Official December 2008

Hiya!!! My mother, brother, and I will be at Fort Wilderness from Dec. 18 'till Dec. 28!!!!:banana: :santa: :banana: This is our first Christmas trip to the World ,and we're heading down to Orlando on the 17th which happens to be my brother's 15th birthday! Also, this is our first time staying on-site. These next 6 months can't go by fast enough!

Hi there, we'll be at POR the same exact dates! We are doing MVMCP on the 2nd for two reasons...I was told tuesday would be less crowded, and I think the Thursday party is more expensive, but not sure? Also we thought it would be a nice beginning to our vacation, get us all in the holiday spirit for the rest of the week.:santa:
I can't wait to get my santa ears...wonder if I can order those ahead of time? My dh will think I'm even crazier if I wear them around before we go!! :rotfl2:

I finally got all of my ADR's set with my TA, what does everyone think? (and keep in mind I have a very meat and potatoes family)

12/2 LTT lunch (we wanted dinner before MVMCP but it was sold out already)
12/2 MVMCP
12/3 Kona for dinner
12/4 The boys will do the Bayou Pirate Adventure at POR
12/4 Teppan Edo for dinner (we wanted LeCellier, but the only opening they had for 6 was at 9:10pm...not going to work with two children, plus we'd miss Illuminations)
12/6 Sci-Fi for lunch
12/7 Boma for breakfast (can't wait!!)
12/7 Wilderness Canyon Cafe for dinner
12/8 Chef Mickey's for breakfast

I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it... (I know...I should be embarassed...) :yay:

Looks good! :thumbsup2 (we'll be going to Tappan Edo, Chef Mickey's, and Boma (twice!!), too ...)

You should probably plan on spending some time at AKL after breakfast ...

:hyper: Saturday's our ADR booking day :hyper:

-Boma: Flavors of Africa--Breakfast
-Boma: Flavors of Africa--Supper
-Grand Floridian Cafe--Breakfast x3
-Grand Floridian Cafe--Lunch
-Liberty Tree Tavern--Lunch
-Kona Cafe--Breakfast x3

:hyper: Saturday's our ADR booking day :hyper:

-Boma: Flavors of Africa--Breakfast
-Boma: Flavors of Africa--Supper
-Grand Floridian Cafe--Breakfast x3
-Grand Floridian Cafe--Lunch
-Liberty Tree Tavern--Lunch
-Kona Cafe--Breakfast x3

We've all been lucky so far with our ADRs...hopefully its the same for you. Keeping fingers crossed. pixiedust:

Our ADR day is tomorrow...

here's hoping we get everything we want:

Coral Reef for dinner on Thursday
Crystal Palace for dinner on Friday (before MVMCP)
Sci Fi for dinner on Saturday

All for a party of 7....:worried:

Looks good! :thumbsup2 (we'll be going to Tappan Edo, Chef Mickey's, and Boma (twice!!), too ...)

You should probably plan on spending some time at AKL after breakfast ...

Thanks! That's a great idea, I've seen so many beautiful pictures of that resort, it makes me really want to try and stay there next time. Will you be there the same time as us? (12/1-12/8). We are excited about Teppan Edo now,I think my boys especially will love it. We were disappointed not to get LeCellier, but we'll just have to come back to WDW again soon and try again!

Our ADR day is tomorrow...

here's hoping we get everything we want:

Coral Reef for dinner on Thursday
Crystal Palace for dinner on Friday (before MVMCP)
Sci Fi for dinner on Saturday

All for a party of 7....:worried:

Good luck!!! pixiedust:

Our ADR day is next Tuesday and I am still trying to figure out what we want to do when. At least I think our day to call is Tuesday.

We were booked for Disney 12/7-12/14. Last weekend I was pricing airfare and determined that it was coming up to be the same pricing to leave on Saturday instead of Sunday. So, I ended up booking an additional night onto the beginning of our trip, in order to gain an extra day, and have our original "first" day be a full day, instead of considering it a travel day. I have my eye on an airtran flight that was $289/person, last Sunday...it went down to $274pp on Tuesday and is now back up to $289pp. As I was just checking the price, I noticed that Delta, which was in the same ball park in the way of pricing, last week is now up between $954-1500+...PER PERSON!!! How can that be??? Should I book these tickets I found at Airtran for $289 and consider it a great deal...we only paid $219pp last year, in October for our December 07 trip. I was hoping the prices would go down and was actually ok with waiting until October this year to book them, to see if that would happen. However, I am now thinking that with the prices of gas now that maybe I should buy them now...I've heard that gas prices will only continue to go up. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Does Southwest fly out near you? If so download the Ding to check cheaper airfare. Or check a different airport that you may have to drive a couple of hours to that could save you $.:moped:

We were booked for Disney 12/7-12/14. Last weekend I was pricing airfare and determined that it was coming up to be the same pricing to leave on Saturday instead of Sunday. So, I ended up booking an additional night onto the beginning of our trip, in order to gain an extra day, and have our original "first" day be a full day, instead of considering it a travel day. I have my eye on an airtran flight that was $289/person, last Sunday...it went down to $274pp on Tuesday and is now back up to $289pp. As I was just checking the price, I noticed that Delta, which was in the same ball park in the way of pricing, last week is now up between $954-1500+...PER PERSON!!! How can that be??? Should I book these tickets I found at Airtran for $289 and consider it a great deal...we only paid $219pp last year, in October for our December 07 trip. I was hoping the prices would go down and was actually ok with waiting until October this year to book them, to see if that would happen. However, I am now thinking that with the prices of gas now that maybe I should buy them now...I've heard that gas prices will only continue to go up. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

My vote is to go ahead and buy the tickets. Everyone keeps saying they will only go up. But there is still the chance that they would cut prices later because no one is buying them. But the worry wart that I am made me go ahead and buy ours last month and we'll be there the same time as you.

Does Airtran give you a refund or a credit if the price of your flight drops?

Oh, good question...then I could book and not have to worry; I'd be covered whether the price went up or down.

That is also who we are flying with but I don't know if they do that. Hopefully we'll get to meet you at WDW!

Hi
On holiday fom 6 - 30th Aug and was just curios to see if anyone is staying at Windsor Palms Villas...:rotfl:

Well Sue Ellen at DU came through for us with our ADR's!! (THANKS)

We got all the places we wanted at the times we requested!

Coral Reef on Thursday
Crystal Palace on Friday before MVMCP
Sci Fi on Saturday

We are in the same boat with airfare, just playing the waiting game. We usually book with Southwest and are waiting for fares for Dec to open up.

We have a credit from Jan. when we went on DCL. When we booked we thought we got a great deal, and after that 2 more DING deals came out and we got a credit for both of them. So for us its worth waiting.

I called at 7am this morning and got everything I wanted, so I am a happy camper. I think that takes care of everything, except paying off the trip, but I should have my stimulus check by the first of July and if mom sells her house, she will have her part soon.

We are thinking about renting a u-haul trailer to hatch on the back of our vehicle, since we will have to take alot of luggage, has anyone done this before?

Now, if December would just get here.

Suzanne

Okay, ADR's are all set and I am pleased.

I felt was finally able to "relax" and just count down the days until today I find out that United is already screwing with my "perfect" flight times. They cancelled our original home flight and now we are leaving 2 hours earlier. Not such a big deal but we still have over 5 months to go, I hope they don't screw with them any more!!!

Now I just have to be cured of my serious need to overpack. I am hoping to only need one "extra" suitcase for all of us.

Dizzy, we will be at the Poly at the same time! I hope to see you there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter