• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official CHRISTMAS WEEK planning thread***

:santa:Hi all, been a long time since I have been on board. We are going to Kissimmee Sunday Dec.22-Sunday Dec.29. I told my husband I did not want to be home for Christmas this year. We lost his father suddenly in October last year and his Mom after a battle with ovarian ca. We are down to just my hubby, myself and dd who just turned 7. I always wanted to go to Disney for Christmas but never wanted to be away from home. We are staying off property and so will have to drive and park when we go to Disney. I also asked to join the facebook group. I am excited but also know that we will be missing the family that are in heaven. Thanks for all the information and tips provided.

Sometimes Disney is the best therapy. We took my MIL to Disney with us shortly after my FIL passed.
Hope you have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I really thought I posted her already... I guess not. ???

We'll be there 26- jan 1. So excited!! I've been in Nov. w/ my sister before and saw Christmas decorations, but DH and kids have never been for Christmas. They are really excited. It will also be my DH's b-day. We are celebrating at Cali Grill woohoo!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Merry Christmas... Let's plan Christmas week Disney trips together.

We have never been for Christmas before. I know it is going to be SUPER busy and crowded, but we will be AT DISNEY.

Please join in the fun of planning our touring strategies for this busy but wonderful time

Join our Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/167961360039324/

I will start a list

figmentswife - Swan 12/21-12/26.
cedgar737 - 12/21 - 12/31
wdwmomof3 - 12/21 - 12/27
Photo 101
pigletto
budcollector 12/21 - 12/27

I just requested to join the group!

So glad I looked on here! :wave2: Long time lurker, first time member!
Just joined the Facebook page.
We're suprising my DD with a trip at Christmas, she thinks we're going at spring break! After much convincing I finally got my DH to understand that this is not going to be like our trips before, we've never been at Christmas. He's now doing what I normally do, perusing forums, websites, youtube, etc!
So excited, don't know how we're going to keep this a secret! :confused3

We'll be there the 24th through the 29th and staying off-site. It's our first Christmas trip so I'm a little worried about the crowds. I'll take any tips you have.

:santa:Hi all, been a long time since I have been on board. We are going to Kissimmee Sunday Dec.22-Sunday Dec.29. I told my husband I did not want to be home for Christmas this year. We lost his father suddenly in October last year and his Mom after a battle with ovarian ca. We are down to just my hubby, myself and dd who just turned 7. I always wanted to go to Disney for Christmas but never wanted to be away from home. We are staying off property and so will have to drive and park when we go to Disney. I also asked to join the facebook group. I am excited but also know that we will be missing the family that are in heaven. Thanks for all the information and tips provided.

We lost my FIL in April and Christmas was his favorite. So my sil and I decided that this would be a great way to celebrate. We're also staying off-site (Emerald Island Resort) and there will be 7 of us.

I was just approved to join the fb group but now it's saying the page doesn't exist. Did I jinx it?

I am telling my granddaughter on Christmas morning, right before we leave. We'll do Christmas Eve with extended family and all presents on Christmas morning will be Disney based and for the trip.

I've used easywdw and Kennythepirate's websites to plan out and have all ADR's except for Wishes. Susbscribed to the watch thread and still waiting.

Also applied for the Facebook page. :)

I am telling my granddaughter on Christmas morning, right before we leave. We'll do Christmas Eve with extended family and all presents on Christmas morning will be Disney based and for the trip.

I've used easywdw and Kennythepirate's websites to plan out and have all ADR's except for Wishes. Susbscribed to the watch thread and still waiting.

Also applied for the Facebook page. :)

Don't know if you know. I am also on a wishes thread and all of December (except for 31 and Jan 1), Jan and Feb are open for reserve. I am going Dec 24. Good luck.

Did you get the dates you wanted? I booked the Wishes for Dec 28. Was the last ADR I needed. Now I can get started on the Disney presents for the granddaughter. :)

Don't know if you know. I am also on a wishes thread and all of December (except for 31 and Jan 1), Jan and Feb are open for reserve. I am going Dec 24. Good luck.

I'm Dec 24, too! I couldn't decide between that (it seems extra magical) or the 22 (emh to midnight). Both were open and after flip flopping I went with 24th... Maybe hours will extend then, too :)

We are also going to be there Christmas week at BCV 12/23-12/30 with 12/22 at AKL unless a wait list clears. Don't have a Facebook account but DD does so I will ask her to send request. It will be just me, DH and DD (16) going.

We have been to Disney many times since becoming DVC members (guessing about 30 trips) including Thanksgiving Week, Easter Week, Food and Wine, spring break and the July time frames but have never been during Christmas week. We are super excited to finally get the chance because although we have been to CP, seen the Osborne Lights and been to MVMCP during our Thanksgiving trips we have to believe the parks will be particularly magical this week.

It has always been tough for us to travel during this week. Our DD has always played sports and DM has been alone with my DS 8 hours away. With the rest of the family within a couple of hours from our home base in Baltimore we have always hosted the Christmas events. DS now moved to our area and In laws are in now Daytona. Step-FIL is in declining health (just turned 96). When DD decided to take a break from her winter sport this year , the stars aligned and we decided to go for it.

Of course this decision didn't happen until beginning of August so we feel fortunate that we were able to get our home away from home for the majority of the week (thinking VGF delayed booking for non- home folks worked to our benefit).

We do have some ADRs but not all of our favorites. Because we go so often we aren't so concerned about that but will keep scoping. We focused on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and as it ends up we may cancel our Christmas Day ressie because most like we will be making the trip to Daytona that day to make dinner for the IL's.

Question for all: What ideas do you have for decorating our room? Looking for tips!

Happy to be here! My family is going to WDW Dec 21-28. Staying at Sheraton Vistana. Cast is: DH 40, me Mom 37, DS 9. So excited! Joined the Facebook group.

Count us in! We will be there from Dec 22 - Jan 2 at Old Key West. This will be our 4th time going at Christmas. All ADR's are made and we know it will be crowded but we just go with the flow.

This will be my 3rd trip to WDW this year. DD got married there in June and this is our first trip back since the wedding!

Putting in a request to join the FB page.

We will be there 12/21 - 12/28 staying at POR. We haven't been to Disney in 4 years! We used to go twice a year. We have been twice during December and one other time Xmas week. On Xmas day it was crowded until about 2. It started to rain so that cleared out the park. We kinda wanted to leave also since it was cold and rainy but stuck it out till our 5 o'clock reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. The characters were still at this dinner. That was a GREAT way to end our Xmas day!
This time we have an 8:10 reservation at CP and dinner at 5 for BOG. This trip is surprise for my kids. We plan to tell them about a week before. We are hoping to get Magic Bands so we can wrap them up for the kids to open.
:santa::santa::santa:

We will be there 12/21 - 12/28 staying at POR. We haven't been to Disney in 4 years! We used to go twice a year. We have been twice during December and one other time Xmas week. On Xmas day it was crowded until about 2. It started to rain so that cleared out the park. We kinda wanted to leave also since it was cold and rainy but stuck it out till our 5 o'clock reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. The characters were still at this dinner. That was a GREAT way to end our Xmas day!
This time we have an 8:10 reservation at CP and dinner at 5 for BOG. This trip is surprise for my kids. We plan to tell them about a week before. We are hoping to get Magic Bands so we can wrap them up for the kids to open.
:santa::santa::santa:

I like the wrapping of the magic bands for the surprise! Great idea! Still trying to figure out how to surprise DD9.

It's been an up and down few months...

Took a job with our local marching band and decided to go with them as they will be marching on the 27th. Then decided we weren't going to go because of the time. Then changed our minds and decided to go without our kids DD(9), DS(13). Then it finally came down to it, and the cost kept us from going. Then we got a magical call from a friend and plans have changed so we are going! It's only going to be for 2 of the 4 days the band will be there, but that's perfectly okay with me...a trip to Disney of any length is wonderful!

It's always been a dream to go in December so I am over the moon right now. Just went in August so I'm not really concerned about getting to ride stuff...just taking in the atmosphere and taking plenty of pictures on this trip. Staying off prop 12/26, then moving into SSR 12/27-12/28. Booked CP with Rose & Crown (DH favorite) for 28th.

SO excited for our 2nd WDW Christmas vacation. Truthfully, I'm a bit obsessed with the planning. :)

Would you mind reviewing my touring plan and make suggestions? I followed easywdw's recommended days, but still know that smart touring is the best strategy.

Here goes:

I arrive on Dec 21, before my DH and DS (age 9), to check in, decorate the timeshare, and grocery shop. Staying at Sheraton Vistana Resorts.

Dec 22
M&M arrive, I pick up from airport
Downtown Disney for lunch
Hollywood Studios in evening
Osborne Lights
See 10:00 Fantasmic
Ride ToT and RRC during first Fantasmic
Park closes at 10:00

Dec 23
Park hop day
Epcot at rope drop - 9:00
Ride Soarin
FP Soarin
Ride test track
Sum of all thrills
At 11:00, be in WS for rides in Mexico and Norway
Animal Kingdom in time for 3:30 parade
Pull EE, Dino, and Safari FP, if available
Stay at AK until close - 9:00

Dec 24
Rope drop at MK - 8:00
MK in morning,
BTMR, FP BTMR, POTC, FP SM,
hotel afternoon rest
Be in Tomorrowland during first MSEP, ride SM
Wishes at 10:00, get to viewing spot at 9:30
Go to 11:00 MSEP
Park closes at 1:00

Dec 25
Day off from parks
Fort Wilderness Campground
Fishing, boat rental, golf cart rental, dinner, Christmas lights, fireworks from FW beach

Dec 26
Park hop day
MK at rope drop - 8:00
Do favorite rides, pull fast passes for favs
Watch 12:30 Christmas parade
Short Afternoon Break
Animal Kingdom
3:45 parade, watch in Africa
Watch shows until 6:00 or so
Rides from 6:00-close 9:00

Dec 27
Park Hop day 2
Rope drop HS - 8:00
Ride RRC, Star Tours, try Toy Story
Afternoon break
Epcot
9:20 ADR at Tokyo Dining
Illuminations 10:30 - watch from Tokyo Dining

Dec 28
Depart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter