a custom cake?

I hadn't thought about this until a recent question. Is one supposed to pay a tip for the cake? If you do who does the tip go to? That can add a lot to the tip if you have a group of 6+ w/ the automatic 18%. I'm not saying servers don't deserve an 18% tip, it just seems a bit much for a cake.

I'm wondering about ordering a cake for our little guy to celebrate his birthday on our upcoming trip. This will be the first time he is actually able to eat his birthday cake, because of special needs, so I figure what better place to do it.

My question is do you think they could do a Panda from It's a Small World/Small World cake? Even just an edible image one?

He is OBSESSED with his stuffed Small world Panda.

its-a-small-world-panda-plush-14.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any cakes available with Princess Tiana on them? OR anything from Princess and the Frog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter