Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a cake be delivered to Fort Wilderness campground? If not there...what about Whisperin Canyon?

Trying to see what I can arrange :)

Several years ago, I got a cake @ WCC. I believe it was a the standard 6 0r 8 inch. i think your only choices may be that or a Mickeyhead. But Call Private dining directly @ the hotel to discuss.

OK, cake chatterers, I've been lurking here for a while, and my trip is finally close enough to start thinking about cake!!! :woohoo:

My mom will be celebrating her 49th birthday while we are in WDW next month. I know she'll love the cake with the custard and strawberry filling, and since the beginning of Cake Boss, she uses the word "fondant" as often as possible. :laughing:

Where would be the best place to order our cake from and have it delivered (or picked up)? Here are some of our ADRs (the others will just be part of our group eating, and I'd like to have the cake with everyone in our group):

1900 Park Fare Dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch
Chef Mickey's Dinner (this is on her actual birthday)
Le Cellier Lunch

Thanks!!

ETA: Oh, duh, and when should I order??

I would call Contemporary private dining & order a cake for your Chef Mickey's meal. The cakes at Contemporary have been nice lately . (Look for the haunted mansion cake on the cake gallery thread. It's amazing!) They do offer fondant & I'd rather have a cake on my actual birthday. IMHO, it's not really the same, if it's on a different day.

Thank you for your help... Teppan Edo is not my choice but hers because she LOVES that type of food. I called the cake phone number and hopefully I will figure something out. THANKS AGAIN!!!

I'd explore the option of carrying a cake in from Boardwalk Bakery more thoroughly. ;) You'd need to ask TE, if they had a problem with you bringing it in.

Can a cake be delivered to Fort Wilderness campground? If not there...what about Whisperin Canyon?

Trying to see what I can arrange :)

After doing research for someone else a few months back, a cake cannot be delivered to the campground but you can get one at Whispering Canyon but they are normally simple with flowers or something like that.

Just curious - has anyone had a cake delivered during their meal at either the GF cafe or Afternoon Tea??

I would call Contemporary private dining & order a cake for your Chef Mickey's meal. The cakes at Contemporary have been nice lately . (Look for the haunted mansion cake on the cake gallery thread. It's amazing!) They do offer fondant & I'd rather have a cake on my actual birthday. IMHO, it's not really the same, if it's on a different day.

I'd explore the option of carrying a cake in from Boardwalk Bakery more thoroughly. ;) You'd need to ask TE, if they had a problem with you bringing it in.

I saw that cake. AWESOME!!! She would love a Haunted Mansion cake! I totally didn't put two and two together there (DUH! CG and CM are in the same resort!!). I think I'm in planning overload and am missing the most obvious things. :upsidedow

I saw that cake. AWESOME!!! She would love a Haunted Mansion cake! I totally didn't put two and two together there (DUH! CG and CM are in the same resort!!). I think I'm in planning overload and am missing the most obvious things. :upsidedow

I know, wasn't that great??? I ordered that for our anniversary dinner on 9/10.

Where should I call to get a cake delivered to our room at Wilderness lodge? It is my husbands 39th Birthday and I would love to suprise him with a cake when we arrive back at the hotel after MVMCP. Any suggestions on what type of cake would be appreciated..I scrolled thru 3 cake threads and there are sooo many great ones!

TIA:goodvibes

Where should I call to get a cake delivered to our room at Wilderness lodge? It is my husbands 39th Birthday and I would love to suprise him with a cake when we arrive back at the hotel after MVMCP. Any suggestions on what type of cake would be appreciated..I scrolled thru 3 cake threads and there are sooo many great ones!

TIA:goodvibes

Contact private dining @ WL. they'll work with you and have it in your room at your specified time. they do it onsite, so it'll be specific to WL.

I've been on the cake chatter thread and gallery but really need someone "novice" advice. :teacher:

We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's for my son's 4th birthday. He said he wants a Mickey Mouse Club House Cake. :wizard:

I don't understand how the different bakeries work in the world and who delivers where/when etc. so I'm not sure how to proceed or if I can even get a cake like that delivered to CM's. Ideas for the clueless please!? :confused:

I would like to order the treasure cake that I've seen in a few pictures for DS 4th birthday (9/9). I may have missed it but are there specific restaurants that do this and how do I go about ordering it?

I'd also like to order a customized cake from the GF Bakery for DDs 1st Birthday (9/19). We do have ADRs at 1900 Park Fare. Do I need to call the restaurant directly or the general number?

I'm sure this has been asked before and I may have even saw what I needed, but I can't find it now and we leave in about 2 weeks. Any help is appreciated.

Hi, first English is not my language, excuse me if I writte something wrong. I love cakes and this is my favorite forum. I just ordered my sister's Raquel birthay cake monday morning. I called Contemporary Private Dining to place the order. I talked to Jerry and he was so nice and answer all my questions. I took the idea for the cake from Patricia H. It's going to be a Tinkerbell cake 10", vanilla with bavarian cream-strawberry filling, green fondant over white buttercream, sugar flowers, ladybugs and Mickeys ears. We are 4 adult an one child but we all love cakes and it's going to be delivery to Bay Lake Tower friday 04. I think I,m going to be eating cake the whole weekend. Lurkyloo I read all your wedding post and is beautiful, thanks for all the ideas here and to Brian for his advices in this forum, and to all the cake lovers like me. I'll share picks when I return. :flower3:

Thank you Dominiki for sharing your experience! Cant wait to see your pictures! Have a magical vacation! :wizard:

I would like to order the treasure cake that I've seen in a few pictures for DS 4th birthday (9/9). I may have missed it but are there specific restaurants that do this and how do I go about ordering it?

I'd also like to order a customized cake from the GF Bakery for DDs 1st Birthday (9/19). We do have ADRs at 1900 Park Fare. Do I need to call the restaurant directly or the general number?

I'm sure this has been asked before and I may have even saw what I needed, but I can't find it now and we leave in about 2 weeks. Any help is appreciated.

The treasure chest is something that is available because of the Celebration theme going on so it would be available at almost all restaurants.
For the 1900 Park Fare cake you will call the Grand Floridian Bakery directly and they will help you out.

I've been on the cake chatter thread and gallery but really need someone "novice" advice. :teacher:

We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's for my son's 4th birthday. He said he wants a Mickey Mouse Club House Cake. :wizard:

I don't understand how the different bakeries work in the world and who delivers where/when etc. so I'm not sure how to proceed or if I can even get a cake like that delivered to CM's. Ideas for the clueless please!? :confused:

You will need to start by calling Chef Mickeys directly. You will most likely have to leave a message. It may take a couple of days to return your call. Tell them what you want and they will tell you what they can do. Most "custom" cakes at CM's are done with an edible picture on the top of the cake. The most popular cake at CM's is the Mickey Head cake. If you truly want the ideal custom cake I would suggest you go to the Grand Floridian to a restaurant there. But... I have had the Mickey Head cake before and we loved it! Not seen too many custom cakes from CM's except with the picture on it. But they may be able to put a Mickey Mouse Club House pic on it. You won't know until you ask! :yay: Good Luck!

Last week while checking into the Whispering Canyon Cafe I saw a sign about the treasure chest cakes. I asked the CM and I told her I was interested in gettting one at another reservation and she said no problem they have them at all the restaurants just ask at the podium for them. I got the cake from Chef Mickey's, they had no sign at the podium for it but I was able to get one no problem.

I have some time to plan my cake because I can't even make our ADRs yet but looking at where we plan on eating I am not sure where to get the cake. We will be stayin at AKV - Kidani and would love something special from them but the last time we stayed there I was told the most they could do would be a 'zebra cake' or the chocolate/brownie/cake thing that I ordered (thought it was too expensive for what we got). I would want to order the cake early in the week so that we can eat on it all week so I'm looking at either having something put together at AKL, Mama Melrose's or RFC at DAK (not sure if this would even be doable since it is technically not a WDW restaurant).

Does anyone have any experience with any of these restaurants and cakes? TIA

Lurkyloo I read all your wedding post and is beautiful, thanks for all the ideas here and to Brian for his advices in this forum, and to all the cake lovers like me. I'll share picks when I return. :flower3:

You are so sweet - thank you! I can't wait to see your cake pictures! popcorn::

I'm curios about AKV too. We're staying there and I was planning on ordering a cake for our anniversary to be delivered to our room. The only dinner reservation we have that's not at Epcot is Ohana.

We just got back from WDW and i wanted to share the pictures of the birthday cake my DD had at 1900 park fare, but i have no idea how to do it, could you please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter