Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In January, I ordered a birthday cake from the Epcot cake hotline for my daughter's 4th birthday to be delivered to the Rose & Crown. It was a personalized princess cake for $32. Chocolate with a buttercream layer.

Birthdaycake1.jpg

I also got her a chocolate slipper at CRT for $12.50.

Birthdayslipper.jpg

Both were quite yummy and enjoyed by all. My daughter was delighted with all the attention she received from the servers. I did a custom cake at 1900 Park Fare about a year ago and really, these were just as tasty, if not as cute.

Cute cake! I would like to get something for our daughter's birthday and didn't want anything too fancy. Taste is really more important, but I still wanted it to be cute. What were the options for the $32 price range when you called? The screen print included the $32? I called last summer and it was going to be $30 just for an image. Thanks for sharing!!!

That is weird - our custom cake at the Contemporary in December was an 8-inch. Did you maybe mention the size of your group? Or perhaps the decorations you asked for require more surface area? Like, for a chocolate monorail or something?

I say call back and speak with the pastry chef! Although, you can never really have too much cake... :rotfl:

It's definitely not due to the size of our group- we're only 3 adults. I asked what the smallest size I could order would be in my first email to Brian and he said 10. It shouldn't be the decor either, (no monorails) but I don't want to post here in the off beat chance the birthday girl (my mom) reads this before we head up tomorrow. The decor's a surprise. :upsidedow

Since the cake is for this Saturday I'm not gonna bother changing anything or really worrying at this point. I'll just know for next time. :thumbsup2 And yes-- we can always deal w/ extra cake especially since we're only 3 hours drive and can continue to enjoy it after we all get home. :goodvibes

Thanks Lurkyloo.

I dont want fancy decor this tme but I do want the chocolate ganache icing.

Do you think thats a possibility?

Do you know if they do the ganache in the boardwalk bakery?

Yes but you have to order it in advance. I'm not 100% but believe you do. I know if I am not correct someone will correct me. I too would want ganache as it is terrific. The fondant is the most beautiful but taste awful. Folks sometimes get buttercream under the fondant so that would be nicer. :surfweb:

Yes but you have to order it in advance. I'm not 100% but believe you do. I know if I am not correct someone will correct me. I too would want ganache as it is terrific. The fondant is the most beautiful but taste awful. Folks sometimes get buttercream under the fondant so that would be nicer. :surfweb:

Thanks.

The ganache is superb.:goodvibes

We had a marbled ganache cake from the YC last year...delish!!!

Maybe I'll try the Boardwalk bakery and collect instead of a delivery to Ohanas then

What do you think?

I want to order a cake to be delivered to my room at AKV with a bottle of champagne for our anniversary so who would I call the cake hotline? Or is there a different number I have to call. I've looked at a lot of the posts and someone said in room dining but I can not find that number.

TIA

Has anybody ever split a cake on one half do something and something different on the other half. My kids were born about a week from each other and I wanted to get one cake for both. But I have a boy and a girl, I wanted to split the cake down the middle and do toy story for him and princess for her. Has anybody even done this or asked about doing this.

Disney always puts buttercream under the fondant, so no worries there! :thumbsup2 I'm not a big fan of fondant either...

Thanks.

Maybe I'll try the Boardwalk bakery and collect instead of a delivery to Ohanas then

What do you think?

I'm not the OP, but I think that's the way to go. The Poly may be able to do ganache - I've just never seen a ganache-covered cake at one of their restaurants.

I want to order a cake to be delivered to my room at AKV with a bottle of champagne for our anniversary so who would I call the cake hotline? Or is there a different number I have to call. I've looked at a lot of the posts and someone said in room dining but I can not find that number.

You would need to call Private Dining for that. At most resorts, there is no direct number for Private Dining - you just have to call the main resort number and ask to be transferred. And a quick Google search says the main number is.... (407) 938-3000. :teeth:

I think I have read every page of this thread, but I can't remember if I read this or not. Can you have fancy cakes (Mad Hatter, etc) delivered to any place inside Epcot?

Thanks so much for the info and the number. I swear I can't find anything on google anymore. Heck I googled the address for AKL in Dec and put it in the GPS and well we ended up at a swamp LOL so who knows what I would have found for the numnber.

Thanks again!

Thanks.

What do you think?

We had a ganache covered cake with strawberries and custard delivered to our room at the Poly. It was made at the Poly because my DH had extensive conversations with the kitchen there. We did have to order a 10 inch though.

I think I have read every page of this thread, but I can't remember if I read this or not. Can you have fancy cakes (Mad Hatter, etc) delivered to any place inside Epcot?

I'm going to say only if you're having a private event. We got one delivered to Epcot by the GF Bakery, but we were doing a dessert party and had our event planner arrange it. So far anytime anyone on this thread has ordered a cake for a restaurant at Epcot, it has been a standard grocery-store style cake - not the fondant-covered fancy kind you can get at the Deluxe resorts.

One thing you could try is talking to the pastry chef at the Yacht & Beach Club and see if they would deliver one inside Epcot for you. :thumbsup2

Heck I googled the address for AKL in Dec and put it in the GPS and well we ended up at a swamp LOL so who knows what I would have found for the numnber.

:scared1: :rotfl:

My birthday was noted on all of our TS ADRs for the week (11). Only one restaurant brought an unordered treat: the California Grill - 3 days after my birthday :). The day before my birthday Les Chefs had a candle in my crepes and ice cream and on my birthday the dessert I ordered had a special birthday wish on the plate and they gave me a commemorative menu (Narcoossee's). Maybe it was because I was 41 and not 3 - who knows. I am not complaining because I left every meal without hunger. ;)

I had my 40th at Disney. It was on all of my ADR's. Only one place gave me a special treat: Marakesh (we didn't even have an ADR, they saw my button). It was mint ice cream with a candle. They sang to me and it was fun. We had an ordered cake at Norcoossee's.
However, when I took my son for his 12th BD he got a treat every place we went. He received an unsolicited cupcake at 1900 Park Fare, Garden Grill and Boma plus a HUGE sundae at Sci-Fi.
But, as is always said, never count on anything 100%.

Last year my DH & I had an awesome chocolate ganache cake at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was a beautiful cake, decorated with fresh berries. I can't remember the exact price, but it was a 10 inch cake for I think $35-$40. WELL worth it and we had plenty of cake for the week. I have a pic...if I find it, I will post it.

We had this type of cake for our illuminations cruise. The fruit on top was very yummy and the cake was really good! I think I paid $40 for it.

Thank you for the pixs of the toy story cake ,was the woody and buzz a picture?and what was in back of that?

Does anyone know if there is frosting other than buttercream ,such as cream cheese? I hate buttercream not made with butter and i read a post that it tasted like crisco,I want to put it under fondant,and fondant looks good ,but the taste of that is also not to hot ,so I would like the frosting to taste good,thanks for your reply:yay:

We had a ganache covered cake with strawberries and custard delivered to our room at the Poly. It was made at the Poly because my DH had extensive conversations with the kitchen there. We did have to order a 10 inch though.

Oh fantastic - thanks for letting me know. I'll give it a try then:goodvibes

Thank you for the pixs of the toy story cake ,was the woody and buzz a picture?and what was in back of that?

You're welcome. Yes woody and buzz was a picture. It was a sugar craft sculpture with lots of planets and stars printed on it. Very clever.

We're surprising our dd in Sept for her birthday and are looking to have dinner at Akershus. I would love to hear your experiences with cakes that you have ordered at Epcot, including pictures, and prices. Thanks!princess:

I would like to know this too because we are taking my DFIL to Le Cellier to celebrate his retirement and would like to know about ordering a cake for him.

My husband and I will be staying there next month for our 5th anniversary and I would love to have a mini wedding cake delivered to our anniversary dinner. Can anyone tell me where to call to order this? When I booked our ADR I was given the option to order an 8" "celebration cake" but that's not what I'm looking for. I looked through several pages of posts but couldn't find the info I'm seeking. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter