Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited. I have ordered our third custom cake to be delivered to WCC. We have three graduations - my husband with his doctorate, our oldest DD with her bachelors (elementary education/special ed) and our youngest with her associates (fine art/dance) - she is transferring this fall to get her bachelors.

I have ordered an 8 inch white cake with white buttercream covered in blue fondant (quilted) teal mickey heads and piping and purple flowers. That covers their favorite colors. Then there will be a ballerina slipper for our youngest DD, a chalkboard and apple for our oldest DD and a scroll saying Dr. Ian "lastname" for my DH. There will also be a hand painted white chocolate Mickey and graduation cap.

Sent a confirmation email today - hoping to hear back that everything is set. Chef Brian did our last two cakes and they were beautiful. Glad to hear he is back. Can't wait to see this one. I will post pics when we get back from vacation. We check in and get the cake one month from today - June 1st.

Thanks for the info. Do you know who I would email about these cakes?

thanks

Also, at least for delivery to the MK restaurant at which I'm eating, they are not limited to just these mini cakes.

Although I did find the email helpful and informative, I will need a larger cake, so we are emailing back and forth, and getting it customized.

Just got back from my trip to Disney for my boyfriends 24th birthday! I ordered him a cake from Contemporary to be delivered to Artist Point on April 28th for his birthday dinner. I ordered a custom 8" fondant cake with 3 photos of his Jeep. I asked if they could do tire tracks around the cake as well as a mickey head made out of gears to go on top. My boyfriend is an engineer so I wanted gears placed around the cake as well. It came out AMAZING, he was so surprised! Chef Brian did an incredible job, couldn't be happier! The cake was marble cake with dark chocolate and fresh raspberry filling :) The cake came to around $130 after tax and gratuity.

10333728_10152070900657078_6998330573120639388_o.jpg

1512150_10152070900962078_8732806797192925215_o.jpg

10329869_10152070901722078_700109433148272016_o.jpg

Just got back from my trip to Disney for my boyfriends 24th birthday! I ordered him a cake from Contemporary to be delivered to Artist Point on April 28th for his birthday dinner. I ordered a custom 8" fondant cake with 3 photos of his Jeep. I asked if they could do tire tracks around the cake as well as a mickey head made out of gears to go on top. My boyfriend is an engineer so I wanted gears placed around the cake as well. It came out AMAZING, he was so surprised! Chef Brian did an incredible job, couldn't be happier! The cake was marble cake with dark chocolate and fresh raspberry filling :) The cake came to around $130 after tax and gratuity.

That is adorable!

Thank you! I had drawn up a sketch of what I wanted and they did an amazing job replicating! It was delicious, I should correct that the filling was dark chocolate mousse*

This gets me excited. I want a cake for our trip in a few weeks. You are a great designer

I ordered a mini cake about a week before our visit to California Grill. I sent them a picture of our wedding cake and asked them to replicate it. I was so happy with the results and it was absolutely delicious.

cake_zpsd0b706b7.jpg
[/URL]

Hi Lurkyloo/Carrie!

I have not been on the boards in forever, but I knew where to go with cake-related questions!;)

So I have a big birthday celebration for the three boys in my family (my DH included in the "boy" description). The challenge is that Boy 1 like Carrot cake and Red velvet, and Boy 2 and Boy 3 (going to be 9 and 12) wont have anything of the kind. I was looking at something "Peter Pan/Lost Boy" themed... I see the mini cake sizes, I wondered about the two layer wedding cake style, and then just a regular 6 or 8"... trying to sort out if I can get either two little cakes different flavors, or, two different flavored layers in a bigger cake? I thought maybe they could do some sort of bridge or elaborate thing between the two, I don't know. Anyhow, I am prepared to pay for the fancy cake/fondant stuff, that isn't the issue, just would love to give DH his part of the cake in a flavor OTHER than chocolate. Which is about the only kind one of my two kids will eat! :headache:

Also, IS there a crushed Oreo filling? And is it absolutely gross or any good? I saw some random FB picture/thread with that flavor.

We are having this birthday dinner at BOG, btw. Staying at BLT.

ALSO, we are headed to Aulani this summer! Wow, on your Vow renewal, like I said I have not been on these boards FOREVER, and I will have to check it out, b/c I am excited to plan the week there.

Thanks for any cake comments!

HD

I ordered a mini cake about a week before our visit to California Grill. I sent them a picture of our wedding cake and asked them to replicate it. I was so happy with the results and it was absolutely delicious.

Looks delicious! :thumbsup2

So I have a big birthday celebration for the three boys in my family (my DH included in the "boy" description). The challenge is that Boy 1 like Carrot cake and Red velvet, and Boy 2 and Boy 3 (going to be 9 and 12) wont have anything of the kind. I was looking at something "Peter Pan/Lost Boy" themed... I see the mini cake sizes, I wondered about the two layer wedding cake style, and then just a regular 6 or 8"... trying to sort out if I can get either two little cakes different flavors, or, two different flavored layers in a bigger cake? I thought maybe they could do some sort of bridge or elaborate thing between the two, I don't know. Anyhow, I am prepared to pay for the fancy cake/fondant stuff, that isn't the issue, just would love to give DH his part of the cake in a flavor OTHER than chocolate. Which is about the only kind one of my two kids will eat!

My first idea was to do a "mini-maxi cake" like the one we got at the Contemporary for our last anniversary—it was a 3-inch cake atop a 5-inch cake, so you could do the special flavor for your husband as the smaller tier and chocolate for the kids in the bottom. However, there may be a thing where they can't do special flavors that small—I know the GF won't do mini carrot cakes, but maybe that's just them... Also, in the past there's been a limit on what would fit in the fridge at BOG—dunno if that's been lifted...

Otherwise, you might be best just getting 2 mini cakes, one for the kids and one for the grownups. A 6-inch is going to be way more cake than you need, especially if half the group doesn't like whatever flavor you get.

Also, IS there a crushed Oreo filling? And is it absolutely gross or any good? I saw some random FB picture/thread with that flavor.

The only Oreo-filling cakes I've seen were by non-Disney bakeries, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask. I get the sense that they can do a lot more than just basic flavors but no one ever asks.

ALSO, we are headed to Aulani this summer! Wow, on your Vow renewal, like I said I have not been on these boards FOREVER, and I will have to check it out, b/c I am excited to plan the week there.

Thanks for any cake comments!

Oh boy, you are gonna have SO much fun at Aulani! :hyper:

We're going to be going to WDW for my son's 5th birthday in December. He REALLY wants a Darth Vader cake. Has anyone had a Darth Vader cake done at WDW?
Thanks!

When do I pay for the cake, especially if I get it sent to our room and we're not in the room?

When do I pay for the cake, especially if I get it sent to our room and we're not in the room?

We just had a 6-inch cake delivered to our room at Poly a couple weeks ago. I called whatever number is listed in this thread and I ultimately ended up on the line with private dining at Poly. She took my credit card number over the phone and charged my card right then. When I got home, I noticed another charge of $20ish from them on my card and I assume this was for delivery/tip/whatever fees, which is fine because I wasn't sure how to go about tipping.

We were not in our room at the time of delivery, so it was a nice surprise for my girls when we walked in! I posted pics in this thread -- would've been sometime around April 20.

Thinking about doing the princess package at CRT for my daughter's fifth birthday in September. We have lunch reservations. I know they won't store the cake, so what does everyone do with the leftover cake if they are not planning to go back to their resort until late in the evening? There are only three of us, so I know there would be leftovers.

Sometimes people put them in a locker. You could even bring a food storage container if you wanted something sturdier than the cardboard bakery box (unless that would give away the surprise!). I'd ask for buttercream instead of mousse filling if you go that route, so there's nothing to spoil.

Wondering if anyone can help with this... Am I too late to order a cake with Chef Brian for this Friday?

bfkieb.jpg

If I want a cake like this (cake only) up themed with Carl and Ellie chocolate image who do I call to order it? I've looked through all the info and I'm just confused on what to do. I'm sorry for asking this :(

Wondering if anyone can help with this... Am I too late to order a cake with Chef Brian for this Friday?

They only need 72 hours' notice. My fingers can't count that high, but I think you're still OK if you call, like, right NOW.

If I want a cake like this (cake only) up themed with Carl and Ellie chocolate image who do I call to order it? I've looked through all the info and I'm just confused on what to do. I'm sorry for asking this :(

It depends on where you want the cake delivered. Go to Post #2 and find the park or resort where you want to have the cake. The phone number is listed right next to the name. Describe what you want or ask for an email address so you can send in a photo. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter