Official College Football Chat Thread

Let's just get down to bunsiness - any predictions for that little game on Saturday?

My prediction is a 38 - 35 win by the Crimson Tide.....

I am going with the Tide of course, but I don't think either team will score a lot of points, there is just much defense from both teams.

Bama 24

Gators 21

Fulmer is done and Auburn is not interested in him anyway. They are looking at Leach at TTech.

How about Steve Spurrier? Pete Carrol? Nick Saban? :rotfl2:

Seriously, Tommy's only had 2 years out of 10 with more than 9 wins. He's a good 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 coach. Not worth the money. Auburn did the right thing but let's so who his replacement is.

I mean really, we've had 5 different coaches at Bama in the last 10 years while Tommy was at Auburn (Saban, Shula, Price, Francione, DuBose). I've followed each objectively and I consider myself an expert at coaching searches. I think the most interesting aspect is that none of these "head-coaches-in-waiting" have actually ascended to the throne yet (like Jimbo Fischer). You might be able to pry him out of Tallahassee since Bobby may not EVER leave.

I knew Wingnut was a Dead-Man-Walking. and Jay Jacobs' presser today was an absolute croc. The Aubs should be embarrassed. At least Tennessee (also known as UcheaT) had a Phillip Fulmer Appreciation Day at the last game of the season.

Roll Tide - Beat the Gators!

Bama ED

How about Steve Spurrier? Pete Carrol? Nick Saban? :rotfl2:

Seriously, Tommy's only had 2 years out of 10 with more than 9 wins. He's a good 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 coach. Not worth the money. Auburn did the right thing but let's so who his replacement is.

I mean really, we've had 5 different coaches at Bama in the last 10 years while Tommy was at Auburn (Saban, Shula, Price, Francione, DuBose). I've followed each objectively and I consider myself an expert at coaching searches. I think the most interesting aspect is that none of these "head-coaches-in-waiting" have actually ascended to the throne yet (like Jimbo Fischer). You might be able to pry him out of Tallahassee since Bobby may not EVER leave.

I knew Wingnut was a Dead-Man-Walking. and Jay Jacobs' presser today was an absolute croc. The Aubs should be embarrassed. At least Tennessee (also known as UcheaT) had a Phillip Fulmer Appreciation Day at the last game of the season.

Roll Tide - Beat the Gators!

Bama ED

Bobby Bowden will only stop coaching if one of two things happen...1) he is no longer living or 2) Paterno stops coaching in some way, no longer living or retires, so you are right, he is never leaving.
As far as Fisher, he will not come back to Auburn and neither will Muschamp, both have said so privately to many people. Both are very angry with Jacobs and with the trustees and that is why they left in the first place. As much as I don't care for him, Spurrier is a possibility that has been thrown around today. Tubberville's tenure at Auburn has not been a pretty one behind the scenes. Any Auburn person, and for that matter, any person that is familiar with the Auburn program, knows that. Like Alabama, Auburn is gaining a reputation of being very difficult on coaching staffs and that is not a good reputation to have. I do hope that we find another competent coach soon. I also hope for Auburn's sake that the trustees keep their noses to themselves for a change, but that is not likely to happen, just like at our rival school. I certainly remember many embarrassing moments in Tuscaloosa before you found your savor. Personally, I am happy that people in Tuscaloosa are happy now. I am sure everyone is happy about the pendulum swinging the other way.

I am going with the Tide of course, but I don't think either team will score a lot of points, there is just much defense from both teams.

Bama 24

Gators 21

I agree with the school of thought that this will be a low scoring game.

I think the Gators have the edge in the talent and depth department.

I am concerned about the Gator's special teams, especially their defense of kicks. I have seen a lot of field position given up there, and up to now, the defense has been able to cover this deficiency. Turnovers and other blunders will determine the winner of this game.

This one really will come down to who is the better coach. I will put my money on Urban.

I hope that it is a good, clean game, and that the zebras stay out of it. I cannot stand some of the bad calls that I have seen in some big games this year- regardless of whether they are good or bad for my team. I want the game to be decided by the players, not some bone-headed official.

Go Gators.

TCD

WOW! We think a lot alike on football apparently. Except you pulling for the wrong team.:lmao: Anyway, yeah I think we are both right it won't be the high scoring game some are thinking it will be. I also agree that you have the advantage on talent. We are talented but not very deep yet, Saban hasn't gotten all of his players in their yet. But I do think we have an edge in the Coaching department, but not by much. Mostly because of experience. Saban has been around a little longer, and has the Pro experience. Our kick coverage was kinda poor early on, but has really improved. the big thing is that both teams have excellent return guys, so that may be the difference in the ball game honestly. Either way, I think you will see a good hard hitting, but clean ballgame. I don't know about Florida, but Bama ia one of the least penalized teams in the nation. And honestly we call it eh SEC Championship, but I think the is the National Championship, because either one can beat Oklahoma, and you can take that to the bank.

BTW, Jen. You guys will get a good coach I feel sure, but I hope, and I mean this, that you get one with an attitude like Saban. Because Auburn has the same problem we had with meddling trustees, and boosters. But Saban won't put up with that, he is the man in charge. Auburn needs the same thing. Someone who says I am in charge if you get in my way, I walk. That is why Saban has no buyout in his contract. That is his leverage, well that and winning.

Buffalo beat #12 Ball State last night 42-24 ..... what a surprise that was .... and won the MAC Championship. I have a good feeling about Alabama today!

Ball State was driving twice, once inside the 10, and Buffalo recovered fumbles both times and took them in for TDs - that's a 28 point swing which broke Ball State's back!

Buffalo beat #12 Ball State last night 42-24 ..... what a surprise that was .... and won the MAC Championship. I have a good feeling about Alabama today!

Ball State was driving twice, once inside the 10, and Buffalo recovered fumbles both times and took them in for TDs - that's a 28 point swing which broke Ball State's back!

Can you please have a good feeling for Mizzou also?

1228608959.jpg

Congrats Florida Fans! You guys played a great game. Our defense just couldn't hold in the fourth. But hey we have had a great year. 12-1 in the SEC is hard to do. And I think we both win our bowl games. We have a month to get healthy, and to prepare. I am just glad it was a good game, and overall a clean game. I was a little disappointed in a couple of our players. We usually don't get that emotional. Oh well, enough analyzing. Once again, congratulations, and good luck in the polls.

Hey, the Crimson Tide was quite an opponent. Of course I'm glad we won, and I still hate Nick Saban. But to the 'Bama fans, I salute you.

Hey, I have a great idea: let's start our own little controversy -

Florida beat Bama
Bama beat Ole Miss
Ole Miss beat Florida
<repeat as often as necessary>
:eek:

Nah - that's over. Good game Gators. Bama leading going into the 4th quarter was pretty nice though.

On to New Orleans (most likely) :cheer2:

Bama ED

Hey, I have a great idea:* let's start our own little controversy -Florida beat BamaBama beat Ole MissOle Miss beat Florida<repeat as often as necessary>:eek: Nah - that's over.* Good game Gators.* Bama leading going into the 4th quarter was pretty nice though.On to New Orleans (most likely) :cheer2: Bama ED
The turnaround point of the game was when #30 of Bama facemasked the guy on 3rd and 9. Florida was too far out for a field goal and I really think the game would have been a 3 pointer had that penalty not have happened.

Donnie,

I agree with you completely on that. But Bama is a young team (only 9 scholarship seniors) so there is hope for the future.

Maybe there will be many SEC Championships between Florida and Alabama in our near future. Saban vs. Myer is a great contest.

'Aight?' (Nick Saban's version of "All right?" said as one syllable).

Bama ED

PS-I drank the Saban Kool-Aid and it feels GOOD! :laughing:

I was sort of forced into hosting an ACC party on Saturday. I've never actually witnessed a Hokie game before. I guess it was a good one to watch since they slaughtered Boston College. Not exactly sure I can call myself a fan yet, but "Go Hokies!!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter