~Official DIS boards "Random Acts of Kindness" thread~

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
I thought it would be a good idea to have one place where you can post about the nice thing (or things) you did for someone today. It's not about bragging, and it doesn't have to be huge, but hopefully your actions will inspire someone else to commit a random act of kindness too.

Also this is the place to post if someone did something nice for you today, and maybe say thank-you. Even though they'll never read it, we'd like to.

It is my hope that everyone will have a reason to visit this thread often and that it will continue to grow daily with more and more stories of kindness. :sunny: :flower:

Well my son did a random act of kindness last week. For his 10th birthday he had a party but instead of receiving gifts he asked that instead people bring donations for the local animal shelter. People brought tons of stuff for the animal shelter and we dropped the stuff off last week and they were so happy to get all of the stuff. My wife and I were quite proud of my son for doing that. :goodvibes :) :paw:

My daughters birthday is in December (she'll be 7) and we asked her if she wanted to do the same thing and she was like...no way...she said I'll wait until I'm 10. We got a good laugh out of that. :rotfl:

thats sooo nice of your son!

im doing a recording for a charity on a cd...which is why i should be going soon! Wish me luck!

I took DD to Ghirardelli for ice cream after school. She'd had a hard day. Of course, I must admit that I had some as well!

Quackmore said:
Well my son did a random act of kindness last week. For his 10th birthday he had a party but instead of receiving gifts he asked that instead people bring donations for the local animal shelter. People brought tons of stuff for the animal shelter and we dropped the stuff off last week and they were so happy to get all of the stuff. My wife and I were quite proud of my son for doing that. :goodvibes :) :l:

Now that is heartwarming. You and your wife deserve to be proud of your son.

My DH stopped at Best Buy on his way home from work this afternoon and surprised me with the new Big and Rich CD :goodvibes

My mom spent the night last night. DH made coffee before he left for work and DS 9 got coffee for Grandma when she woke up.

I made banana muffins on Sun. and sent them to work with my dh for eveyone he works with. Wanted to send them all yesterday, but dh said I'm not taking all of those and than when he got home said he wished he would have, so the rest went in today.

I mailed a pair of gold Mickey ears to a fellow DISer for a family member. She said he was disappointed that she did not bring him back a pair. I went to DTD and got them embroidered and sent them out to him today.

Not today but last week I may have stopped my neighbor's dog from being taken away.

They have a very old great Dane. It's also very thin, which might explain why this dog has reached the age of 12. Anyway, there is always food and water outside for him and he has his own house out in the backyard. I'm not much of a dog person but Bowzer is one of the nicest and gentlest dogs I've ever met.

It seems someone called animal control and reported he was being abused because he's so skinny. The neighbors weren't home and I just happened to be outside throwing away some branches when I saw the dog officer. I asked him if everything was OK and he told me about the call. I offered to bring him into their backyard to see the dog and when he saw the set up there he told me he wished all the abuse calls ended up like this one. No report was filed against them and my neighbors were very appreciative that I took the time to speak up on their behalf.

Just made me feel good all over and reminded me once again that timing is everything. Thank goodness I was putting out the trash!

Feralpeg said:
I mailed a pair of gold Mickey ears to a fellow DISer for a family member. She said he was disappointed that she did not bring him back a pair. I went to DTD and got them embroidered and sent them out to him today.

That was so sweet of you! :sunny:

I watch my cousin everyday because his parents work so much that thier son was living in another state with his grandma from monday through friday and my uncle only got his son on the weekends and they missed him so much that since I live down the street from my uncle and his wife I took over babysitting for awhile just so they can be with thier little boy everyday.

Katelyn 1.17.04
Hayley 8.16.05

Today we had some unexpected help. Last night we got over a foot of snow and DH barely made it out to work. We weren't sure how he was going to make it back in as we don't have a snowblower or plow. (Last winter we had a relative doing it for us.) Anyways, my mom was in the same boat. She lives up the road from us and she was also snowed in. Luckily she was off today.

We had been on the phone in the morning trying to figure things out. Then I get a call from her saying that a guy in a big red truck with a plow on it had pulled into her driveway and asked if she needed to be plowed. She said yes and asked him if he would do our driveway too.

So this guy plowed both driveways (mine is very long and far from the road) for just 20 bucks. It was so weird that he just came out of nowhere right when we needed him and offered to do it and for what I thought was a very cheap price. He did a good job too.
So thank-you again to this nice man where ever you are. :)

I'm going to keep bumping this up because I'm an optimist and I hope that especially at this time of year we wiil have alot to add to this thread.

It doesn't have to be something grand. Maybe you just held the door open for a poor soul struggling with a lot of packages and a baby stroller. Or maybe someone did that for you.

I just would love to see this thread be one of the really long ones, wouldn't you? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter