Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, when we check in for our meal at Whispering Canyon Café, I simply need to tell them at the podium that I would like a simple chocolate birthday cake w/ candles and they will bring it to our table at the end of the meal? $23? *If so, that is awesome* THANKS!!!

Yep! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I am wondering if I can go into the Boardwalk Bakery and get a gluten free cake on the spot? I need a cake for my daughter's 22 birthday and my husband is Celiac.
Thanks Tammy

I am wondering if I can go into the Boardwalk Bakery and get a gluten free cake on the spot? I need a cake for my daughter's 22 birthday and my husband is Celiac.
Thanks Tammy

I do not believe that anyplace, aside from Erin McKenna's, carries gluten free cakes already made. You would need to call and order ahead of time.

I'm not even sure you can get a regular cake at EM without preordering. Cupcakes maybe but not sure if they have full size cakes on hand. From their website it looks like they have small prepackaged desserts available but mentions calling for cake orders.

Yeah, I just called to double check and they said you'd need to order in advance. But that way you can ask for special decorations too!

I emailed the Contemporary and was quoted $89 for a 6 inch with chocolate painted figure on top. If I'm reading the email correctly, I still need to phone the cake line to actually place the order. Does that sound correct?

Yes. You work out what you want with the pastry chef, then place the actual order with Private Dining (by calling them directly or wading through the prompts on the Cake Hotline). Then they match up your order with the info the chef took down.

Arriving in two days. Ordered Haunted Mansion-themed 2-tier mini cake and originally planned to just do purple fondant with black accents and "Welcome Foolish Mortals" on the plate. I prefer more streamlined designs without a lot of stuff, but after seeing the photos of the princess cakes with the 2D images that were so tastefully prepared and placed, I decided to add a 2D image of a hitchhiking ghost. Also provided a photo of the princess cakes from this thread to convey the general idea that the 2D image is small and not overpowering. I'll post a photo when we return!

Interestingly, the mini cake is $60 and the 6" cake with fondant, fondant clouds and balloons and a painted chocolate goofy that I ordered at the same time last year was $68. If I ordered that 6" this year, it would have been $89!

So I'm reading and reading and I'm just not certain that I'm able to answer my question. It appears that my only option is the standard cake but I want to be sure I'm not wrong. We will be having my DD's 12th Bday dinner at BOG April 9. Can I customize a 6 inch cake with magic kingdon cakes? Nothing fancy no fondant we just want it to be Minnie themed like the mini princess Minnie cake just a bit larger for our party of 5.

You can get completely customized cakes at Be Our Guest now, you just may have to go back and forth with the Magic Kingdom Cakes department a couple times first. They like to send out generic info first, and you have to really make the point that you want something custom before they'll send your request to the Contemporary's pastry team.

I got permission from a recent Disney bride to share her amazing four-sided wedding cake with you. It was made by the Grand Floridian's pastry team. Each side has a different theme: Alice in Wonderland, Space Mountain, Radiator Springs/Cars Land and Haunted Mansion!

Alice%20Side.jpg

Space%20Mountain%20Side.jpg

Cars%20Land%20Side.jpg

Haunted%20Mansion%20Side.jpg

You can get a the standard Mickey-shaped cake at any Disney-owned restaurant on property.

Has anyone ordered a cake for Pirates and Pals? We are doing that for my DD's bday after dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Debating where I want the cake from - and was not sure if you could even get one for Pirates and Pals.

Yes. A cake for the cruise will be made by the Contemporary Resort bakery, since that's where you meet the cruise.

Yes. A cake for the cruise will be made by the Contemporary Resort bakery, since that's where you meet the cruise.

Thanks - that is what I thought...now to decide where to have it delivered. I think that at 1900 at least we will be sitting down and can enjoy easier than on the cruise and dessert party. Decisions Decisions :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter