Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions and this thread is super duper longs so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

We are celebrating our 13 anniversary next month and have dinner planned at Jiko and Citricos...here are my questions

1. Can you get a special cake at Jiko? Do they make them onsite or deliver them from the GF...if that is the case should I save the delivery fee and just have it at Citricos. Or would you just save the $$ and order regular dessert at these places.

2. I really like the 2 tiered mini wedding cake on page 1 of this thread...my question is, is there a list of cake flavors or is it a "you can dream it we can do it" kind of thing

3. We are just 2 people and dont want a super huge cake, just something that we can share for dessert at the restaurant. What would you do?

4. Is there a link to just pictures and prices only without all the other posts?

Many thanks you guys..I am leaning towards a 2 tiered mini wedding cake with mocha cake and mocha cream filling (DH's favorite) with a cluster of red roses on top (similar to the personal wedding cakes we had for just DH and I at our wedding) and I think Citrico's may be the place to do it at.

I have a few questions and this thread is super duper longs so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

We are celebrating our 13 anniversary next month and have dinner planned at Jiko and Citricos...here are my questions

1. Can you get a special cake at Jiko? Do they make them onsite or deliver them from the GF...if that is the case should I save the delivery fee and just have it at Citricos. Or would you just save the $$ and order regular dessert at these places.

Someone just posted (1 or 2 pages back) an amazing Nightmare Before Christmas cake from Jiko. I would think you could get something really nice there.

2. I really like the 2 tiered mini wedding cake on page 1 of this thread...my question is, is there a list of cake flavors or is it a "you can dream it we can do it" kind of thing

On first page of this thread, there is 2 links to the previous cake threads with flavors, frostings, etc. listed. I don't recall what flavors you can get for the mini wedding cake though.

3. We are just 2 people and dont want a super huge cake, just something that we can share for dessert at the restaurant. What would you do?

4. Is there a link to just pictures and prices only without all the other posts?

Here's the link to the cake gallery thread with just pics.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30801085#post30801085

Many thanks you guys..I am leaning towards a 2 tiered mini wedding cake with mocha cake and mocha cream filling (DH's favorite) with a cluster of red roses on top (similar to the personal wedding cakes we had for just DH and I at our wedding) and I think Citrico's may be the place to do it at.

I think the 2 tier mini wedding cake is so adorable! Definitely might be the way to go if it's just the 2 of you. I saw on the thread somewhere several different kinds, a white, a pink and I think a purple. So cute! :goodvibes

I think the 2 tier mini wedding cake is so adorable! Definitely might be the way to go if it's just the 2 of you. I saw on the thread somewhere several different kinds, a white, a pink and I think a purple. So cute! :goodvibes

Oh thank you so much, you saved me a lot of time! Nicki

Oh thank you so much, you saved me a lot of time! Nicki

No problem.:goodvibes I guess that's what happens when you've been reading this cake thread for a year!:laughing:

A quick side note though...I *think* that you can only get the mini wedding cake at a GF restaurant. I don't remember anyone saying they received one from Jiko. Although I believe someone got one from the BW bakery. So if you went that route, you could just eat at Citricio's as you said and get a cute little wedding cake! Dang, I wish DH and I were celebrating something on our upcoming trip (besides my DD's b-day) so I could order me one those! :goodvibes

No problem.:goodvibes I guess that's what happens when you've been reading this cake thread for a year!:laughing:

Well since you are on this thread alot let me ask you another question ;)

Have you seen any CARS cakes? DH and I are car fanatics and drag race in our spare time and our favorite Disney movie is Cars!

I might have to contact the cake people and see if this is doable!

Well since you are on this thread alot let me ask you another question ;)

Have you seen any CARS cakes? DH and I are car fanatics and drag race in our spare time and our favorite Disney movie is Cars!

I might have to contact the cake people and see if this is doable!

Hmm, I remember people asking about a Cars themed cake but I don't remember seeing one on the thread. Maybe there was something about it being a Pixar character? Ugh, I can't remember! Actually if you really want your questions answered, you should ask lurkyloo. She's like a cake investigator!:laughing:

Just from having read the cake threads, people have had really good luck with GF restaurants, BW Bakery/Yacht Club Bakery and the CR Bakery. If you want a Cars theme maybe ask them to pave the top of your cake with black frosting and bring in your own Car toy, like Lightning McQueen!:laughing: When you do call, be persistent. I got the flightiest CM today when I called to order my DD's cake at 1900 PF. :sad2: I'll be calling to speak with someone else tomorrow!:goodvibes

The GF and BW seems to be the only places to get the mini wedding cakes. I was told I could get vanilla, chocolate or cheesecake. The minis are so extravagant.

Anyone have the link to the cake order form or have the filling types?? Hubby is ordering my cake today...IPO has sent picture of what I want over to the restaurant for us, but he needs to get them the details.....

I tried searching and couldn't find. Thanks.

I was wondering what is the smallest size custom cake that you can order. I'm wanting a cake for DH belated bday. There are only 5 of us on this trip so I don't want a huge cake. I'm thinking navy blue fondant icing with silver mickey heads and a penn state mickey topper. I have a penn state mickey pin that I would like them to base it on.

I was wondering what is the smallest size custom cake that you can order. I'm wanting a cake for DH belated bday. There are only 5 of us on this trip so I don't want a huge cake. I'm thinking navy blue fondant icing with silver mickey heads and a penn state mickey topper. I have a penn state mickey pin that I would like them to base it on.

It used to be 10inch But lots of people are getting 6 and 8 inch cakes customized now.

Anyone have list of fillings?

Has anyone ever done a Sorcerer Mickey Cake? We are eating at Mama Melrose's for dinner for my brothers birthday and we were thinking since he likes Fantasia we were going to do a Sorcerer Mickey and I haven't seen any of them though. Does Hollywood Studios have its own bakery or would we have to do Boardwalk?

Just wondering if it is indeed true that one can order a 6in custom cake and if so how many does that feed. We will only have 4 in our party 2 being kids that are 3 and 5 so really we don't want to be stuck with too much left oevr cake. It's DS's 5th bday while we are there and he lokes the mickey head but I'm wondering if we should just get one of the mini ones and bring it with us to the crystal palace on his bday dinner. will they keep itin the kitchen upon our arrival if we do this. Also has anyone had one of these mini mickey heads and if so are they fresh or can you tell that they have been sitting in a display for a while?

So I just got off the phone with the GF bakery. I want to order a cake for my DD9 at 1900 Park Fare in 2 weeks. Wow, they really try to push the 6" cakes on you. Anyhow, I spoke with a lady named Gloriamar (sp?) and she was pleasant. But not helpful. I requested a 10" chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling. No problem there. Then I said I wanted the frosting to be blue and she said they don't do that? I told her to please write down that I want the cake blue. She agreed. Then I wanted a white chocolate tinker bell statue and she said they couldn't do that. I said I'd seen it done in the past and she told me that if I put it on my cake, it would sink because it's too heavy. Ugh. So I kindly persisted and then she said she needed to check with the chef first. I waited patiently and she came back and said they can put a white chocolate tink statue on top. I also requested that tinker bell be painted life-like and she told me they only do the gold highlights, no colors. Blech! So again I kindly persisted that I wanted tink colored and she said she made a note of it. I think I'll call again and try to speak with someone else. This lady didn't seem to know what she was doing. :confused3 She was very friendly but not too helpful.

Quoting myself here...I called the GF back just now and spoke with Doug. He was kind and helpful! We straightened out my DD's b-day cake for 1900 PF in 2 weeks. As I had suspected, the lady I spoke with yesterday had messed up the order and Doug had to fix it. So, I ended up ordering a 10" chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling and frosting. On top, a white chocolate tinker bell painted life-like with sugar flowers all around her. On the sides of the cake, I requested hidden mickey's in the frosting. Also a chocolate scroll that says Happy Birthday. I told him to make it as girly as possible for a tinker bell fan! Yea! She is going to love it and I will post a pic for sure when we get back from Disney beginning of Nov. Whew, what a relief to talk to someone who knew what they were doing! :woohoo:

I just got called back from the CR private dining. They are able to put the white chocolate monorail on my cake - yeah!

So it should be a vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling with chocolate buttercream frosting with a white chocolate monorail on top - I was quoted $85 with the buttercream icing or $100 if I wanted fondant. I went with the buttercream since I'm not a fan of fondant (neither the look nor the taste).

The cake people were great - polite and knowledgeable and called me promptly. She went over the order to ensure that everything was correct and even confirmed what time to deliver it to the room. It took me 10 minutes yesterday and 5 minutes today, I'm very happy with the service from them (wish I could say the same about IPO service - they told me they couldn't order my cake for me, I had to call myself).

Super excited! I'll make sure to take pictures to post on my return.

Quoting myself here...I called the GF back just now and spoke with Doug. He was kind and helpful! We straightened out my DD's b-day cake for 1900 PF in 2 weeks.

On top, a white chocolate tinker bell painted life-like with sugar flowers all around her.

I'm so glad you felt the same confidence as I did with Doug yesterday.

Painted life-like? You do know that tinker bell is an animated character?

Just saying. :rolleyes1:goodvibes

I think they are "restaurant specific". I was given this email address for the Contemporary.....but never heard back from anyone.....

wdpr-contemporary.bakery.cake.order@disney.com

Thank you SO much for this info! I sent the email and it was returned within 10 minutes!!! And it was even Brian...I was so happy since I wanted him to do the cake anyway!:woohoo: Thank you SO much again!:hug:

I'm so glad you felt the same confidence as I did with Doug yesterday.

Painted life-like? You do know that tinker bell is an animated character?

Just saying. :rolleyes1:goodvibes

:laughing: Yes, but she is colored! The lady I spoke with yesterday said I could only get a tinker bell painted with gold lines, no colors. I sweetly persisted that I've seen it done and she told me that there are no pics of official Disney cakes! She obviously doesn't know about this thread!:rotfl::lmao:

I want to order one of those small white cakes with the castle topper but I want it special made to be a 2 tiered mini wedding cake. We are staying at the Grand Floridian, so would I call the GF bakery or the cake hotline? Can this be delivered to our room? How far in advance do i have to call our trip is the first week in December. Thanks!!

Anybody?

Also.. Do you have to pay for the cake when your order it , or when it is delivered. THX again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter