• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2017 thread!

Hi Everyone!!! I'm joining the thread to help plan my November trip...I'm booked for 11/26 to 12/02 (Sun-Sat) at AoA...it was only like $50 more to stay at AoA than at POP, so this is kinda like an upgrade for me...I LOVE WDW at Holiday time...plus I get to celebrate my B-Day at WDW...YEAH!!...being an accountant I ALWAYS use spreadsheets to organize my trips...LOL...good to see I'm not the only one to do so...I'm hoping by November all the kinks for PANDORA/ROL will be worked out so that planning goes smooth for my trip...

In regards to CLP, is it really 2 DDP credits to get the CLP dining package?? When did this go up from 1 DDP credit...I think my last Holiday trip was 5 years ago...also where can I find a link for last year's list of narrator's...it seems in past years, Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator who is scheduled on my actual birthday...he was the narrator the last time I saw the CLP which I totally loved but maybe this year I might choose another narrator, depending on who the narrators are this year...here is the link to the performance I filmed back in 2012....

Can't wait to hear other people's planning and tips....

John

Does anyone know when party dates are released usually for MVMCP? Like others have said, we aren't attending this year, just trying to plan our days.
Last year they came out March 23rd (today's date) so should be any day now, if not later today or tomorrow - I just booked Dec 8-14 and am eagerly awaiting. There is a thread dedicated to this years MVMCP

Hi everyone!!! This is my whole family's first Disney vacation. I AM SO EXCITED!!! We are a family of 6, two boys (one will be turning 13 and the other will be 14) and two girls (who will be turning 7). We are scheduled for 9 December to 16 December. It's so far away...So, I just joined DisBoards so I can talk to other people as excited as I am. Plus, I can get in on some deals that you guys share.

ETA: Oh yeah and we're staying in two rooms at Caribbean Beach.

Hi everyone!!! This is my whole family's first Disney vacation. I AM SO EXCITED!!! We are a family of 6, two boys (one will be turning 13 and the other will be 14) and two girls (who will be turning 7). We are scheduled for 9 December to 16 December. It's so far away...So, I just joined DisBoards so I can talk to other people as excited as I am. Plus, I can get in on some deals that you guys share.

Congratulations on your first family trip to The World!

Congratulations on your first family trip to The World!

:thanks: Thank you. I'm super-excited. We're going to be celebrating our 3 youngest kiddos birthdays while we are there (Their birthdays are within 4 weeks of the trip). So I'm not exactly sure of the logistics but we'll celebrate each one. Can't wait!!! :rainbow:

Congrats! You will have a wonderful time! We are at CBR as well 12/11-12/22:)

:thanks: Thank you. I'm super-excited. We're going to be celebrating our 3 youngest kiddos birthdays while we are there (Their birthdays are within 4 weeks of the trip). So I'm not exactly sure of the logistics but we'll celebrate each one. Can't wait!!! :rainbow:
One year we had a specialty cake delivered during one of our meals for my DD's birthday! It was a fun surprise!

:welcome:

:):):):)

Don't forget to get them birthday buttons. I still have mine from my forty-something birthday :)

Is there an official December Park hour release date? I know that as it gets more into fall/winter they can change but having that initial set of hours is nice to start prepping/planning

Hi I wanted to join the thread. This will be our family's first Christmas trip to Disney and I am so excited! My children will be 7 and 9 and haven't been since their first trip in Aug 2013. I have really enjoyed reading the threads and want to find out as much info as I can. It will also be our 12th anniversary on the 19th. We are booked at CBR from Dec 16-23.

Dec 21-28 here, saying in AKL. I feel like we are crazy but we have been trying to do a family trip for Christmas for three years now. I hope there is a Christmas party for our dates.

Debating or not to do dining plan...

Anyone have an tips for this week?

Dec 21-28 here, saying in AKL. I feel like we are crazy but we have been trying to do a family trip for Christmas for three years now. I hope there is a Christmas party for our dates.

Debating or not to do dining plan...

Anyone have an tips for this week?
There should be a Christmas party, however after the last Christmas Party all of the parades are added to the regular rotation, so it may not make sense to pay the extra.

Dining plan only makes sense if you eat a LOT of food and only choose the most expensive options. There are a few calculators out there. We went through calculations multiple times just to make sure.

Overall tips: plan a lot, try to make use of rope drops/extra magic hours, expect crowds (have a good attitude about it), and bring a light jacket for night time.

Just booked December 10-16 at Coronado- to bring a friend who will be visiting. Xmas party again and CP. Already have tickets to La Noumba- catch the last show for this set-up.

Hello all! BIG family trip with family from both me and DH going over the course of Dec 18-Dec 23 (me, DH, DS 10-turning 11 at Disney, DS7, Grandparents (4), DSis, DNeice15, DBro, DSIL, DNeice9, DSIL, DBIL, DNep11, DNep2) staying at BWV!

Woo..that made me tired just writing it, lol!! We are DVC members but have rented our points the last few years, so it's been 3 since we've been!! Very excited but nervous about trying to book FP+ for all these people!! :crazy:

Joining in :D Our family of 4 include myself, Dh, Ds14 and Ds11 and we'll be spending one night at Pop on the 1st Dec pre-cruise (Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean) and then back at Pop on the 9th till the 23rd before heading to Disneyland for 3 days. We may change resorts if they release annual pass discounts for our dates, or free dining.

Last December we spent a month at Disneyworld and I can't believe we booked again so quickly! lol We were not meant to have another overseas vacation this year, but we made the mistake of attending a local travel expo and they offered us crazy discounted flights that we couldn't refuse :blush: Plus Disney gave us 13 months for our annual passes instead of 12, so we are saving about AU$5000 on tickets! What's a Disney addicted Family to do???? :earboy2:

After years of going to WDW for Christmas as a child, and a couple years of going in late Nov./early Dec. as an adult, I'm finally taking the plunge and making a trip for New Year's Eve! I'll be at POR in a Royal Room Dec. 29-Jan. 2. Right now the plan is to go solo, as per usual, but I'm open to connecting with other folks during what I'm sure will be a magical time at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter