*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Do you think it will be too much to eat lunch at mama Melrose and dinner at 50s prime time?
Just do the first lunch sitting of the day and make 50s as late as you can. Do it after the 1st fantasmic if they are showing 2 that night. I think the package people go to the first one

Hi! Just joining in on this thread! We are going 12/10-12/16, staying at ASMu with FD :yay: It will also be DS(5) and DD(13)'s first time AND we will be celebrating their birthdays! I'm super excited! Oh and we are planning on keeping it a secret fr the kids until the day we leave, which is proving to be incredibly hard, I'm about to burst!
I'm on the same predicament as you! Booked a surprise trip for DW,DD(8),DS(2). None of them have any idea. Im going to tell them 2weeks before our trip. I would like to wait until the VERY last minute but DW would kill me if I only gave her 1 day notice. It's challenging to hide from DW but I think I have the financial aspect all figured out. Also using a friend as my shipping address so luggage tags/Magic bands don't come to my house. Only 7 months to go before the big reveal.

Any other one table credits that are sneaky I should know about? besides the obvious buffets @ 1 credit?

I'm on the same predicament as you! Booked a surprise trip for DW,DD(8),DS(2). None of them have any idea. Im going to tell them 2weeks before our trip. I would like to wait until the VERY last minute but DW would kill me if I only gave her 1 day notice. It's challenging to hide from DW but I think I have the financial aspect all figured out. Also using a friend as my shipping address so luggage tags/Magic bands don't come to my house. Only 7 months to go before the big reveal.
Wow. Wanna give tips to my husband? I'm a planner but wouldn't care if he surprised me like that at all

Wow. Wanna give tips to my husband? I'm a planner but wouldn't care if he surprised me like that at all

When I started planning this I thought the logistics were going to be the most difficult part. It turns out that the thing I'm struggling with the most is hiding the inner excitement that we are going to DW!

I'm planning a sort of treasure hunt with clues and maps of our house/yard for the big reveal. I think I'm going to enjoy that as much as the actual trip.

When I started planning this I thought the logistics were going to be the most difficult part. It turns out that the thing I'm struggling with the most is hiding the inner excitement that we are going to DW!

I'm planning a sort of treasure hunt with clues and maps of our house/yard for the big reveal. I think I'm going to enjoy that as much as the actual trip.
Awesome! I can't hide anything, I like to talk about it way too much! My family's eyes glaze over or they tune me out. Thank goodness for the disboards.

Nice!!!!
Ok so you may be the people to ask...I just posted this elsewhere earlier...

I am surprising my son with the Very Merrytime Cruise..at some point...not day of. But the WDW portion I was planning to have Santa leave an early Christmas gift in our stateroom the morning we disembark. Said package will have our magic bangs and an ornament for the characters to sign.

Here's where it gets tricky...in order to really do Epcot properly I think we should do 1 night pre cruise at WDW as well..and only do epcot. Will that ruin the excitement of the 'surprise' post cruise stay? I kind of feel that it will, and am completely torn over it.

Nice!!!!
Ok so you may be the people to ask...I just posted this elsewhere earlier...

I am surprising my son with the Very Merrytime Cruise..at some point...not day of. But the WDW portion I was planning to have Santa leave an early Christmas gift in our stateroom the morning we disembark. Said package will have our magic bangs and an ornament for the characters to sign.

Here's where it gets tricky...in order to really do Epcot properly I think we should do 1 night pre cruise at WDW as well..and only do epcot. Will that ruin the excitement of the 'surprise' post cruise stay? I kind of feel that it will, and am completely torn over it.
Why do you feel Epcot has to be pre-cruise? Is there some thing specific going on there that you can't experience post-cruise?

In any event, I think it could be kinda cool to go 1 day pre, then the rest post cruise. The 1 pre day might leave him wanting more. You could play it like: "Sorry pal we can only do DW 1 day but maybe we'll try to come back someday in the future"

Why do you feel Epcot has to be pre-cruise? Is there some thing specific going on there that you can't experience post-cruise?

In any event, I think it could be kinda cool to go 1 day pre, then the rest post cruise. The 1 pre day might leave him wanting more. You could play it like: "Sorry pal we can only do DW 1 day but maybe we'll try to come back someday in the future"
I've thought about that, I've also thought about making the cruise the "present", but I'd rather not because I want him to learn about the countries we will be visiting, and marine life that we will be looking for on our snorkel trips.
I just don't know if 1 day at Epcot, and then leaving for a cruise, will start him off by being sad from leaving WDW without even going to MK..and even more so- the new Star Wars attractions at HS.

The reason for the extra day is my only Epcot day is planned for our arrival day..from 1-8pm (want him asleep early the first night). And MAYBE we could hop to Epcot on our HS day..but I'd rather just go back to the resort for a bit. If I change our plans to 1 day pre cruise, it will free up more time while at CR, and allow us to fit in Disney Springs as well.

That's awesome! I would love it if DH surprised me with a trip to Disney, even if he did only give me 1 day's notice! I could probably be packed in about 2 hours :rotfl: I still haven't decided how we are actually going to tell the kids, but they will be going to school that morning like normal except we will pull them out early to come home and get on the road. I'll be keeping our suitcases at my parents house and slowly taking clothes over there to pack so they don't find anything around the house. AND they will also be getting an added surprise because we are going with my BIL, SIL, and their kids. The niece and nephew's know THEY are going to Disney, they just don't know that we are coming too, so all the kids will find out when we leave. It's a lot to pull off but I'm determined to do it!!

Please add us december 9-16. AKL club level then AKL 1br villa on rented points.

Thinking about changing to WL club level for 9-10 instead of AKL club level.

Is it worth it to do split stay? Never stayed at WL. I hear it is beautiful at Christmas. We will be dining there - as I type I am leaning towards switching to their club level the 9-10.

Help me decide please!

Just do the first lunch sitting of the day and make 50s as late as you can. Do it after the 1st fantasmic if they are showing 2 that night. I think the package people go to the first one

The other option is to split 1 adult entree with DH at 50s if we're not hungry...order a kids meal for DD and I'll likely end up eating half of hers anyway.

Please add us december 9-16. AKL club level then AKL 1br villa on rented points.

Thinking about changing to WL club level for 9-10 instead of AKL club level.

Is it worth it to do split stay? Never stayed at WL. I hear it is beautiful at Christmas. We will be dining there - as I type I am leaning towards switching to their club level the 9-10.

Help me decide please!
I would switch. It will be nice to have the proximity to MK, as well as the boat option. I agree that the photos look beautiful! We are staying at CR and going over to WL for a meal at whispering canyon and to check it out.

For everyone asking about the pirate cruise out of YC:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/pirate-cruise-out-of-the-yc.3506000/#post-55657173

At $37, 2 hours kid free to hang out by the pool seems like a no brainer! :) and she will LOVE it.
I thought it was $45 this past September, but I could be wrong. All of the figures just run together...lol.
I am soooo hoping that the departure from GF is on a day that works for us!!

ETA- Just checked, it is $37. I just picked up and additional $8 in my wallet! Woot Woot!!!

Congrats on the anniversary!!!! We will be on the Fantasy Western Caribbean from 11/26-12/3 and then at the Contemporary from 12/3-12/7!!! This will be our first time on DCL. The WDW portion is going to be an early present from Santa..he will receive it our last morning on the ship. I can't wait!!!

That's awesome! You will love DCL! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter