• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official December 2014 Check-In! ****

My Mom, daughters and I will be at DL from December 22-27. We are staying at the DLH and we are VERY excited! This is our first time to ever experience Christmas at DL! :santa:

My son's HS marching band is playing at the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, so we're thinking about doing a couple days at DL! It'll probably be 12/30-12/31. I wouldn't normally pick such a crowded time, but since we'll be in CA anyway and everyone is off school/work I figure we may as well go! Haven't been to DL since 2001, so I'm very excited to get back!

I am excited to get to know you and others on here and hope we can meet up. :)

I won't be able to meet you since I am going to the parks later in the month, but there are a lot of people here that will be there when you are. I'd suggest coming up with a date/time/location for a meet. Let me know when that will be and I can put it on the front page for people to sign up. I've met some awesome people through the DIS

My Mom, daughters and I will be at DL from December 22-27. We are staying at the DLH and we are VERY excited! This is our first time to ever experience Christmas at DL! :santa:

How exciting! I hear that the characters do some sort of goodnight thing as the park closes on Christmas Eve. You might want to ask a CM about it once you are there.

My son's HS marching band is playing at the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, so we're thinking about doing a couple days at DL! It'll probably be 12/30-12/31. I wouldn't normally pick such a crowded time, but since we'll be in CA anyway and everyone is off school/work I figure we may as well go! Haven't been to DL since 2001, so I'm very excited to get back!

So much has changed since 2001! Have a fantastic time!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

How exciting! I hear that the characters do some sort of goodnight thing as the park closes on Christmas Eve. You might want to ask a CM about it once you are there.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/[/QUOTE]

Really? That is going to be so cool. I know my 8 year old and I will love it....and hopefully my 19 year old will be "kid enough" to relax and enjoy it too. :-)

Really? That is going to be so cool. I know my 8 year old and I will love it....and hopefully my 19 year old will be "kid enough" to relax and enjoy it too. :-)

The characters apparently stopped doing the "official" Christmas Eve Goodnight (which involved pajama-clad characters at the train station in town square, bidding guests goodnight and Merry Christmas on Christmas Eve, at least 2 times that evening) back in 2012. One of our DIS'ers -- JediMasterNerd -- specifically went looking for it and was told it was not being done that year. He reported on it in the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread.

I think that some characters may have been out in pajamas last year, for photos, but I don't think it was exactly the same "goodnight" thing that it had been in the past (from reports I saw).

The characters apparently stopped doing the "official" Christmas Eve Goodnight (which involved pajama-clad characters at the train station in town square, bidding guests goodnight and Merry Christmas on Christmas Eve, at least 2 times that evening) back in 2012. One of our DIS'ers -- JediMasterNerd -- specifically went looking for it and was told it was not being done that year. He reported on it in the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread.

I think that some characters may have been out in pajamas last year, for photos, but I don't think it was exactly the same "goodnight" thing that it had been in the past (from reports I saw).

Bummer! I must have missed that! Hopefully they are out in their PJs though.

Thank you, EscapetoDisney, and I'm sorry to not be able to meet you this time around maybe next time. I'm not sure I'll have more specific info until we know for sure when the CP's are on both days. As I said I am planning to get the DL early Saturday morning to get my annual pass and photo taken (I have a prepaid pass) and once that is done it would be great to meet up for a little while. Sherry, had the awesome idea of asking a CM early that day about the CP and viewing, I will do that. I have never been to it and really have no clue how early it might be necessary to start lining up just that lol I would probably need a hotel break between first getting to the park in the morning and waiting for the CP. I do think if there were a lot of us perhaps we could take turns holding down the fort for viewing, certainly make waiting a lot more enjoyable and would add extra meaning to share with a fellow Disney fan, too. :) I will keep an eye on this thread and also the Christmas one and as it gets closer we can go from there?

Anyone who is going to the CP please do let me know. It sounds like there would be more ride time on Sunday and I'm not yet sure my plans on Monday. I definitely would enjoy meeting some of you.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Editing as I forgot to say how adorable the goodnight on Christmas Eve sounds! If any of you go and could take pictures I'd love to see some.

We are going December 11-16! We are meeting a bunch of family, there should be 16 of us in all. We are staying at a GNH close to the gate. We are so super excited!!!

We are going December 11-16! We are meeting a bunch of family, there should be 16 of us in all. We are staying at a GNH close to the gate. We are so super excited!!!

Just noticed this was your very first post, here on the DISboards, and wanted to shout a large:welcome:!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome. It's been seven years since my last trip to DLR and I am a little nervous about the crowds in mid December. We've been to WDW in December and it just seems like the crowds there are much more predictable. Still, a day spent in a crowded Disneyland still beats a day spent anywhere else, especially at Christmas.

We (DH, DD, and I) will be rocking up to HoJo's and Disneyland/DCA for the rather quiet :rotfl2: period of 29 Dec to Jan 1. I haven't read through all of the thread yet, but I am guessing that it will be too crowded to do a meet up ??

~ AussieCaribou

We (DH, DD, and I) will be rocking up to HoJo's and Disneyland/DCA for the rather quiet :rotfl2: period of 29 Dec to Jan 1. I haven't read through all of the thread yet, but I am guessing that it will be too crowded to do a meet up ??

~ AussieCaribou

:rotfl2:Oh yeah - quietest time of year! :rotfl2:

Seriously though - let me know if you'd like to setup a meet and I'll put it on the front page. Have a great time!

I didn't even realize (silly Canadian) that I booked my trip around thanksgiving. Anyone been there just after thanksgiving? Is it going to be busy? I expected Nov 30th (Sunday) to be busy because it's the weekend, but what about the rest of the week?

Woot woot! We finally pulled the trigger & booked 12/19-21 at the Grand! I can't wait! This will be our Christmas gift to the kids (don't worry, Santa is still coming!), and dh's birthday too! I'm planning on secretly booking the holiday tour for his birthday gift. I'm so excited! :santa:

I didn't even realize (silly Canadian) that I booked my trip around thanksgiving. Anyone been there just after thanksgiving? Is it going to be busy? I expected Nov 30th (Sunday) to be busy because it's the weekend, but what about the rest of the week?

Historically, this is a good week. Most people are working or in school, so it's not as busy as Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. That said, it's still in the holiday season, so I wouldn't expect very low crowds.

Woot woot! We finally pulled the trigger & booked 12/19-21 at the Grand! I can't wait! This will be our Christmas gift to the kids (don't worry, Santa is still coming!), and dh's birthday too! I'm planning on secretly booking the holiday tour for his birthday gift. I'm so excited! :santa:

YAY!! You arrive on our last day in the parks (and my birthday)! I hope your DH enjoys his birthday gift! :thumbsup2

The crowds the week after Thanksgiving are supposed to be super low; the lowest of the holiday season, anyway. We planned our trip for that week because of it!

We will be getting there late on 12/5 and leaving Monday, 12/8. We are staying at the Ramada Maingate. We won an online contest through the Ramada on FB and got a free 2 night stay in a 2 bed suite! :cool1: We added an extra night in a deluxe room so we could be up for rope drop on Saturday!! SOOOOO excited! This will be our 7th year going at Christmas time. We love it! My DS6 and DS4 think Santa lives at DL:thumbsup2

We will be getting there late on 12/5 and leaving Monday, 12/8. We are staying at the Ramada Maingate. We won an online contest through the Ramada on FB and got a free 2 night stay in a 2 bed suite! :cool1: We added an extra night in a deluxe room so we could be up for rope drop on Saturday!! SOOOOO excited! This will be our 7th year going at Christmas time. We love it! My DS6 and DS4 think Santa lives at DL:thumbsup2

How exciting! I love to hear when DISers win these contests. Have a fantastic time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter