*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

T- 6hrs 35min

That's how long til my ADR window opens. BDLsgal and I banged out plans A thru G. If those don't work than I'm out of ideas. So if I get what we are looking for, the only curveball left will be the Candlelight Processional dining combos.

If anyone else is ADR shopping tomorrow, good luck (but not better than mine ;) )

Did you get everything? And what did you get?

ADR day is tomorrow (Sunday), I have been checking daily and most of the wants are all booked up- so I'm hopping that the last days of the trip will have a few openings.

Did you get everything? And what did you get?

I did pretty good. Got most everything at the times that we wanted. There were 1 or 2 that were an hr earlier or later than we wanted, and 1 day that we didn't get anything. But I can't complain. And there's always the cancelled ADR thread.

I started off with the most impossibles to get. And we got them. We got BOG dinner and CRT pre-rope drop. BOOM!

Then we lucked out with 4pm dinners at Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern on our MVMCP nights. Enough time to enjoy dinner and leisurely walk over for the Castle lighting.

I was also able to get the meal that BDLsgal was really looking forward to. Minnie's Hollywood & Dine. She loves seeing the Characters in Victorian Christmas attire.

Got a 1st show ressie for Hoop Dee Doo Revue. And I recommend to anyone doing HDDR, before or after the show, walk the campgrounds. I never would've thought of doing this until our last trip. We arrived so early for our reservation (not sure of the timing of resort, to MK, to Ft. Wilderness), that we did just that. And we were blown away at how people decorated lots. If you're in the area, take the time.

We got our 9am breakfasts at Kona Cafe and Tusker House. And I was kind of shocked that we were able to get a 7pm dinner at Rose & Crown. A lot of the EPCOT restaurants have slim pickens due to holding the numbers down until the CP dining combos are released.

But the whole thing kicks off with Irish music and dancing at Raglan Road for a 4pm dinner on our arrival day. This will give us a free entertainment 1st day. Because after this, we'll be able to enjoy Yee Ha Bob at the River Roost at Port Orleans.

All in all it was worth sacrificing sleeping in.

Last edited:

Hey everyone,

Traveling 12/2-12/9 having a VERY hard time getting Arkshus res... Any tips or insight would be great... Looking to do on 12/4, 12/5 or 12/8 party of four and really didn't care if breakfast lunch or dinner... I feel like I'm being very flexible I thought for sure I could get one of those days during there 9+ hours of operation with no such luck :(

Hey everyone,

Traveling 12/2-12/9 having a VERY hard time getting Arkshus res... Any tips or insight would be great... Looking to do on 12/4, 12/5 or 12/8 party of four and really didn't care if breakfast lunch or dinner... I feel like I'm being very flexible I thought for sure I could get one of those days during there 9+ hours of operation with no such luck :(

Once you hit 10 posts, you'll be able to direct message people that are posting ADR cancellations on the Dec 2016 Cancelled ADR thread. The link is on the 1st page of this thread

Once you hit 10 posts, you'll be able to direct message people that are posting ADR cancellations on the Dec 2016 Cancelled ADR thread. The link is on the 1st page of this thread

Oh good to know! I'm new here!
Thanks. I appreciate any tips or hints I can get!

Hey everyone,

Just keep trying - people adjust their plans all the time, especially as dates approach for FPs, final payments, etc.

Hey everyone,

You could setup a reservation finder on the touring plans site. I'm pretty sure it's free & they text you when something opens up.

Well, I was able to book every ADR we wanted including the times.

Boathouse 2pm, then Cirque Du Soleil at 6pm.
La San Angel (L) Cape May (D).
O'Hanna (B) Be Our Guest (L) - MVMCP in the evening.
EPCOT day- waiting on Candlelight Processional package to open (usually in July).
Be Our Guest (L) Crystal Palace (D)- MVMCP in the evening.
Be Our Guest (B) Be Our Guest (L) Cinderella's Royal Table (D).
Le Celliar's (D)
Sci-Fi Drive in (L) and Fantasmic (H&V) when it opens.

Plenty of time options were available- No one place was completely booked up that I could not get.

EPCOT day- waiting on Candlelight Processional package to open (usually in July).
Le Celliar's (D)

Plenty of time options were available- No one place was completely booked up that I could not get.

That's awesome so glad it worked out for you!!!!

Le Celliar's (D)

Congrats on your gets. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you are a fan of BOG. And that is pretty smart, leaving your CP day wide open

Congrats on your gets. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you are a fan of BOG. And that is pretty smart, leaving your CP day wide open

Kids love BOG-best QS there is in MK, plus-love the pre-order.

Congrats on your ADRs Rickat! They look great.

I'm a little afraid I'm not going to get our top choice ADRs because it's Christmas week coupled with FD and we'll only be there for 6 days! I'm totally okay with having backup plans, though. We are just hoping if all else fails to grab a TH character breakfast. BOG lunch might be out of the question, but I really would love to finally be able to eat there!

Le Celliar's (D)

Do you know when the F! H&V will open up?

Congrats on your ADRs Rickat! They look great.

I'm a little afraid I'm not going to get our top choice ADRs because it's Christmas week coupled with FD and we'll only be there for 6 days! I'm totally okay with having backup plans, though. We are just hoping if all else fails to grab a TH character breakfast. BOG lunch might be out of the question, but I really would love to finally be able to eat there!

You'll be fine-I was to a bit worried about FD during this time-but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I thought CRT and BOG was out-due to FD, but there were plenty of times.

I had a weird and rough time with ADRs today. First, several times when a search (apparently) failed, instead it set me up to book an appointment for TODAY. I even booked one by mistake. And, of course, you cannot cancel reservations so close in. (I was able to reschedule that reservation to a few days from now, and then cancel it... I hope that works to avoid getting charged.)

Not having AK evening hours is annoying. One reason we're going for this weekend trip is to see the new evening attractions at AK. We cannot even book dining reservations, because they all at before dinnertime.

And this far out we don't know if Tables in Wonderland will be accepted at either Tiffins or Skipper's Cafe. I've booked both assuming that they will start offering the discount before December. Otherwise we'll be scrambling to change things around as we get closer. I actually booked Skipper's Cafe for both lunch and dinner because, quite frankly, I don't like any of the other choices, and assuming that they offer the discount, I'd be happy to eat there twice.

My adr's were so easy this morning. So easy, I have checked to make sure they are still there. The only time that I didn't get on the dot was T-Rex. I even got Be Our Guest lunch and Ohana dinner.
I had been reading all the difficulty the last few weeks and was prepared for craziness especially with free dining.
I hope everyone has the same pixie dust I did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter