Official College Football Chat Thread

Before the season started, Scott was so excited about the Nebraska game. He expected both teams to be undefeated at that time.:sad2: Well, the Hokies DID beat Furman.:rolleyes1

He'll go.....proudly donning his Hokie spirit.......I hope he makes it back home.....

I have to drive west of Lincoln the Monday after the game. I'll be sure to watch the side of the road for him coming home. I'll just look for the ragged pieces of VT colors as a flag. Do you want me to mail him back home regular delivery, or FedEx? :banana:

I have to drive west of Lincoln the Monday after the game. I'll be sure to watch the side of the road for him coming home. I'll just look for the ragged pieces of VT colors as a flag. Do you want me to mail him back home regular delivery, or FedEx? :banana:

:lmao: Oh thank goodness I have you to look out for him! He's a great guy...I'll splurge for the Fed Ex....WAIT! I mean....VT's gonna whip Nebraska! Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

This is the same old new thing...third and thirteen and when we had Pat Dye we would line up under center and run it up the middle. Now we just line up in shotgun formation and run it up the middle. AHHH!
(sorry, I had to let out a scream)

I would also appreciate much more in the BLOCKING department on the offensive line. Yes, they give the QB time, but when it comes to letting someone run, they seem to forget their blocking assignments. Now, I know that MSU has a reputation of having 300+ defensive lineman, however, they didn't get to the QB that much and if they can keep them off the QB, they can create holes for the running game. I might be a girl, but I did play football many a year and my specialty was the line. They weren't the only ones that were not doing their job. I certainly hope that Tubbs has that kicker running stadium steps today. Three and four turnovers a game and winning is not going to continue much longer, not with LSU, TENN and the like coming up in the schedule. The ball is just being dropped too much for being the second game into the season. I am glad Brad Lester only has a sprained neck. That was very scary to watch on TV. It was just as horrible to watch Charlie Weiss's knee go to pieces. Oww.

Part of that blocking is how they are taught. Alabama had the same thing when Shula was there. They completely changed the way the lineman block so it is more suited for pass blocking but then running doesn't work well. I know you remember the game where you guys sacked Brodie Croyle like 13 times. Well some of that was because of the "bucket step" blocking they were taught to do. Now Auburn, under Franklin's guidance is using the same technique. And it is gonna have similar results. I told a lot of my friends before the season ever started that Auburn would either be an awesome offensive team or a bust. And right now it is looking like a bust. Ans even though I am a bama fan, I hate to see it. Because I still enjoy watching them take out some of the other SEC teams. I personally hope they do get it together.

Finally, a big game for LSU! We went to Auburn two years ago but were unable to get tickets this year. We will be watching on t v Saturday night (if I can stand it) Hope the best team wins!!

Finally, a big game for LSU! We went to Auburn two years ago but were unable to get tickets this year. We will be watching on t v Saturday night (if I can stand it) Hope the best team wins!!

you should have paid attention to my posts, i had extra tix

You're right, AuburnJen, that I didn't take the time to read all that was written. Next time I will know better. We probably could have gotten tickets but did not want to go through the trouble. We were fighting with two hurricanes at the time and were not in the mood for football!! With that said, our troubles were minimal (thank God), and we are looking forward to Saturday's game. We have LSU season tickets and haven't made a game yet which is very unusual for us.It is nice that things are getting back to normal around here.

Wish you the best this weekend, but not enough for you to beat us!;)

We definitely have our work cut out for us. I am glad you faired well in the hurricanes.

Just got back from several parties and I had too much to drink. Never had a chocolate martini before and they're OK. Buffalo only liost 42-21 to Missouri and Auburn is up over LSU. Ecu lost too.

Jen you've turned me into a Auburn fan! Gotta sober up for tomorrows Bills game.

DAMN. LSU'slooking good right now

Just got back from several parties and I had too much to drink. Never had a chocolate martini before and they're OK. Buffalo only liost 42-21 to Missouri and Auburn is up over LSU. Ecu lost too.

Thanks for posting the Mizzou score Al...saved my fingers a trip. Were you
expecting it to be worse?

GO MIZZOU:cool1: :yay: :rolleyes1

What a great game!

BTW I'm an Alabama fan too - it'll be a hard game to watch in November!

Auburn scored again!

Roll Tide!!

Congratulations to the Gators also. All the games today, except 1, went the way I wanted. I was really pulling for Auburn. Gotta say, they played LSU better than I thought they would. That was a tough loss, but the Auburn fans should be proud of the way the team played today.

gator-logo.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter