***Official December 2022 Thread***

Jumping in. I was hesitant because I have had to cancel 4 -2DL and 2WDW -trips the past two+ years. 2 were due to Covid, 2 were due to my mom’s health (she has cancer) , but we are finally going!
I am traveling with my mom and aunt to celebrate my 50th, and the twins 80th and my mom‘s body responding well to her cancer treatments. My husband was going to come for part of it, but the split stay situation was just a nightmare so we are going to wait and go next year to DL for our anniversary and hopefully take our grandkids.

In any event we are staying at the CBR from 3-14. I have all our dining booked and one droid experience for me.
We are doing Sci for Fantasmic our last night.
GG for Josh Gad CL
Skipper Canteen for my amusement
Space 220
Ogas
and the Mexican restaurant solely for the big pyramid dessert on our first day.

Very excited, but overwhelmed with all the changes since my last visit. Fortunately the twins are very go with the flow and will just follow me blindly. They enjoy all the shows and parades and old lady/kid rides so it will just be me on the hard to get rides, so I can send them to ride Buzz Lightyear over and over while I wait for 7 Dwarfs. Not sure what to do with them while I wait for FoP, but we will figure it out!

This will be my first WDW Christmas, cannot wait to see. The twins took a solo trip around Christmas time 10 years ago, I think we go during Halloween but wanted to see Christmas this year. Super excited about the puppets at Animal Kingdom

very excited to finally be going back and to be celebrating so much!

Dining reservations are all finalized! I had to call an audible and book one secondary choice, but overall I'm very happy with the ADR's we got and the times for each meal are perfect. We are also doing the Enchantment Dessert After-Party, the Behind the Seeds Tour, and the Wild Africa Trek on this trip! My in-laws have no clue about these extras so I'm looking forward to seeing their reaction for each. I'm STOKED for the WAK.

Glad we bit the bullet and pre-paid for Genie+ when we first booked the trip back in 2021. I don't even want to guess what the price will be per person per day during the Christmas to NYE time. Only 59 days until our trip....this is the part when time slows down at a glacial pace. I. CAN'T. WAIT!

ADR's
  • 12/25 - Flying Fish Dinner
  • 12/27 - Ale & Compass Breakfast / Oga's Cantina Drinks at Park Close
  • 12/29 - Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner (Fantasmic Dining Package)
  • 12/30 - Jungle Skipper Canteen Dinner
  • 12/31 - Wine Bar George Brunch / Via Napoli Dinner
  • 1/1 - Jiko Dinner (will be scouring to switch it out for Boma between now and Christmas)
  • 1/2 - Space 220 Lunch

Dining reservations are all finalized! I had to call an audible and book one secondary choice, but overall I'm very happy with the ADR's we got and the times for each meal are perfect. We are also doing the Enchantment Dessert After-Party, the Behind the Seeds Tour, and the Wild Africa Trek on this trip! My in-laws have no clue about these extras so I'm looking forward to seeing their reaction for each. I'm STOKED for the WAK.

Glad we bit the bullet and pre-paid for Genie+ when we first booked the trip back in 2021. I don't even want to guess what the price will be per person per day during the Christmas to NYE time. Only 59 days until our trip....this is the part when time slows down at a glacial pace. I. CAN'T. WAIT!

ADR's
  • 12/25 - Flying Fish Dinner
  • 12/27 - Ale & Compass Breakfast / Oga's Cantina Drinks at Park Close
  • 12/29 - Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner (Fantasmic Dining Package)
  • 12/30 - Jungle Skipper Canteen Dinner
  • 12/31 - Wine Bar George Brunch / Via Napoli Dinner
  • 1/1 - Jiko Dinner (will be scouring to switch it out for Boma between now and Christmas)
  • 1/2 - Space 220 Lunch
Looks like a great list! We're doing Behind the Seeds as well. Not going to AK this time but would love to do the Wild Africa Trek sometime. Have a great trip!

Wish I could go back in time and get those tickets! Kicking myself!!!

ADR day today. Grabbed dessert parties at midnight for 12/28 and 12/31 (pre party on check in date so hopefully our flight gets to MCO at 3 pm

No Fantasmic packages
No Boma
Horseback riding opened at 8:20 am
Starlight Safari booked at midnight

I hated having to divide up reservations but the system didn’t like a party of 5

12/28 Enchantment pre party 1st show (will be changed Christmastime parade per news release)
12/28 BOG dinner (4 and 1)
12/29 Topolinos dinner (4 and 1)
12/30 Tusker (4 and 1) or Steakhouse71 (4 and 1) dinner
12/30 Starlight Safari
12/31 Enchantment pre party (1st show)
12/31 Steakhouse brunch and BOG dinner
1/1 Oga lunch, Sci fi lunch, Ohana dinner
1/2 Space220 lounge lunch (2+2+1), Ohana dinner or Space220 dinner
1/3 Topolinos breakfast

I hated having to divide up reservations but the system didn’t like a party of 5
Yeah, the system doesn't like odd numbers for whatever reason. What you could do is book for 6 and then only show up for 5. There is no penalty (i.e. cancellation fee) for doing that. There's only an issue if you book for 4 and show up with 5. Not sure how that works with dessert parties though.

I will be doing a solo trip Dec 3-10. I’ve rented DVC point so will be doing a triple split stay. I will be at the Poly then BLT and then OKW. I’m so excited since the Poly is my bucket list hotel and never thought I would be able to stay Deluxe but it is cheaper doing this then staying at a Value. I’ve already picked my MB for Poly and OKW, they are specific to the resorts and am just waiting to see if they release one for The Contemporary. I’m used to staying at POP so this will be an experience. 😊😊
Triple stay. Keep us posted. I have done a split stay and find it hard with the food storage.

Yeah, the system doesn't like odd numbers for whatever reason. What you could do is book for 6 and then only show up for 5. There is no penalty (i.e. cancellation fee) for doing that. There's only an issue if you book for 4 and show up with 5. Not sure how that works with dessert parties though.
This happended to us too but we got seated close together.

Who wants to join us?

Christmas travelers:

4stroke - November 13-20 - BLT
Disneytrippin’ - November 24-December 5 - Boulder Ridge Villas
debedo - November 24-December 6 - Pop/SSR/GF
ilovetotravel - November 27 - December 4 - Pop
mdoc - November 27 - December 2 - All Star Movies
JasonV - November 27- December 6 - POFQ
Wood Nymph - November 29 - December 3 - GF / CBR
Mirax - November 29 - December 4 - Dolphin / CBR
SapphireRose915 - November 30 - December 4 - All Star Sports
janjan324 - December 1-5 - All Star Sports
pixiedust2u - December 1-5 - Poly
MsT82 - December 1-8 - OKW / Kidani Village
sunflow3r - December 1-9
magrudersmakes3 - December 1-12 - Gran Destino Tower
StitchyPoo81 - December 2-10 - Merrytime Cruise / Pop
Mischievous Daisy - December 2-10 - Contemporary
Melissa Perez - December 2-8 - GF2
disneyfam1986 - December 2-11 - Poly
Disturbia - December 2-4 - TBA
Kellyh123 - December 2-11 - BWV / Kidani Village
ItsMEH - December 2-11 - AOA
littlestarfish - December 2-11 - Pop / Wilderness Lodge
eilonwywanderer - December 2-11 - Grand Floridian Villas
Eve & Wall-e - December 2-6 - POFQ
Avery & Todd - December 3-6 - Offsite
lucille42 - December 3-8 - Offsite
joules12 - December 3-10 - AKL
skellinton - December 3-14 - CBR
KNovacovschi - December 3-10 - Poly / BLT / OKW
pixiegoose - December 3-10 - Pop / YC
jppeek - December 3-10 - Saratoga Springs
marthachick - December 3-10 - All Star Movies
buzzrelly - December 3-10 - Bay Lake Tower
mwmom - December 4–9 - WL / Swan
The10sPro - December 4-10 - Pop
liquid17 - December 5-16 - POFQ
mickey916 - December 6-13 - Swan
Aims127 - December 6-11 - Riviera
eeyore3277 - December 6-13- Pop
rangerxenos - December 6-14 - Gran Destino
esmecullen - December 7-11 - POFQ
georgina - December 7-13 - Universal / Swan
Kirsti - December 8-15 - Boardwalk / Beach Club Villas
suse66 - December 9-13 - Boulder Ridge Villas
Bird003 - December 9-13 - Dolphin
Twilight Sparkle - December 9-16 - AKL Jambo
bobbiwoz - December 9-15 - OKW / BLT / BWV
bbeagle - December 9-23 - Poly
LoveDaisy - December 10-16 - BWI
Michelleybelle - December 10-17 - Swan / Kidani
bakenatj - December 10-17 - Riviera
Disneyfan2kids - December 10-17 - SSR
morrison2951 - December 10-17 - Off Site
Meglen - December 10-18 - POFQ / GFV
Graciesmom77 - December 11-16 - Off Site
Maryj11 - December 11-17 - Pop / Poly
mom2jax - December 11-17 - POR
TeamJacob - December 11-20 - Poly / Dolphin
bas71873 - December 12-17 - POFQ
Drewsdad - December 12-17 - Beach Club
DduzDis - December 13-17 - BWV
maryj11 - December 13-17 - Poly
spm2323 - December 14-January 1 - SSR
emmabelle - December 14-18 - POR / Swan
buckeev - December 14-22 - Copper Creek
justrose - December 14-18 - Pop
Gentry2004 - December 16-24 - ASM
Gentry2004 - December 16-24 - Off Site
HHMcG - December 17-20 - CBR
Castlequeen5 - December 17-22 - ASMu
MinnieMouse09 - December 17-22 - Dolphin
RealBlast3 - December 17-23 - Pop
Kiddywhompus - December 17-24 - Poly
zebrastreyepz - December 18-26 - ASMu
MrsHam - December 19-24 - SSR
Potterfanatic - December 21-26 - Off Site
pryncess527 - December 21-30 - GF
SJ Disney - December 22-30 - Fort Wilderness
LisaL - December 22-29 - OKW
gja360 - December 23-January 1 - Pop
nhanifan - December 23-31 - Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs
smugpugmug - December 24-January 1 - BC / AKL / SSR
Cynner - December 24-January 2 - WLV / Swan
cjlong88 - December 25-January 2 - Yacht Club
JJ2017 - December 25-31 - Off Site
TK001 - December 26-January 1 - ASM
Pamsoup81 - December 26-January 1 - POR
mmtwinmama - December 27-January 2 - Swan
Disturbia - December 28-January 3 - Poly
xlsm - December 28-January 4 - Poly
bobbiwoz - December 29- January 1 - BLT
DLmama - December 30-January 7 - POFQ
MFG - December 30-January 6 - Wilderness Lodge
DancinMama - December 6-11 - Pop

Alright, today was my final time booking ADRs for my stay (I know, changing rooms this many times stinks but couldn't get availability for a full week anywhere). It wasn't too difficult but we didn't go after any of the super difficult ADRs. Also looking forward to trying some non Disney places for a change of pace. Here's the full lineup - super excited!

12/24 - Le Coq Au Vinn dinner - have never been here but my mom has and she said it's excellent. It's in Orlando.
12/25 - Ale and Compass breakfast and Shula's dinner
12/26 - Jiko dinner
12/27 - Whispering Canyon dinner
12/28 - La Creperie de Paris breakfast and Topolino's dinner
12/29 - Cowfish dinner (Universal)
12/30 - Bull and Bear dinner (Waldorf Astoria)
12/31 - Jaleo dinner
1/1 - Cape May Cafe breakfast

Excited to find this thread and get added to the added to the list. We've got MVMCP tickets on 12/6 which is the day we get to Disney. We went to the After Hours Christmas event last year and loved it so much we couldn't resist coming back this year to try MVMCP!

I wasn't too concerned about making ADRs this time because we don't want to spend a ton of extra money or take up a lot of extra time at restaurants, but something the whole family loves is getting the latest reservation at BOG and then leaving the park after closing. (Granted, the other times we did that were September 2020 and February 2021 so the parks closed way earlier than they do now.) Tonight I decided to try for a late BOG and managed to get 9:50pm on a 10pm close night. I know we're crazy eating so late because we'll have to snack or eat something small earlier in the night, but I'm excited anyway!

Here are our plans:
12/6 - Arrive in Orlando around 1pm, Check in at POP, Visit the Gingerbread House at GF and then head to the Christmas party at 4pm
12/7 - AK and 9:30pm reservations at Beaches & Cream for late meal/ice cream (we've never been there and I've always wanted to try it)
12/8 - HS and Oga's Cantina at 4:30pm (we've never been able to get in before so it's exciting to check it out for the first time)
12/9 - Epcot
12/10 - MK and 9:50pm BOG
12/11 - Disney Springs/Resort hop to see decorations and then head to the airport for a late flight home to MN

I think my plans/ADRs are pretty set now...except for my last day.

12/5 - flight gets in noonish. Uber to POFQ. MK open till 9, no G+ or ADRs. Hopefully fireworks!

12/6 - AK early entry, Yak and Yeti 1:00. Probably no G+, but $LL for FOP. No evening plans.

12/7 – HS early entry. G+ and $LL for RotR. Boatwrights (POR) 6:15 pm. Maybe the River Roost or Scat Cat’s afterwards.

12/8 – EP early entry. Probably G+, VQ and/or $LL for Guardians. No ADRs, just enjoying the Festival. NOT staying for Harmonious.

12/9 – MK early entry. Possibly G+, $LL for 7DMT. Leaving by 4 for an evening at DS. Edison 6:00. Hopefully Jock Lindsey’s afterwards!

12/10 – Day off! Sleep in, laundry, relax. Plan is to go to the GF and check out the decorations, then head to the Contemporary for California Grill 6:45 and fireworks! Planning an Uber back to POFQ.

12/11 – HS. Possibly getting a later start and stacking G+ for the afternoon/evening, but we don’t want to stay too late either. I am trying to have every other night as an early to bed night. Not sure how this day will play out! Oga’s Cantina 12:15. Not planning Fantasmic! for this trip.

12/12 – AK early entry/hop to EP. G+?. Plan is to leave AK 2-3ish, head to BW/BC to check out the decorations, then get to EP 5ish. Space 220 Lounge 6:30. Possibly Harmonious?

12/13 – MK early entry. G+. Skipper Canteen 1:30. Stay till it closes @6, no evening plans.

12/14 = My Birthday! EP but maybe not early entry. G+. Coral Reef CP Pkg 1:00. CP 5:15. Possibly Harmonious?

12/15 – our last full day and the one I’m still working on. I think I'll do a separate post after I have finished thinking it through!

We just got confirmation for our hotel stay for corporate travel. We got 2 rooms (for 5 of us) at Four Seasons. Didn’t think that was an option. Put in a request for Character breakfast.

Maybe in a week or so we will know more about the event.

Last edited:
Going 12/26 - 12/31 staying in CBR Party of 5: myself (33), DW (32), DS (7), DD(2), and MIL (60)

Trip is a surprise Christmas present for the kids. Invited along MIL to have an extra set of hands. We know with DD there will be a lot of start-stopping and the potential for meltdowns is always there, so outnumbering the kids was important for us.

Booked the trip in October '21 and DW has had a blast planning out every minute detail for the past year. It's finally almost here! Honestly there is so much to learn/understand that I am glad we booked so far out. I feel about as prepared as one can be for one of the busiest weeks of the year at DW. Last time I was in DW was 17 years ago, DW 25 years ago, and DS, DD, and MIL have never been.

Back when we booked it you could still purchase G+ in advance so I did for all six days. The combination of an extremely busy week and young kids made G+ feel like a necessity to me.

Schedule is as follows:

12/25 - After presents, hop in the car and head down to Orlando (live in NC so only about 7 hours). Meet up with MIL who's spending Xmas in Florida and go to our hotel for one night

12/26 - MK

12/27 - Topolino's for breakfast, Epcot

12/28 - HS. DW and I have a Boathouse reservation for 7:45 that night (date night)

12/29 - AK. Tusker House lunch

12/30 - HS again. Akershus for dinner

12/31 - MK again

Last edited:
Just 52 days to my end of year Disney Trip 2022. Going from Decmber 26-January 4. Will be leaving home and driving to Orlando on 12/26 (about an 11 hour trip), arriving at Coronado Springs that afternoon/evening to check in. As I am going with extended family I may actually be moving over to All Star Music where they are staying if any rooms open up there or they can find space in one of their rooms to shove me in, lol. That evening will just be a get checked in and rest day after the long drive. Starting 12/27-12/30 will be hitting the parks running. No final decisions have been made yet on which parks we are doing which days, but if I had my druthers, it would be MK, Epcot, HS and AK in that order. We also plan on spending a day or possibly two at Universal Studios. I think I might end up more tired at the end of this vacation then when I started, but it will be so worth it. It's been more than 15 years since the last time I was at Disney and even longer than that since I went to Universal Studios.

So many things to see and do, so currently I am agonizing (haha) over my absolutely must dos versus the things I would really like to do if I can fit them in versus the things I can do without. I really like coasters and thrill rides as well as shows of all sorts, so if anyone has any suggestions on rides/shows/restaurants/etc. I should try or the best way to make it around the parks during this very busy time of year, feel free to send them my way. For the most part, while I will be there with extended family, a lot of it will be more like I was there solo during the various park days. We are most likely to get together for meals.

Just 52 days to my end of year Disney Trip 2022. Going from Decmber 26-January 4. Will be leaving home and driving to Orlando on 12/26 (about an 11 hour trip), arriving at Coronado Springs that afternoon/evening to check in. As I am going with extended family I may actually be moving over to All Star Music where they are staying if any rooms open up there or they can find space in one of their rooms to shove me in, lol. That evening will just be a get checked in and rest day after the long drive. Starting 12/27-12/30 will be hitting the parks running. No final decisions have been made yet on which parks we are doing which days, but if I had my druthers, it would be MK, Epcot, HS and AK in that order. We also plan on spending a day or possibly two at Universal Studios. I think I might end up more tired at the end of this vacation then when I started, but it will be so worth it. It's been more than 15 years since the last time I was at Disney and even longer than that since I went to Universal Studios.

So many things to see and do, so currently I am agonizing (haha) over my absolutely must dos versus the things I would really like to do if I can fit them in versus the things I can do without. I really like coasters and thrill rides as well as shows of all sorts, so if anyone has any suggestions on rides/shows/restaurants/etc. I should try or the best way to make it around the parks during this very busy time of year, feel free to send them my way. For the most part, while I will be there with extended family, a lot of it will be more like I was there solo during the various park days. We are most likely to get together for meals.
Many parks have sold out. You can’t enter with a ticket alone. You need a park pass reservation (for each person over 3). 12/29 you can’t go to HS as it’s sold out. Rest should be fine.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

Many parks have sold out. You can’t enter with a ticket alone. You need a park pass reservation (for each person over 3). 12/29 you can’t go to HS as it’s sold out. Rest should be fine.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets
Thanks for the heads up. I was aware of that and we are working with a Disney travel agent to help with getting our reservations for the parks (and various other things) set up. I've been keeping an eye on the dates we will be there to make sure that they don't fill up before we get our reservations in, lol. I had noted that 12/29, HS was full up. Like I said it was just my druthers, but I knew things were subject to change depending on a lot of different factors.

As Distubia suggested, everyone in your group needs to make park reservations for each day of your trip very soon, so you don’t get shut out of the parks you want You are going at one of the most crowded times so advanced planning will be a good idea. Hopefully someone in your group has made some dining reservations as many popular locations are already full for your dates.

Attachments

• E8C3FA39-AF87-4BA8-96FB-DFE84F1FBD38.png
    E8C3FA39-AF87-4BA8-96FB-DFE84F1FBD38.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter