• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2017 thread!

16 days 6 hours and 46 minutes, but who's counting
Dec 3-9
Ohana
Garden Grill
1900 Park Fare
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Grand Floridian Cafe
Hollywood & Vine
My grandsons first visit

As our flight doesn't arrive until 5.30pm (and after about 28 hours of travel time :eek: ), we've decided to change our 1 night reservation for before our cruise from Pop Century, to the Hyatt at MCO. So our Disney trip details are now as follows :D

12/2-12/9 Disney Fantasy Cruise
12/9-12/23 All Star Music MVMCP 12, 17 and 22nd Dec
12/23-12/25 Disneyland

::MickeyMo

27 days for our ADRs. We got the free dining and upgraded to the plan with the 1 T/S per day, so I'm doing reservations. Right now I have on my list:
Tusker house
BOG if I can get it - thinking lunch time
Crystal Palace
Debating H&V for breakfast to get in early for Jedi training sign up, or Prime Time Cafe for lunch in H/S
Chef Mickey brunch on our "rest" day
Hoop-De-Doo
Akershus dinner (although I want to do the Candlelight Processional the day we are in Epcot...anyone know if which restaurant you do the candlelight dining pacake with decides which show you get passs for?)

I'm not sure how much of this I'll be able to get, going to do what I can!

27 days for our ADRs. We got the free dining and upgraded to the plan with the 1 T/S per day, so I'm doing reservations. Right now I have on my list:
Tusker house
BOG if I can get it - thinking lunch time
Crystal Palace
Debating H&V for breakfast to get in early for Jedi training sign up, or Prime Time Cafe for lunch in H/S
Chef Mickey brunch on our "rest" day
Hoop-De-Doo
Akershus dinner (although I want to do the Candlelight Processional the day we are in Epcot...anyone know if which restaurant you do the candlelight dining pacake with decides which show you get passs for?)

I'm not sure how much of this I'll be able to get, going to do what I can!

Your ADR list looks a lot like mine the only one we're not doing is Crystal Palace.

From what I understand the restaurant you choose doesn't matter but the time you eat determines which show you get to see.

15 more days until ADRs for us!!

Right now we're looking at:
BOG for lunch
Restaurant Marrakesh for lunch
50's Prime Time
Sanaa
Ragland Road
Le Cellier for lunch
The Plaza

Otherwise we are kind of planning out roughly what QS places we want to eat at which days, but it's a loose plan as we aren't going to hike across a park just to eat at a QS. It's more for budget purposes :)

It's doubly interesting because my wife has Celiac Disease, so she's strictly gluten free. Thankfully Disney is beyond amazing at this and while we don't have to worry about it for the most part, there are a few places we can't go. It's not really too limiting though :)

Also, from St. Louis MO here!

All the talk of road work and bus issues has me nervous that all my crazy intense detailed planning for Dec will need some rework. My first go to thought was scrap the mid day break plans and decide to utilize the park to park express transportation - could be a good option to add on if I see the first few days are more hectic than planned.

And I know no matter how good my planning is, anything can happen - just really excited

All the talk of road work and bus issues has me nervous that all my crazy intense detailed planning for Dec will need some rework. My first go to thought was scrap the mid day break plans and decide to utilize the park to park express transportation - could be a good option to add on if I see the first few days are more hectic than planned.

And I know no matter how good my planning is, anything can happen - just really excited
You don't have to decide on the express transportation until you get to the parks, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. We're only planning one park per day and leaving flexibility for the hopping (example: Epcot day 2 to start the day, but Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom that night and we'll just decide once we get there).

You don't have to decide on the express transportation until you get to the parks, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. We're only planning one park per day and leaving flexibility for the hopping (example: Epcot day 2 to start the day, but Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom that night and we'll just decide once we get there).
That is one thing I love, something you can decide on when actually there, unlike everything else which is planned so far out - once my ADRs are set and flights booked I won't have to plan much until October for FP - and the only ones I see being crazy are Pandora rides, which I actually planned later in my trip anyway

That is one thing I love, something you can decide on when actually there, unlike everything else which is planned so far out - once my ADRs are set and flights booked I won't have to plan much until October for FP - and the only ones I see being crazy are Pandora rides, which I actually planned later in my trip anyway
We did a similar thing. We set BoG as day 3 (with a day 5 backup plan) and Animal Kingdom for day 4 so that we could have better odds at our ADR/FP for FoP. BoG dinner, Ohana, FoP FP, and FEA FP are the only things we're even remotely worried about, and even then it should be fine.

21 days until we can make our ADR's!

I'm hoping for:
Ohana - Dinner
BOG - I'll take what we can get!
Sanaa
Tusker House
Chef Mickey
Hoop De Doo
Sci Fi Dine in
Homecoming

Does anyone have experience booking for larger groups? There will be 14 of us. Wondering if I would have better luck splitting the group and trying for 2 reservations of 7 instead of 1 large party.

Hi there! My family and I will be there from the 9th - 16th, staying at POR. This is my first DW trip actually planning by myself, with the help and guidance of my step-mom who is a DW veteran. I have to say, I've really gotten sucked into the world of planning and researching, but it is so much fun! I love watching vlogs of people who traveled to DW during the holidays, seeing all the decorations and holiday activities. I think my biggest stress right now is not knowing the December park hours and being so close to making ADR. I'm sure if I read through this thread, I'll find many are the in same predicament.

Hi there! My family and I will be there from the 9th - 16th, staying at POR. This is my first DW trip actually planning by myself, with the help and guidance of my step-mom who is a DW veteran. I have to say, I've really gotten sucked into the world of planning and researching, but it is so much fun! I love watching vlogs of people who traveled to DW during the holidays, seeing all the decorations and holiday activities. I think my biggest stress right now is not knowing the December park hours and being so close to making ADR. I'm sure if I read through this thread, I'll find many are the in same predicament.

It's so easy to get sucked in. My dh teases me that I like planning the vacation more than being on the vacation.

We may end up having to change our arrival and departure days by one day if flights stay as high as they are now. I was expecting them to be higher than any other time of year (Christmas week) but holy buckets! $500+ per person round trip! Ummm...no! It is a long drive but we can do the drive and even 2 over night hotels on our way down for about what it is going to cost for just one of us to fly. I still have some SW credits that I need to use by March, but may just have to take a short trip somewhere with the kids instead next spring or summer!

We may end up having to change our arrival and departure days by one day if flights stay as high as they are now. I was expecting them to be higher than any other time of year (Christmas week) but holy buckets! $500+ per person round trip! Ummm...no! It is a long drive but we can do the drive and even 2 over night hotels on our way down for about what it is going to cost for just one of us to fly. I still have some SW credits that I need to use by March, but may just have to take a short trip somewhere with the kids instead next spring or summer!
They should drop over time.

It's so easy to get sucked in. My dh teases me that I like planning the vacation more than being on the vacation.

I will say, without shame, that planning for this trip has been just as fun as actually visiting DW in the past. I realize now that my past trips weren't nearly as fun as they could have been because of lack of planning. If you can believe it, I didn't even know Disney ADRs existed before a few months ago...we had always eaten wherever we could get in at the time, which usually meant quick service for the entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter