*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Hey all ... just found this thread. (This forum is ginormous! I'm still discovering cool little nooks and crannies)
Even though we did a trip to WDW last May, we decided to do Disney at Christmas this year. As luck would have it, we accumulated a TON of SPG points, enough for a stay at the Swan, as well as another vacation next spring. We'll be in Orlando from Dec. 7 to 17, doing both Disney and Universal, with tickets for MVMCP on the 11th, and a jam-packed itinerary that I keep adding to.

Woo hoo! Let the countdown go quick!

:welcome:

I will get you added to the traveler's list on the front page!! Happy to have you here!

Anyone else going Dec 17-21? How do you expect the crowds will be?

There is a big discrepency in the crowd forecasting sites: Undercover Tourist has the crowd levels at 6,6,5,4,6 for those days...
Touring Plans has them at 8,10,10,10,10.

There is a big discrepency in the crowd forecasting sites: Undercover Tourist has the crowd levels at 6,6,5,4,6 for those days...

I dont give much weight to the CC-they are always off- Undercover tourist bases its crowd levels on attendance while Touring plans bases crowd levels on attraction wait times.

Last year we went the 15-21 and honestly everyday was pretty manageable except the 20th. I'll never forget that night! Pure craziness..

This year we're doing the 16th-22nd and I'm expecting the same. The first few days will seem easy enough but come the 20th and 21st we will definitely have some stricter planning those nights.

I'm so excited. Flight prices went down so we got a refund and added a night to our stay! Total up charge of $64
:cool1:

I just did the same thing but will end up saving money by doing this because now I don't have to pay for a hotel the night before that was $80! Now I have to adjust fast passes because we now have a full day on the 14th instead of 1/2 of day!

I just did the same thing but will end up saving money by doing this because now I don't have to pay for a hotel the night before that was $80! Now I have to adjust fast passes because we now have a full day on the 14th instead of 1/2 of day!
Fantastic! We actually keep our fast passes the same since we planned them with jingle bell jingle bam in mind. So our afternoon is the same but we'll spend the morning at mk which opens at 7. I even found a bog lunch reservation. It was meant to be:jumping1:

So I watched the JBJB show on you tube (couldn't resist), and I have to say that I was a bit underwhelmed. I don't think my 4 year old would be too impressed. After reading Kenny the Pirates comments about the show, I may skip it and just do Fantasmic! I was going to rush back from my AK day to see one of them, but I'm kind of leaning towards not doing that now. Has anyone else watched it?

I am going 12/16 - 12/23. I expect 9's for the first few days, then fully anticipate craziness! I've never experience really busy weeks as we usually go early June. But I think with a good plan we will be fine.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Kohl's Black Friday sale is on-line and there are several really cute Disney shirts, and even Disney Christmas shirts for $7-$10, plus an extra 15% off. There is even a Christmas Mickey shirt for $5. We were having problems finding afforable shirts for the Christmas party but I think we are going with this one.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Kohl's Black Friday sale is on-line and there are several really cute Disney shirts, and even Disney Christmas shirts for $7-$10, plus an extra 15% off. There is even a Christmas Mickey shirt for $5. We were having problems finding afforable shirts for the Christmas party but I think we are going with this one.

Oh my. This is really tempting.

We went to Kohl's yesterday and they had several women's Disney tshirts in store for $4! I got two of them :) the men's shirts were still 2/$20 but I had a coupon that made them $8/each so still not bad. I spent way more on our MVMCP shirts so I was happy to find these on sale!

I'm so excited. Flight prices went down so we got a refund and added a night to our stay! Total up charge of $64
:cool1:

k

Congrats to you both. It's a Festivus Miracle!!!

Does anyone plan to use Amazon now? I was thinking I would order some groceries this way but wonder if I can meet the delivery person rather than pay the fee for it being dropped with bell services? I can handle a two hour window.... I'm just not sure if there's a way to get in contact with the delivery person? or if they would be allowed to deliver to our room?

Woke up today with my countdown now in the teens!!:cool1::banana:

Immediately following the rush of excitement came a feeling of panic! :scared1: So much to do, so little time! Anyone out there feeling the same way?

On another note, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and is able to enjoy some relaxing time with family and friends! :hug:

Immediately following the rush of excitement came a feeling of panic! :scared1: So much to do, so little time! Anyone out there feeling the same way?

On another note, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and is able to enjoy some relaxing time with family and friends! :hug:

Yes! I'm not far behind you at 24 days, and I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about everything that needs to get done. I can't even think about Christmas because of Disney but I have to. :eek:

We leave in 2 days (Thanksgiving evening we fly out) and I've been in panic mode for weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter