• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Dancing With the Stars: Season 18

Thought tonight was a bit of a letdown.

Amy and Derek were good but she is still being overscored. Having said that, I do hope that her back is okay and she is able to train this week and compete next week. It would stink to have to drop out over an injury you didn't even get from the actual dancing! Also, Carrie Ann has the worst case of foot in mouth disease ever. She starts to say "Your foot left the ground," then realizes that Amy doesn't really have feet so she stumbles over the word foot three times which makes the whole thing even worse. Good grief.

I thought James and Peta were frantic and I don't see why Peta was dressed like she was performing in the late show at the Cabaret?

Even though I think Charlie has been a little underscored this season and I didn't think he deserved an 8 tonight, I did agree with Len that the dance wasn't special. He didn't have the level of attack and force that a Paso needs - he is almost too graceful is that makes sense?

Nene and Tony. No comment except I am glad she finally went home.

I thought Danica was good, not great which is basically what I think every week. I wish that Val and Maks had not used so much of the troupe in their dances as it was distracting from watching the actual celeb. I am not sure why they started letting them all use extra people every week but I don't like it. Save it for the trio dances or the freestyles.

I thought Candace was great this week, a huge improvement over past weeks and I am glad she got some nice scores. She is working so hard and she is the type of contestant I usually root for on this show because I really do love watching the journey of the non-dancer learning how to dance. I suspect she might be back in jeopardy next week though.

Meryl was great again but I wish it was more of just her and Maks, not her leading the troupe. Looks like I agreed with Len a lot tonight! Scary.

Team dances were fun but I didn't think Team Loca was that much better than Team Vida, I think they both had some sloppy moments.

Ricky Martin gets a gold star for not being an obnoxious guest judge.

Yes, I heard it. I predicted a few days ago that the producers want her to win. She will be so inspirational, (even if she wins unfairly by changing her judging criteria :rolleyes: ) and bring in a new audience of disabled people who don't normally watch. Then DWTS can say they have the first disabled/Paralympic mirror ball winner. How would that NOT be a win for DWTS & ABC? :confused3

You're probably right. I want to believe that the show is not rigged, so I guess they will just go the manipulation route for sympathy votes.

JMHO, I think Amy will withdraw this week. It sounds to me like a back sprain, not a spasm. If so, that might be a very graceful way out of this whole mess, Carrie Ann could go on and on about how if it weren't for the injury she could have won. Purely speculation on my part!

Anyone else NOT looking forward to seeing that woman from Dance Moms as a guest judge?

:rolleyes:

Why?

Give me a break.

Did you guys hear Carrie Ann say, "when you win..." to Amy? Then she quickly changed it to "if". Not cool.

JMHO, I think Amy will withdraw this week. It sounds to me like a back sprain, not a spasm. If so, that might be a very graceful way out of this whole mess, Carrie Ann could go on and on about how if it weren't for the injury she could have won. Purely speculation on my part!

Carrie Ann has GOT TO GO!! :headache:

I think this is the year Maks wins:thumbsup2

He and Meryl are amazing together! If the best star/pro couple wins........ it WILL be Meryl & Maks!!! :woohoo:

Anyone else NOT looking forward to seeing that woman from Dance Moms as a guest judge?

Why?

Give me a break.

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2

Why?

Give me a break.

I'm not even sure what a Dance Mom is. :confused3 Is that a reality show? Does she dance or is she the mom of a dancer? If she's the mom how old are the dancers?

I don't like the guest judges, it was nice seeing Donny Osmond but he isn't very good as a judge. Of course I think Julianne was the worst, insulting Maks the way she did, I think she had some sort of axe to grind.

Abby Lee Miller is a children's dance instructor.
My DD watches the show....so I have seen bits. She is pretty obnoxious, but so are the moms she deal with.
At least, I hope, she knows dance moves.
I don't like the 4th judge thing at all.

I just did a search for Dance Moms :crazy2:! Both Derek & Mark have said she is a horrible teacher, her tactics are awful. Why on earth would they have her on the show? Are the ratings down so much that they'll do anything to stir the pot? Since the show is on Lifetime I doubt putting her on DWTS would bring new viewers.

About the only change I like is doing away with the elimination show. They took an hour to do a 5 minute task.

If Amy & Derek win that may be the end for me because I think if they win than the show is fixed. I had that feeling about last seasons winner but she was on a TV show so could have had a fan base but wasn't sure she really got the votes to win.

To me, Meryl and Maks are far and away the best this season, it's not even close. Every week they look so amazing and in sync with each other. I just love watching them dance.

Did anyone notice in one of the shots of Tom talking, in the background was Juan Pablo and the girl he chose?? I definitely saw him but the show made no mention that he was there to my knowledge!

I am not looking forward to next week. I don't like and won't watch Dance Moms and don't particularly want to see Miller as a judge.

I am glad Nini went home. One reason I don't like Dance Moms is that I don't like loud and abrasive know-it-all personalities. We got rid of one just to have another one come on as judge.

Long time lurker on this thread, but first time poster.

I agree with those who think that ABC wants Derek/Amy to win it all. They have been up-scoring her all season which is just a shame. I think Carrie Ann's "slip" last night just confirmed it.

It's clear that Max is not one of the judge's favorite pro dancer. I think it will be very hard for him to win over Derek even with Meryl as his partner. I agree that Max/Meryl are clearly better than all the rest of the competition, but their scores don't reflect how much better they are.

I also expected more from Charlie. I think he's got an inexperiened pro dancer and it is showing. And from last night's pre-story, it seems like it is bothering him that he isn't scoring higher. Actually, it would be interesting to see Charlie and Meryl dance together. I wonder how the two of them together would score?

I like James, but am not a Peta fan. I think she is too often just over the top and outshines her partner. Last night was a great example.

In the end, I think it will be Meryl/Max, Derek/Amy, and Peta/James with Peta/James coming in 3rd. Those who want Meryl/Max to win will need to pull out all the stops in terms of giving them votes!

Remind me, where did the other guest judges sit on the panel?? I wonder why Ricky is not next to Bruno... Don't they normally sit between Len and Bruno?

Imagine you are an attractive gay man with talent... would YOU want to sit next to Bruno? He'd be all over you like a cheap suit. He has gotten so flambouyant and overtly sexual with his comments I am surprised ABC hasn't sanctioned him.

Why?

Give me a break.

This makes no sense to me either... Abby Lee Miller is a troll and her 'show' is a documentary on abusive behavior towards children.

Did anyone notice in one of the shots of Tom talking, in the background was Juan Pablo and the girl he chose?? I definitely saw him but the show made no mention that he was there to my knowledge!

Yes, I saw JP several times.. also, it took me a while to figure out, but Evan Lysecek was next to him. Neither got a mention and Evan was on the show.

Which doesn't bother me because both of them are ***hats. :)

Long time lurker on this thread, but first time poster.

I agree with those who think that ABC wants Derek/Amy to win it all. They have been up-scoring her all season which is just a shame. I think Carrie Ann's "slip" last night just confirmed it.

It's clear that Max is not one of the judge's favorite pro dancer. I think it will be very hard for him to win over Derek even with Meryl as his partner. I agree that Max/Meryl are clearly better than all the rest of the competition, but their scores don't reflect how much better they are.

I also expected more from Charlie. I think he's got an inexperiened pro dancer and it is showing. And from last night's pre-story, it seems like it is bothering him that he isn't scoring higher. Actually, it would be interesting to see Charlie and Meryl dance together. I wonder how the two of them together would score?

I like James, but am not a Peta fan. I think she is too often just over the top and outshines her partner. Last night was a great example.

In the end, I think it will be Meryl/Max, Derek/Amy, and Peta/James with Peta/James coming in 3rd. Those who want Meryl/Max to win will need to pull out all the stops in terms of giving them votes!

I wonder about Charlie too. He is a excellent dancer, but when he skated with Meryl, do you think everyone was watching her and he was almost just the side kick?

Peta is way over the top-When she was on with Donald Driver-some moves she had, were not dancing and she is starting to bring that back in some of her moves.

She is horrible ... or at least her character on Dance Moms is horrible. She berates and embarrasses the kids, snarks about the parents and acts like her own poop doesn't stink. I guess we could hope for a smack down by one of the judges or pros.

Yes, I saw JP several times.. also, it took me a while to figure out, but Evan Lysecek was next to him. Neither got a mention and Evan was on the show.

Which doesn't bother me because both of them are ***hats. :)

I did notice Evan who looked miserable for most of the show. Tara Lipinski was sitting next to him as well. I thought it was funny that Evan was there since I think he used to date Charlie's current girlfriend. Awkward. :rotfl:

I wonder about Charlie too. He is a excellent dancer, but when he skated with Meryl, do you think everyone was watching her and he was almost just the side kick?

Peta is way over the top-When she was on with Donald Driver-some moves she had, were not dancing and she is starting to bring that back in some of her moves.

I don't think Charlie was the side kick. Many ice dance moves have to be done in sync, there is a lot of footwork too. They skated together for 17 years before they won their gold medal. I think the problem is mostly with Sharna & the judges. I don't know why they tend to pick on certain stars.

I'm just hoping that Maks finally gets his trophy, he's been robbed a few times so I hope that doesn't happen again because ABC wants to give it to Amy. Maybe we should set up a blog to get people to vote for Maks! ;)

I agree with you all that Charlie is being held back by Sharna. I don't think she has the experience as some of the other pros. I bet it would totally different if he had been paired with Cheryl. Why of why do we need guest judges???? I know I'm not going to like the Dance Moms person as a judge. I also don't like the camera work this year. Seems like you are always looking into a light and when you should be seeing the dancers entire bodies, they are only showing you the top half. I wish they wouldn't judge Derek and Amy so high. I think it is fabulous that they can dance that well together and I give them both a lot of praise. Derek is a great choreographer and can pretty much make me look good but I think their scores are to high compared to other dancers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter