OFFICIAL December 2009!! Celebrating the Holidays.. ADR list page 41 :)

Hiiii :yay:

DBF and I are going Dec 2 -11!!!

I've never gone in December so I have no idea what to expect but I'm EXCITED!

We're going with a free dining pin code. Normally I NEVER eat at table service restaurants but because of this code we'll be eating at them everyday.

I'm hoping a resort discount comes out so I can get that instead.

YAY!!! We are headed to WDW Dec 20 - 27th @ Beach Club Villas! Can't Wait! First time at Christmas... Just got back from one national holiday (4th of July) figuring we can handle the Christmas Holiday crowds after that!!! :thumbsup2 SO excited for everything!!! :goodvibes

This is the first year I have heard of them staying there. I am so glad we are going the week after, I can't deal with PW.

Suzanne

Me Too! I started to freak out when I started to read about Pop Warner.
We're staying at POR.

SO GLAD I chose Dec.11-Dec.17!!!!! Because my son & I both suffer from an Anxiety disorder.
Thanks to everyone for the info!

Same here!! :flower3:

I am dying trying to keep this a secret from my kids!

I was too! But my DS(9) over heard me on the phone making my reservations.
Oh Well! At least I got to ask him a few questions about stuff he wants to do!

This will be the first trip for my DD(4)! Surprising her will be the best!
Do you know what building you're in? You can PM me!

do ya'll really think Pop Warner is gonna be that big of a deal at the parks?

Most of the reports I've read indicate that they are pretty busy during the day with their competition/games. They will obviously be mostly a problem at their resorts. It seemed that some evenings and later in the week (Yay, I leave thursday a.m.) were busier as they get eliminated. But a Pop parent posted once that they have to stick around and watch the events.

Here's hoping that's the case! I've got a lot to do and see!

Here's a question for those repeat visitors:

Is there anything you're going to do this trip that you've never done before (aside from a different resort)??

For me I'm hoping to try a couple new rides - Soarin' and Big Thunder Mtn RR. Not to mention food!! We're hoping to hit a couple new restaurants too. Tony's, SciFi for sure and maybe Teppan Edo (if we don't get LeCellier).

Free = good!! :thumbsup2

Serious question - does anyone know if there were to be a code for a room only discount, does it usually require a minimum night stay? I want to do the one night at AKL, and doubt any deal would work for just one night. Any experiences with something like this?

Also - how much does it cost to join AAA? Maybe it would be worth it for the savings. What would a AAA discount be on a deluxe? TIA.

Yes, you can do a rooom only for 1 night only. We have been known to go down for 1 or 2 nights and never had a problem. One time we had 2 nights at CR with a AAA discount and 2 nights at AKL with an AP discount It is usually the free dining package that has a 3 night minimum.

The AAA fee is different for each state or region, so you just have to check their website. Most of the time, I usually end up with a Disney Discount, but book with my AAA agent for ease and for the little extras. The savings for a Deluxe is 15% during Value season and 10% during the other times. The discounts are better at the Value resorts and Moderate resorts.

If we don't some up with some money, we won't be going in Dec and I am so afraid of that. I had to use our trip money for my sick rabbits care and now we have none. I have paid our deposit, but am wiped out otherwise. If anybody has any ideas, let me know, I sure don't want to cancel, even though we are going in Sept (can't cancel that one because we lose the insurance money).

Suzanne

Most of the reports I've read indicate that they are pretty busy during the day with their competition/games. They will obviously be mostly a problem at their resorts. It seemed that some evenings and later in the week (Yay, I leave thursday a.m.) were busier as they get eliminated. But a Pop parent posted once that they have to stick around and watch the events.

Here's hoping that's the case! I've got a lot to do and see!

Is there anything you're going to do this trip that you've never done before (aside from a different resort)??

For me I'm hoping to try a couple new rides - Soarin' and Big Thunder Mtn RR. Not to mention food!! We're hoping to hit a couple new restaurants too. Tony's, SciFi for sure and maybe Teppan Edo (if we don't get LeCellier).

IF we get to go:

We are staying at Pop, again, but we really love it.

We want to do the Yultide Tour or the Backstage Magic Tour. We did the KTTK tour in June and really loved it.

Quiet, don't tell Mickey, but we might go to Sea World

Oh, we are staying later into Dec than we usually do, we usually leave the Sunday before Christmas, but since it is just Dh and I we have decided to stay until Dec 22 :scared1:

Suzanne

Yes, you can do a rooom only for 1 night only. We have been known to go down for 1 or 2 nights and never had a problem. One time we had 2 nights at CR with a AAA discount and 2 nights at AKL with an AP discount It is usually the free dining package that has a 3 night minimum.

The AAA fee is different for each state or region, so you just have to check their website. Most of the time, I usually end up with a Disney Discount, but book with my AAA agent for ease and for the little extras. The savings for a Deluxe is 15% during Value season and 10% during the other times. The discounts are better at the Value resorts and Moderate resorts.

If we don't some up with some money, we won't be going in Dec and I am so afraid of that. I had to use our trip money for my sick rabbits care and now we have none. I have paid our deposit, but am wiped out otherwise. If anybody has any ideas, let me know, I sure don't want to cancel, even though we are going in Sept (can't cancel that one because we lose the insurance money).

Suzanne

Thanks for the info. I hope it all works out that you can go. Maybe have a yard sale (or sell stuff on Craigs list) and raise a little extra $$? I know people who do that and put away the money for WDW. It could help!

This will be my first trip to Disney during the holiday season. I personally have been there 5 times, the last time in 2000. My SO has been there on and off, but she said that it was only for day trips, never staying overnight in the parks

Right now I have a deposit down for 12/26/09-01/02/10 for the All Star Movie, with Park Hopper and Disney Dining. THe rep told me if they offer coupons for my time, I can call and get adjusted. Anyone ever try that before?

OMG, we will be at ASmo at the exact same time! Can't wait. The last few times we've gone, we've stayed off property. I haven't stayed on property since 1984 when we stayed at FW at Christmastime. The last time we went was 2005. My son will be 9 this time. Sooo excited!!:banana:

Thanks for the info. I hope it all works out that you can go. Maybe have a yard sale (or sell stuff on Craigs list) and raise a little extra $$? I know people who do that and put away the money for WDW. It could help!

I am probably going to have a yard sale, if I can ever get time to get all my stuff together. If it's not one thing, it's another. I need a few days off and a few extra pairs of hands, but my recent days off I have been sick and not up to cleaning.

Suzanne

We're planning to eat at 'Ohana for the first time. Of course, we'll try all the new rides they've added since our last trip - Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest, etc. I'm booking us for a private photo session at one of the resorts, most likely at either GF or Poly after we have breakfast at 'Ohana. I'd love for DS1 to do Jedi Training at DHS. He's a huge Star Wars fan. That's all I can think of right now.

ETA: I wonder if I should bring DS's Obi-Wan Kenobi costume with us. Does anyone think he'll have a better chance of being selected for the Jedi Training if he's actually dressed like a jedi? :)

The kids' first trip we got those silouette cut outs done. This trip DH wants to have a portrait done at GF. Last year when we were waiting for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare we roamed around and this woman was doing them and they were beautiful. I think they were in pastels and about $200. A LOT pricier than the silouettes, but an amazing souvenir! I hope it doesn't take TOO long, we have so much planned for 4 days!

Sheree, you are gonna be busy!! You have lots to do in 4 days thats for sure... I am thinking our visit time is gonna be reallll short!! Ha!!! We gotta take pictures with you this time!! How I forgot that before I don't know.... I would like for us to do one of the tours this time...haven't done one. Not sure which one we would like...got such a range difference for all 3 kids....suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter