• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official DISDad's Halloween Thread

I renamed the thread

To: Official DISDad's Halloween Thread

I figured we could BUMP it next year... so we have history to compare to. :)

Well wasnt that smart of you!!!:thumbsup2

Everyone: Very creative costumes with the kids. And the house decorations, Wow.

Better get out the shot gun... those boys are watching her intently ;)

Love this classroom pic!

According to her and her friends the boys are in their geeky stage and not very interesting. Haven't broken it to her that she needs to get used to it, we don't change much. I also like the classroom pic. Have to find out who took it.

A friend of mine posted this on FB. "The 6 worst Halloween candies." Thought you would enjoy. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Everyone: Very creative costumes with the kids. And the house decorations, Wow.

A friend of mine posted this on FB. "The 6 worst Halloween candies." Thought you would enjoy. Can't figure out what the problem is.

:scared1: I must have eaten somewhere around 50-75 of the reese's pumpkins this month. I am not kidding. Everytime I see them in the store I buy them. I am about to go to target for a few things. I am hoping they'll have some left. :rotfl2:

The Ninja
Ninga.jpg

The Devil
Devil.jpg

Both (with the jack-o-lanterns in the background)
both.jpg

Nice! :thumbsup2 I always wanted to be a ninja!

As promised, here we are during the Halloween Party on the Dream. It was supposed to be held up on deck 12 by the pool, but rain forced us into the grand atrium on deck 3. DD is a Bumble bee, DW is a butterly, DS is Anakin Skywalker, and I'm Obi Wan Kenobi. There was supposed to be trick or treating during the party, but since the venue had changed, they didn't have enough time or space to get it set up. So they pulled out the ship's roster and delivered bags of candy to each stateroom with a child registered in it. And not just crappy candy - good stuff like Resses PB cups, M&Ms, Snickers, etc. Huge kudos to DCL for that!

3932913.jpg

Wow Barry, that's great that DCL made sure to deliver candy, but I take issue with the fact that they only delivered to rooms with children... especially when we're talking about peanut butter cups. I know you missed this conversation while you were on the boat, but there's a bit of a push from a few of us Dads to make them another official food of the DDC!:thumbsup2

Here's last year's costumes from when we were on the Disney Dream. Bambi was a butterfly, Madison a Bee, Evan was Evakin Skywalker, I was Barry-Wan Kenobi.

3932913.jpg

Going back in time, we have Woody and Mulan in 2010:

IMG_2464.JPG

2009 at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with Buzz and Cinderella:

IMG_7206.JPG

2008, Minnie Mouse and Jack Sparrow:

IMG_2750.JPG

2007, Belle and Eeyore (remember that Eeyore costume. You may see it again)

Kids%25201858.jpg

2006, Eeyore and ...well, Evan was only 2 weeks old. The orange sleeper was as close to a costume as he was getting. (remember that Eeyore costume. You may see it again)

Kids%2520118.jpg

This year, Madison is going as cat and Evan is going to be a baseball umpire. Ryder is going to be ..... wait for it..... EEYORE! Yes! 3 Halloweens out of one costume! How's that for value!?!? I'll post pictures once everyone is all dressed up.

We skipped out on this year DW didn't think it was worth it. After seeing several post and comments from friends who have gone she is feeling salty about not partaking this year.

Are those the only two choices?

Yes.

Too early in the morning for spirits. You should try caffeine.:coffee:

Who said?

Here's last year's costumes from when we were on the Disney Dream. Bambi was a butterfly, Madison a Bee, Evan was Evakin Skywalker, I was Barry-Wan Kenobi.

This year, Madison is going as cat and Evan is going to be a baseball umpire. Ryder is going to be ..... wait for it..... EEYORE! Yes! 3 Halloweens out of one costume! How's that for value!?!? I'll post pictures once everyone is all dressed up.

Good pics.

We did two MNSSHP this year.

First party. Family Soccer team.

temporary-167.jpg

temporary-170.jpg

Second party.

Ballerina.

temporary-2278.jpg

Cat.

temporary-783.jpg

There's that Jack Skellngton tshirt again. Self-pic.

temporary-2065.jpg

Looks like a couple of good parties.

How do you pronounce Daviess County? Is it like davess or davey?

Looks like a couple of good parties.

How do you pronounce Daviess County? Is it like davess or davey?

More like a combination of the two. Supposed to be Davey-s county, but the locals somehow get it between that and Davis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter