• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official December 2014 Check-In! ****

Booked our flights yesterday from the UK. 18th - 31st staying at the Hyatt Regency with 1 night at GCV on 25th....can't wait to se Carsland & HM all decked out.:santa:

Okay, everyone, I heard from Escape2Disney!:cool1: She will be back to maintaining the list of December travelers on page 1 very soon but, in the meantime, I have updated the list. I picked it up from where she left off, so I don't think anyone was left out.

What will help me in continuing to update until Escape2Disney gets back is to keep this thread as clean as possible -- with just dates of when you're going and where you're staying, or special flight rates that pop up and things like that (specific travel-related things). The holiday season discussion and questions can go in the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread.

I have my hands full with the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread, the 2014 Theme Week Countdown, my Halloween Time Superthread (which is going to be hopping in the next few weeks, as Halloween Time is starting soon) and a couple of secret projects I am working on behind the scenes, so the less I have to sift through in this thread to get to the dates and hotels, the better! Thanks!

We will be there on December 13th to redo our AP's and then returning from 12/30 to 1/2 and staying at America's best Value Inn. We are super excited since in the last two years we have had a one day trip with tickets one from a local radio station in October of last year.

We will be there on December 13th to redo our AP's and then returning from 12/30 to 1/2 and staying at America's best Value Inn. We are super excited since in the last two years we have had a one day trip with tickets one from a local radio station in October of last year.

I added you to the list on page 1 (for 12/13 and for 12/30-1/2)!

How lucky that you won tickets from a radio station:cool1: -- but I can understand how you would prefer to stay over for a few nights instead of having to leave at the end of the day. You will have a great time on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!

My entire family will be staying at the GCH from Dec 22-26:rotfl: We are SO excited! We have never been there over Christmas!!:yay:

Thank you! I was amazed, it was the first time i had won anything like that! I have been for NYE in the long past, but my family has never been. I figure once will probably get it out of their system, as we usually go for about 4 days starting the 2nd in the past. We are planning to book an early lunch at the BB for NYE and then just take it as it comes.

I'm baaack!! :cool1:

Many thanks to Sherry for stepping in while I was unexpectedly derailed for a while. I won't bring you down with the details, but my health decided it needed to be a priority for a while. Thankfully things are back on an upswing, so I'm here to keep track of all of you lovely December travelers!

My husband and I will be visiting Dec 3-6. Staying at the GC! Can't wait

That's a great time, Laura_Lewis! Candlelight will likely be during your trip if it's something you may like. My guess is it'll be end of September before we get many details.

Have fun!

I'm baaack!! :cool1:

Many thanks to Sherry for stepping in while I was unexpectedly derailed for a while. I won't bring you down with the details, but my health decided it needed to be a priority for a while. Thankfully things are back on an upswing, so I'm here to keep track of all of you lovely December travelers!

That's a great time, Laura_Lewis! Candlelight will likely be during your trip if it's something you may like. My guess is it'll be end of September before we get many details.

Have fun!

Hi, Escape!:wave: I'm glad to see you're on the road to recovery.

The Candlelight dates of 12/6 and 12/7 were confirmed and made official a while ago (you've got to follow the Christmas/Holiday Superthread, as that is where I announce my findings!!). Since it won't be an event for which there are dinner packages or reserved chairs (only the invited guests will get seats), it is unlikely that rumors of the narrators or narrator will leak out until at least October, if not later. Last year, when I first saw the rumored narrators' names, they hadn't been confirmed and were only in the rumor stage. Disney won't announce the names to the general public in advance unless they find some way to include more people in the Candlelight Ceremony/Processional. However, the tour guides at DLR will tell the people on the tours who is narrating the CP, if anyone takes a tour over CP weekend. I've heard them tell the tour people.

Does the CP cause a lot of extra crowds over the weekend? And will the cast member party most likely be on the 8th? I'm going that weekend, it's my birthday and I was just curious. Sunday we will be at DCA but Monday I want to spend my bday in DL!!

Sadly, a couple of years ago, they did away with the Christmas Cast Member Parties!:(

Yes, crowds will increase for Candlelight Weekend---hugely on Main Street, and a bit more everywhere else.

Does the CP cause a lot of extra crowds over the weekend? And will the cast member party most likely be on the 8th? I'm going that weekend, it's my birthday and I was just curious. Sunday we will be at DCA but Monday I want to spend my bday in DL!!

Tina -

I am going to link you to my answer to that question (when someone else asked it recently) from the Superthread, as I just don't have it in me to retype it! Here is the response I gave about the CP crowds. I don't know how much it will help or not help, but there it is. I've been there on CP Sunday for the last 3 Decembers, and I read all of the posts about what Saturdays are like.

Yay! I know everyone loves GCH, but PPH actually feels more like home to me. Be sure to listen to the carolers for a while - they are quite good!

This will be our first stay at PPH. We stayed last year at GCH, and while it was nice and the location was awesome, we weren't particularly wowed. Have booked a view room at PPH, so we are really excited!
Thanks for the advice on the carolers. Sometimes a person can notice something, but not really stop and pay full attention. Your advice to stop and listen for awhile is duly noted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter